test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ID #2,865,899: Vicsous Cycle Advanced - Unstable Anomaly Scan

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This anomaly apparently can't be scanned, because any movement of the ship interrupts the scan.
but fluidic space is always moving my ship.
On advanced and elite this is not an optional any more but a mandatory opjective. So the mission auto fails!
Please change the interact to one that can't be interrupted and make the interact area wider, due to fluidic space movement and inertia it is near impossible not to overshoot the target area and just maybe add a few seconds to the ridiculously short timer to do it please?
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• admlanceladmlancel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The anomaly is bugged, and auto-cancels the scan when attempted. This may be do to movement as the OP mentions, in contrast to every other scannable object in the game. My opinion is that it is broken. I have never once seen it completed, and each time I reach it, it auto-cancels my scan, even after repeated attempts to re-initiate it. It is extremely frustrating on Adv/Elite where this will cause the mission to fail, forcing a cooldown and effectively wasting the entire team's time due to a required objective which is honestly bugged.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It was never fixed, since that missions inception!

I have posted that this particular optional, would in fact cause an automatic fail and, they have yet to even acknowledge it thus far.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    timelord79 has it correct. The bug is the result of ship movement interrupting the scan. Since the interval between the Fluidic Space movement effect is shorter than the scan time, it is impossible to complete the scan. I can confirm this by having stationed my ship at the anomaly location (thus being there when it spawned).

There are several types of "interacts" available in the game. I think there are at least these 4 different types:

1: No interrupt - nothing will interrupt these and they do not break cloak or other effects, and can be performed while moving. Some of the ones in the Breen story missions are like this.

2: No cloaking - same as 1 except it will automatically break cloak. Most are this type.

3: Damage interrupts - Taking any amount of hull damage or using abilities will break these interacts. For example, the interacts to save the ships in Borg Disconnected.

4: Everything interrupts - Moving your ship too much, taking damage, or using abilities will break these interacts. For example, the anomaly in VC.

A simple fix would be to switch this interact to a Type 3 interact (as above). Hopefully a dev will get this fixed. It's boring gambling on every VCE run.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I reported this when it was launched. From what I could tell if I parked myself at the point before it appeared and tried to scan I got to ~50-75% before it cancelled. I tried various things at the time including the undine equipment but nothing stopped me. Sometimes the debuff stopped showing but did appear whevner I got to scanning. Not tried the newer stuff but bet that won't help either.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aou REALY expecting cryptic to fix this bug ? while other older bugs, so old that they re now even grandparents remain here ?
    do you belive in santa ?