test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR-116B VR MK14 will not upgrade to UR. TP consumed.

kerfokerfo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So, today I went to upgrade my Mk 12 very rare TR-116B rifle and I got it up to Mk 14 Very Rare. Apparently, when the bar was already full at Mk 14 and ready to go to Ultra Rare, I clicked upgrade, and then it suddenly said, "Claim Item." Well, I did that, but the weapon also didn't upgrade. It didn't even go through the upgrade timer to go to ultra rare. It stayed Very Rare, it consumed the cost of Tech Points and then just sat there. During this time I was mildly distracted. Figured, "I probably looked at things wrong." So, I spent a few few more superiors and a couple Improved upgrade kits to get to Ultra Rare again. It consumed all tech points and now it's down to 1,708.

What happened in order:

Logged in on my science character Myrna Alejandra and figured I'd upgrade this new TR I made. On Earth space dock at the time

At first I used a Delta Vanguard Tech Upgrade, which is 110,000 tech points, added in a x2 event booster. I also hit a x1.5 crit it seemed. So the amount of tech points skyrocketed quite nicely.

I upgraded, waited, upgraded and waited until it was Mk 14. It still had enough points it said to go to Ultra Rare. Well, I clicked to upgrade and that's when it began going down hill. It consumed the points it required to go to the next rarity, but nothing happened. That then send me to around 60% mark to do it again.

So, I used about 2 improved, and perhaps 3 or 4 Superior tech upgrades to top it off again. That cost me around 6k or so dilitihum (This was around the time I figured I made a glancing error.) I saw that estimated timer, I hit upgrade, then it suddenly turns into "Claim Item." No upgrade happens, weapon remains mk 14 Very Rare, tech points are now down to 1,708.

Not long ago I thought I saw some people have Epic versions of this gun, so I figured it'd work. Apparently, something has gone wrong and it has just consumed a bunch of my resources and time. I searched on the forums, can't say I saw any threads like this, so I made one.

At least the Delta Vanguard upgrade was the first thing I used. The other stuff was more of a minor loss I guess (although a little costly.) But, for those who have to spend more to upgrade, I'd fear for them to see this same disappointment.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it a well known issue?
STO forum term definitions for newbies: Piloting Skill: That thing you do where you fly around and avoid big scary green plasma balls of death. Pressing F and spacebar may also relate to skill. Taco: A very sacred thing. Do not speak I'll of the Taco or things will happen. Terrible things! Humor: Something not found here. Don't bring it. This forum is serious business. Fun: Something illegal. Don't have it and don't bring it