test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to move in Sector Space Delta Sectors

penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a strange problem in sector space, but only in the Delta Sectors. I can only move a small distance before I stick in place. This only happens in the delta quadrant sectors, so I know it's not my machine.

This is really frustrating as I have to transwarp out to move anywhere.

EDIT: When I do /stuck my ship moved back a fraction and then hits this wall again. Right in the middle of sector space.

I have tried to relog. Stuck in same place.

EDIT: Luckily I had a Solnae set in my inventory. Using the subspace jump got me past the dead point. Guess its a dead part of the map.
Post edited by penthaligon on

Comments

• penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had this as well. Usually I have to point the ship all the way down and it unsticks itself.
  • patrick702patrick702 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i'm stuck in the delta quadrant too. going from kobali trying to get to argala. pointing down gets the ship unstuck but as soon as the nose gets above the horizon it sticks again. is anyone looking into or acknowledged this issue?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had this happen as well a couple of times.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This happened to me once too, i had to warp out of delta and back.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I've traveled over both Delta maps and haven't been able to reproduce this.

Is this seen in consistent areas?

Are you using Transwarp or just moving normally when this happens?

Are you using autotravel?

Does this happen with every character or just one?

Does this happen with a particular ship?
    STO QA Team
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've only had one character/ship in the delta quadrant so far, so I can't answer most of your questions.

It happened during normal travel. (I may have had autotravel on.) Once stuck, I could "slipstream" and get the tunnel effect, but my ship wouldn't move.
    If you get stuck under sector space, once you hit the grid, you stop moving, and get stuck, until you point your ship down, and can move down a bit. That may be what's happening to some people.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sometimes when you leave kobali you end up under the map, is it possible the 'wall' was a result of your ship hitting the bottom of the map from below? If you have astrometrics turned off it does indeed look a lot like your ship just stops for no reason, and would also explain why tilting your ship down will get you moving again.

I'm not saying that's definitely the issue, just a thought.

Edit- Ninja'd...
  • androphorosandrophoros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had this as well, I can't speak if this is the same issue the rest are facing, but when you leave the kobali system sometimes you spawn under the "floor" of the sector space map, which can cause your ship to stall when you try to go back through the floor. have astrometrics mode on to see if this is the case
    "Wesley - He wants the Impossible
    Geordi - That's the short definition of Captain" - and the STO Forums
  • ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Discoverered one time as well during a normal sector move in delta quadrant.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    leaving the kobali system like half the time places you under the map. your stuck because you hit the floor. if you go suficently below the side walls you can fly around basically forever in any direction. its a simple mater of transwarping anywhere to get yourself back inside a sector block

the fix would be moving the kobali system up on the z axis, so its not so close to the sector floor
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I can't reproduce this consistently either, but I have encountered it a few times. Doing my best the answer:

The only place I've run into this is between Kobali Prime and the Jenolan Dyson Sphere, after leaving the Kobali system.

Moving normally.

Yes.

I've only encountered it on one character: Tharon@dragonsbrethren. But this is no indication that it's restricted to a specific character. Tharon is the only one I've been taking through the rep, so I have him on Kobali prime way more often than anyone else. Three of my five characters haven't even been there.

Possibly. My Charal class. It is what I was using for most of the DQ content on that character. I haven't run into this since I switched to the Phantom (but I don't believe I've gone to Kobali prime since I switched, either. The Mirror Invasion event has been eating up a lot of my play time).

Hope it helps! Based on the other responses, it does sound like the issue is with being under the "floor" of sector space after leaving the Kobali system. If it happens to me again, I'll turn astrometrics on and confirm.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've never gotten stuck in the middle of spacez but I have been stuck on the edge of the jenolan sphere, and sometimes on the edges of the map where you warp to new sectors. But I can get unstuck using the subspace fold ability from my dyson warp core. I'm getting more use out of it than I thought I would.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This happened to me one time only, but what the OP is describing sounds like the same thing that happened to me that time. It was a while back, but I can tell you that I was not at transwarp when it occurred. I first realized I was stuck during an attempt at autotravel. I switched to manual piloting to try and get out of it, which got me to move a few small distances if I went to flanking speed and banked as hard as I could in either direction, but this ultimately quit working after a few attempts.

I "fixed" the problem when it happened by changing instances. When I spawned into the new instance I did not have the issue.

As a note I have only had one toon in the DQ. To me the problem seemed like I spawned into the sector with the Y-axis coordinate set too low and as a result the floor was treated as an object and I could not get out. Pitch/yaw commands did no good.

I may have tried the /stuck command but if I did, the result was a no-go.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just echoing...
    Been stuck under the Delta Quadrant map as well, logging in and out didn't fix the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I had this happen a couple of times during my trip to the DQ with my science toon flying the Dauntless. I think once I was using slipstream, the other I wasn't. I don't recall where it happened though, I didn't really think much of it at the time I just turned around and flew off to the side then continued and was ok. If it happens again I'll take note of where I was and what speed I was doing etc.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have had this happen with both characters that have access to DQ, on various ships.

It's like some sort of invisible box that they're stuck in.

With or without auto-travel, with or without going at transwarp speeds. I always ended up using the Transwarp to teleport away.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I definitely had this happen to me. Not able to go forward and I believe I was using auto-travel. I could reverse and then go forward, but it would quickly drop back down to 0 warp. Auto-traveling to another destination did not unstick me.

I was able to get around it by changing sector space instances. Once the map reloaded, i just continued onto my destination by flying manually.

Only happened once

Normal warp

yes

Sorry for the dig at PWE/Cryptic, but the grinds/time gates have killed alting, so I don't know. I don't play my alts and likely never will.

Since it only has happened once, I can't answer this. I was flying a Kumari.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had this problem once flying my Eclipse somewhere near the Jenolan Sphere (sorry I can't be more specific there; it was a while ago now). I got out of it using transwarp, but nothing else (including visiting my bridge to change zone) seemed to work.

It may be unrelated, but the first thing I looked at when it happened was my ship's equipment and I found that my warp core had been moved to a different ship for some reason; however, fixing my loadout didn't get me moving again.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think I actually had this once, too. INterestingly enough, I could fly backwards, and so I few backwards at Warp 4.3 or something like that with my Phantom to the other delta sector block, and when I switched maps, I could fly freely again.

It's been too long ago that I remember anything particular I did then.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what part of you are underneath the sector block, and running onto the floor is hard to understand? thats why you appear stuck, can do things like reverse, etc.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I had this problem once flying my Eclipse somewhere near the Jenolan Sphere

Well that's strange. I have the same thing happen when flying in my Eclipse near the Jenolan Sphere.

It's like I run into walls and then get stuck. I can reverse a little bit before getting stuck in what seems to be a maze of invisible walls. Eventually transwarped to ESD to get out of there.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    what part of you are underneath the sector block, and running onto the floor is hard to understand? thats why you appear stuck, can do things like reverse, etc.

What part of, not the case, are you not getting? :P

When it happened to me, I wasn't under the map. I was at normal map height, and all I had to do was turn left and go forward slightly then turn right again and I could move further down the sector block. I didn't increase or decrease height to fix it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a strange problem in sector space, but only in the Delta Sectors. I can only move a small distance before I stick in place. This only happens in the delta quadrant sectors, so I know it's not my machine.

This is really frustrating as I have to transwarp out to move anywhere.

EDIT: When I do /stuck my ship moved back a fraction and then hits this wall again. Right in the middle of sector space.

I have tried to relog. Stuck in same place.

EDIT: Luckily I had a Solnae set in my inventory. Using the subspace jump got me past the dead point. Guess its a dead part of the map.

This happened to me. Then when I turn on the sector grid, I found I was under the grid. Not above it. You are basically under the map. This happened when I logged into my character when he was parked in sector space near the kaboli prime.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I wasn't under the map either. Has people flying right by me, I was that guy in the middle lane of the highway with smoke coming out of my hood.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had this happen twice. Each time on different character, but exactly the same situation for both. One a KDF Klingon tac somewhere around lvl 56-57 back then, and recently a FED Vulcan eng lvl 60.

I've just finished the short mission that introduces you to the Kobali adventure zone. I then immediately took the next mission in line (I believe it's a patrol mission - as in consisting of a number of patrols). I did a number of available missions on Kobali Prime. Then I beamed up, warped out of Kobali system and proceeded to the nearest system I had to patrol in the next mission - one to the west northwest of Kobali - by autotravel.

From what I remember, somewhere in the middle of that stretch, I stopped. I tried to reverse, but got stuck again. I turned my to one direction and then another, and soon the ship couldn't move at all. I however don't believe having tried moving up or down and don't remember whether I was substantially lower than other players (I think I'd notice that and realise I was under the map, though - and that didn't happen).

Both times, I got out of trouble by transwarping in another sector block (may have been Beta Ursae for the KDF char and Sol for the FED).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • fltcaptcrandallfltcaptcrandall Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Crandall@Capt. Crandall USS-Explorer

happened once

Vesta class U.S.S. Explorer

autotravel, no slip stream, from Kobali system to Dyson sphere system

hit a "dead spot" somewhere between the two. was able to turn, but could not move under any power in any direction. transwarped out and have not had it reoccur.
  • willywonkle9willywonkle9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wasn't under the map either. Has people flying right by me, I was that guy in the middle lane of the highway with smoke coming out of my hood.

Same here. Was definitely not under the map. Fortunately have only had it happen a few times and changing instance seemed to help. I have seen many other ships stuck as I go cruising past at the same altitude.

Have seen it most frequently in the "Vyntadi Triangle" as I've come to call it. From Kobali to Argala, and back down to the Dyson Sphere.

Not sure about other areas of the Quadrant as I have only taken my main through the episodes and now spend the majority of my time at those three locations.

Edit: Occurred at both normal and transwarp. Auto-travel and manual.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014

As mentioned by several other people it seems to happen most when leaving Kobali Prime to go into sector space. It doesnt always happen to me though so its not a 100% thing. Kobali Prime system in sector space is really close to the "floor". Maybe change the Z coordinates for Kobali Prime so it is up higher? Or maybe the exit coordinates Z axis of the "leave Kobali Prime" need to be up higher? And not just high enough to allow 1 person to leave. Its a BZ system so you have to assume a lot of people are coming and going. So when a bunch of people leave and AFK in sector space you have that ship spread feature so people dont cluster up in the exact same spot. So you have to account for that as well. Not sure how your system works but thats what i would do.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I've gotten a repro for this. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes i had this bug earlier when I had to go back to Kobali Prime to grab my EV Suits. I had it after DR launch but a couple patches ago I thought it was fixed. It's back. I had to transwarp to the new episode's planet to start the mission.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.