test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Toolbar power assignments

januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Why do these not stick when I change them? Is there a way to reset the toolbars so I can set them where I want and know they will always be there?
Post edited by januhull on

Comments

• olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited November 2014
    Short story

As far as I can tell you have to swap to your shuttle (while in orbit aroudn qnos or earth) and then back to your ship. This is while in orbit, not sector space. Press "u" and select the ships, there should be a "switch" button.

Long story

Yeah, it's beyond annoying, maddening really. I sought help for this through the ticket system ingame, this is what they said.

-Switch ship in space mode then switch back to your desired ship.
    -Before moving to a new Map go ahead and make changes to your load out as you see fit and save it as your Primary.
    -Swap some of the items by clicking on the item slot instead of dragging and dropping it.Save it as something else.
    -You should now have two load outs for your ship.

I asked them essentially "wtf loadouts?" because our action bars (power bars, quickbars, whatever you want to call them) shouldn't have anything to do with loadouts. The guy said -> yup, you are right, but it's a bug and this is the workaround.

Christ, I hope they don't tinker with the workaround. Please don't. It's the only thing that helps us. Don't touch it.

Through my own testing the crux of it is that you have to swap to your shuttle (while in orbit around qnos or earth) and then back to your ship. Somehow that saves the setup, or makes it a lot more sticky. Some things still want to jump around. This is what I do in detail.

(1) clear out everything on my bars.
    (2) zone to sector space then back to orbit
    (3) press "p" and pull down everything I want on my bars in just the right way.
    (4) make sure my traits and space/ground doffs are setup right
    (5) zone to sector space then back to orbit
    (6) confirm that it's all still there
    (7) switch to my shuttle while in orbit
    (8) switch back to my ship
    (9) enjoy

Now all those steps probably aren't necessary, there's a little voodoo involved. Loadouts don't seem to be a factor in whether or not this works.
    edited November 2014
    Again, this bug has been a plague. No disrespect, but please (devs) don't tinker with the workaround and leave us with no fix.

EDIT:

If anyone wants to solve the bug though, the ticket ref was 141030-000732 and the support guy was very helpful. I asked ingame in zonechat and it seems many people have this problem, they just kind of put up with it or eventually quit playing. Also, this was rare (for me) before DR.
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Short story

As far as I can tell you have to swap to your shuttle (while in orbit aroudn qnos or earth) and then back to your ship. This is while in orbit, not sector space. Press "u" and select the ships, there should be a "switch" button.

Long story

Yeah, it's beyond annoying, maddening really. I sought help for this through the ticket system ingame, this is what they said.

-Before moving to a new Map go ahead and make changes to your load out as you see fit and save it as your Primary.
    -Swap some of the items by clicking on the item slot instead of dragging and dropping it.Save it as something else.

I asked them essentially "wtf loadouts?" because our action bars (power bars, quickbars, whatever you want to call them) shouldn't have anything to do with loadouts. The guy said -> yup, you are right, but it's a bug and this is the workaround.

Christ, I hope they don't tinker with the workaround. Please don't. It's the only thing that helps us. Don't touch it.

Through my own testing the crux of it is that you have to swap to your shuttle (while in orbit around qnos or earth) and then back to your ship. Somehow that saves the setup, or makes it a lot more sticky. Some things still want to jump around. This is what I do in detail.

(9) enjoy

Now all those steps probably aren't necessary, there's a little voodoo involved. Loadouts don't seem to be a factor in whether or not this works.

Dude, you're my hero. Thanks!
  • gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is a large thread about the loadout/hotbar issue here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191 there are also many work arounds stated in the thread one of which may help you out.
  • bross42bross42 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Short story

Long story

(9) enjoy

Whatever voodoo is involved, after hours of forums and no response from GM I found and tried this...it worked. Whatever hoodoo is involved here is much appreciated
    edited November 2014
    gorndolf wrote: »
    There is a large thread about the loadout/hotbar issue here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191 there are also many work arounds stated in the thread one of which may help you out.

Yeah, that thread, not very happy with that one. I've been a frequent angry and sometimes hysterical poster in that thread. I know, they are gathering information. But people need fixes and workarounds. I've tried many things that people have recommended but this solution is the only thing that's worked for me.
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can officially back you on this one, it worked like a charm. Thank you again.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    (9) enjoy

was hoping for a miracle until step (8) when the tray got messed just ike before. congrats to the devs making this game unplayable
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
    edited November 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    was hoping for a miracle until step (8) when the tray got messed just ike before. congrats to the devs making this game unplayable

harsh, it's always worked for me. or, it's worked for me so far. try simplifying it, make your setup in orbit and don't zone, just do the shuttle switch-thing-right away. or maybe try what the GM-helpguy suggested and make two loadouts that are virtually the same before the shuttle-switch-thing.

just to make sure, you don't leave orbit while in the shuttle right?
    edited November 2014
    hope springs eternal, from the patch notes Nov 6

Loadouts:

Resolved an issue where shuttle loadouts would not automatically apply when entering a queue that automatically switches the player’s ship to a shuttle.
    Resolved an issue where items saved to a loadout would occasionally remove itself from its slot when transferring to another map.
    Resolved an issue where items shared between the active ship and current shuttle do not move when swapping between them.

fingers crossed
  • rannositarannosita Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I tried those #1-9 steps and it was fine until I switched back from the shuttle, and then I lost skills in the tray.

On some of my characters I lose Active Space doffs too, but not all of my characters are misbehaving and it doesn't seem to be all the time.

Sometimes just going from one sector block to the next will make them disappear.

I tried these steps, and it looks like it fixed one of my characters.

1) remove all boffs from stations
    2) warp out from Sol orbit to sector
    3) warp in to sector
    4) add boffs/adjust trays
    5) warped out
    6) warped in, still good
    7) switched to shuttle
    8) switched back to main ship

After that I left orbit and came back and the skills are where I left them.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    harsh, it's always worked for me. or, it's worked for me so far. try simplifying it, make your setup in orbit and don't zone, just do the shuttle switch-thing-right away. or maybe try what the GM-helpguy suggested and make two loadouts that are virtually the same before the shuttle-switch-thing.

just to make sure, you don't leave orbit while in the shuttle right?

well its got sorted out after the maintenance yesterday

i had no loadouts saved or made or what-so-eva beforehand so i tough i give another try so i did the following in-orbit

1) cleared all tray to empty
    2) unequip'd all items from ship
    3) unseated all bridge officers
    ((--switched to shuttle and done the same 1-3, saved loadout with everything empty, than back to starship--))
    4) equip'd all items on ship by clicking on the ship slots instead of drag&drop/double click
    5) seated all officers
    6) set all skills in the tray from "P" window
    7) saved loadout

and so far it works as it should, even keeps new changes without messing up the whole and i just save/overwrite the loadout each time i modify something
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shuttle switching shouldn't be neccesary, there's a much easier workaround, unless they broke it recently.

1) be in a space map
    2) set up your trays, weapons/consoles, doffs.
    3) save loadout
    4) move one weapon or console out of your ship into inventory, or just switch it with another weapon on the ship.
    5) load loadout you just saved

this should be enough to make the tray, equipment and doff settings stick until you change them again.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.