test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Got a warning for purchasing master keys ...

13»

Comments

• Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the reports on this.

I have forwarded on the info to the appropriate teams to check into what is happening and to see if we can get this cleared up.

Please respond back to this thread if you're experiencing this problem.

Please include the following info:

In-game Account @Handle:
    Steam Users: (Yes or No)
    When You Received This Notification:
    Ticket #: (if you have already submitted a support ticket)

Thanks for your patience everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

In-game Account @Handle: @noctusxx
    Steam Users: (Yes or No): Yes
    When You Received This Notification: 12/11/2014

I have been a paying zen/c-store customer since launch. If PWE is going to call me a thief and mess up my item inventories with unstackable bound items for using Steam instead of ARC or the PWE site, then they just lost a customer.
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I have forwarded on the info to the appropriate teams to check into what is happening and to see if we can get this cleared up.

In-game Account @Handle:

~CaptainSmirk

@Rosebloome
    Steam User : Yes
    Recieved Probation Notification Friday, December 12th. Around 3 am.

Been using steam to buy my zen since forever.

So I decided that it might be safe to try and buy zen after hearing about this issue and waiting a good while for it to get cleared up. To try a few R&D packs to maybe land that new T6 dread, if anything the lobi would be nice. Order some Zen through steam, pow you're on probation. What. I don't purchase zen often. Last time might of been when i bought Zen for my QIB and maybe a little after for dilithium to help power my gear to MK XIV. Then suddenly. This. All the mats from the R&D boxes are now bound to account, can't even give them to my GF so she can make me purple item upgrade items. /sigh At least i can use the boosters for myself.

Pretty please fix this. I'm begging you.
  • Options
    solafidorsolafidor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014

In-game Account @Handle:

~CaptainSmirk

n-game Account @Handle: Fidor@Solafidor
    Steam Users: (Yes or No) Yes
    When You Received This Notification: about 12:30 am Mountain Time
    Ticket #: (if you have already submitted a support ticket) #141212-002055

I have bought zen on Steam many times and at least once through Arc. I have also been on probation once before.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Handle: @Minevera
    Steam: Yes
    Notice Received: About a week ago and today from this date (December 7, 2014)
    Ticket #: NA

I also noticed that any unboxed Lobi I collected entered a separate stack as well as any Dilithium Mining Claims. This is just plain dumb.

I hate to bump an old thread, but to me this is still relevant. I now have a ticket ID 3008828 and I'm still getting this. The whole probation thing may be a good idea, but implementation is something left to be desired. :(
  • Options
    simon155xsimon155x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Perhaps this is the problem? I don't suppose anyone ever stopped to think that selling keys bought from the Cstore on the exchange for ludicrously high prices would eventually be shut down by cryptic? Of course not. Not all that surprising, considering that this inherently subverts the whole point of the Cstore, so cryptic can have an income from the players.

See, when 1 player buys a set of keys from the Cstore, that's money in cryptics pocket. When you put those keys on the exchange, and make them available to other players for energy credits, those players are paying you, not cryptic. Thats money out of cryptics pocket, money that they use to develop the game and mechanics that you're so obviously abusing. Sure, when a few players were doing it, that was fine. No big loss. But the more players that do it, and especially the more players who just grind dilithium for zen, the more money cryptic loses. Personally, I can't believe that it took them this long to pit a stop to it. And I always thought it odd that keys were the only thing thing that could be sold from the store.

So, to the greedy, overpricing players who play the exchange stock market more than the actual game, thank you for making yet another restriction necessary. You can blame yourselves when cryptic removes the dithium exchange and makes zen a cash only currency.

That doesn't really make sense as you're overlooking one key assumption - that those players would otherwise be buying keys for their own purposes. Using your example you have two groups of people:

1) Those willing to spend money, just to convert to other types of currency.
    2) Those willing to give up other types of currency by buying items.

Your issue occurs when you prevent sales of items. You're then left with:

Group 1) - Who can no longer do as they were, so spend nothing.
    Group 2) - Who may be unwilling to pay real money still.

The net effect may then be a drop in sales, not an increase. You really have to take into account the different player types. Of course, even those willing to pay real money may draw the line at different points. Some in game items demand laughably high volumes of zen.
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didn't buy any keys like most everyone here has said. I was buying zen to buy dilithium off the exchange. Now I can't. Going on 4 days now I have been blocked from the dilithium exchange. I'm not going back to Arc, Steam is better than Arc. Either this gets fixed or I'll find a different space game to play. I've been "eyeing" Destiny for PS4. I hate 1st person shooter, but it is better than the bs I am experiencing now.
  • Options
    suphoriasuphoria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I complained about ship-upgrade modules being perma-bound when they say things that are bound become unbound. They never fixed it and cut off my support ticket.

I, and 3 others, (at least) are no longer shopping the zen store at all until this gets removed and/or I get reimbursed for their mistake.

They are trying to force people off of steam because they don't want to pay the royalties for your zen purchases. So they **** the customer over instead, because nothing says "brand loyalty" like angry customers who share their feedback with other potential customers.
  • Options
    cynexascynexas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No idea if they still read this but yeah this is very irritating. I've had a fairly consistent zen purchase history and only recently swapped my install to steam thanks to graphic driver crashes caused by the arc launcher. First transaction got the warning but hey, fair enough new to steam wallet and all. Left it a few days and now same thing....There was no warning my purchase would carry further restrictions and as such it's been mis sold.
    Much like others if it doesn't get refunded or unblocked I'll simply stop purchasing..interesting way of doing business.

In-game Account @Handle: Cyndre@Cynexas
    Steam Users: Yes
    When You Received This Notification: 09/01/2015
    Ticket #: 150109-002189
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    solafidor wrote: »
    n-game Account @Handle: Fidor@Solafidor
    Steam Users: (Yes or No) Yes
    When You Received This Notification: about 12:30 am Mountain Time
    Ticket #: (if you have already submitted a support ticket) #141212-002055

I have bought zen on Steam many times and at least once through Arc. I have also been on probation once before.

How long was the probation?
  • Options
    bansheedragonbansheedragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    phaiz551 wrote: »
    I have no idea. Support won't tell me how long it will last. They just said to look on the forums for info and I have yet to find it.
    It can take up to 10 days.
    Information about this is posted here.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1286371
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Its the new "Fraud prevention system" they got.

Did you pay via Steam? In any case you have to wait 10 days for the keys to become unbound. Do not try and buy stuff with them as any lockbox you open whilst "on probation" will be bound to you FOREVER.

You could end up with a Benthan ship that's bound to you forever this way. Just gotta wait until the probation time ends.
  • Options
    ab4r4xusab4r4xus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    WARNING: Due to the recent purchase activity on your account, all items purchased from the Zen Store will be permanently bound to your account and may not be transferred.

I see this every time I'm looking at the ZEN>Dilithium trade screen. It also serves to prevent me from trading ZEN to Dilithium through the Assets menu. I am still able to trade Dilithium to ZEN and I have been able to purchase ZEN with my Steam Wallet.
  • Options
    metallica773metallica773 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

In-game Account @Handle:

~CaptainSmirk

In-game Account @Handle: @metallica773
    Steam Users: (Yes or No): Yes
    When You Received This Notification: After I purchased $30 worth of Zen from Steam 1/29/2015 I believe, or possible 1/28 depending on the time zone.
    Ticket: I have not submitted one yet.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2015

In-game Account @Handle:

~CaptainSmirk

Handle: #ArgentSF
    Steam user: Yes, and I only buy my Zen through either Steam or prepaid ever since of your payment processors demanded more information from me to "verify my identity" to further handle my orders
    When I recieved this notification: About ten minutes prior to this message being posted, after buying $10 of zen for personal-use master keys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm, guess that, since I very rarely buy stuff from the C-store that the next time I do make a purchase, that I will be hit by this...oh well, my purchases are so rare that by the next time I go to purchase, the probation period would have long since ended.
  • Options
    zerotractionzerotraction Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think this might just be the last nail in the coffin guys, I've made multiple zen purchase in the past for nice shiny new ships and now this mess triggers. Even worse, account bound stuff will stay account bound past probation if I use the keys purchased? Yep I'm done. Enjoy the 30$s cryptic its the last you get from me.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Handle: #ArgentSF
    Steam user: Yes, and I only buy my Zen through either Steam or prepaid ever since of your payment processors demanded more information from me to "verify my identity" to further handle my orders
    When I recieved this notification: About ONE minute prior to posting this message, after buying $10 of Zen to shoot for a bug ship

I AM NOT A CRIMINAL!!!~ I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR FOUR YEARS NOW!!!

Also, I am unable to file a ticket in the Support Center, as Chrome is reporting a redirect loop and is terminating the attempt to connect. Some support center.

Further to this, I managed to find the direct e-mail for the billing department, and tried sending in an e-mail....AND YOUR COMPUTERS REJECTED THE MESSAGE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got the warning too. It seems to kick in after some specific dollar amount, around 50 bucks.
    phaiz551 wrote: »

I feel like I just bought a gun and I'm on my 3 day waiting period..

How weird, same day purchase after the background clears in every state I have lived in, granted, that would be the south... this sounds like a north or west sort of infringement?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    noroblad wrote: »
    I got the warning too. It seems to kick in after some specific dollar amount, around 50 bucks.

How weird, same day purchase after the background clears in every state I have lived in, granted, that would be the south... this sounds like a north or west sort of infringement?

no, not really...system kicks in because it's a soccer (football if you must) player, and we're the soccer balls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruger3921ruger3921 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In-game Account @Handle: @ruger392
    When You Received This Notification: 7/3/2015
    Ticket #: Have not submitted a support ticket.
  • Options
    tekkamansabretekkamansabre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In-game Account @Handle: @tekkamansaber
    When You Received This Notification: 8/3/2015
    Ticket #: #150308-000914
    I bought about £87 worth of points through steam, the money was already in my steam wallet as i had placed the amount into my steam wllet earlier today. Upon making the transaction for the points in game my team wallet balance was lowered by the correct amount but i had this probation message occur.
    I admit it seems abit cheeky for this to occur when i can see from my steam wallet balance that the money is taken.
  • Options
    socaltxwa86socaltxwa86 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In-game Account @Handle: @venethus
    When You Received This Notification: 3/25/2015

I bought 3000 Zen ($30 USD) a few days ago and the warning is still on my account.
  • Options
    socaltxwa86socaltxwa86 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I bought 3000 Zen ($30 USD) a few days ago and the warning is still on my account.

*Updated with Support Ticket#*

Ticket #: 150328-001726

• Options
    kotogami2002kotogami2002 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It feels as if the problem is with Valve/Steam on this one.... Thank god I don't use steam myself. I've seen reports of cases where Steam was refunding the money back from PWE/Cryptic and back to the user. Due to this, people getting banned when purchasing Zen using Steam Wallet.

Perhaps a viable temporary solution is to contact Valve and disable the Steam Wallet/Steam Overlay portions of STO in response to this until a more permanent solution is found. A lot of unsatisfied customers will harm future purchases more than removing one means of payment on a temporary basis.
  • Options
    generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this message means that the fraud prevention system has flagged your account for suspicious activity. it is usually just a temporary thing (unless you are actually guilty of fraud). there was a post about the fraud prevention system somewhere.... I forget where... if I happen to come across it again I will post a link

but while your account is flagged, anything you buy with zen will be account bound.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • Options
    sybians02sybians02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bought $100 worth on the 1st of April..........we are now the 8th and I am still having this issue put in a ticket last night........no reply yet.
  • Options
    teddybirdteddybird Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In-game Account - @Teddybird
    Steam Users: Yea, bought via steam wallet - which already bought something and now just not letting me trade dil though alts :(
    When You Received This Notification: 27th April