test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yup! Cryptic even ruined Mirror Invasion Event too. :(

mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
As soon as the station drops down to 0% (which is almost IMPOSSIBLE to prevent), the match ends, you don't get your Multidimensional Transporter thingie, and you can't go back in for another 30 minutes to try again.

Thanks for ruining another fun thing there, Cryptic!
Post edited by mhirtesc on

Comments

• Options
    tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is this advanced or normal? Because if it's normal that's shameful.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tankfox23 wrote: »
    Is this advanced or normal? Because if it's normal that's shameful.

I'm about to try it on normal. I'll update this post as soon as I find out.
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On normal you can't lose. I'm in DPS 30k and I don't mind having to do normal for this. If you preform then advanced is probably achievable but the days of pugging advanced are over.
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unless you are a member of the 30k dps channel :P
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    we (30k) just did advanced no problem, but it's still pointless to do so, you'll get your daily award on normal, but advanced is just a chore.

Already, the dps channels have changed from flooding LF4M MIA to LF4M MIN
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xparr15 wrote: »
    On normal you can't lose. I'm in DPS 30k and I don't mind having to do normal for this. If you preform then advanced is probably achievable but the days of pugging advanced are over.

Well, knowing Cryptic!

The only guaranteed way to get the needed daily in one shot, is to do it on the hardest difficulty. (advanced I am guessing is the highest)

Otherwise, normal probably only gives a chance for 1. (Don't know, because I am not logged in to play yet for awhile)

But, this is mere speculation! :rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You still get rewards on Normal so why would anyone do this on Advanced? I'm not going to
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    oricolawleoricolawle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm always endlessly amused by teabaggers who enjoy the humanism and communism in Star Trek.
    Main character: Lesasea@oricolawle

Leader of Quantum Mechanics

Member of DPS-30000
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Advanced is doa-able, but you need a team with 2 scis who focus entirely on closing rifts. If you don't, the unending stream of mirrors ships will overwhelm you in a few minutes.

In an Advanced where I failed, the team (other than me) didn't close rifts. At failure, there were 39 mirror ships 'on' the station. Ships have significantly higher HP. Even at at 10 extra ships, we didn't have the dps btween them to stop them AND close rifts.

Yay. DPS is the only way to play the game.

But in all honesty - there's no reason to bust your tush. Normal gives the same reward.
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    As soon as the station drops down to 0% (which is almost IMPOSSIBLE to prevent), the match ends, you don't get your Multidimensional Transporter thingie, and you can't go back in for another 30 minutes to try again.

Thanks for ruining another fun thing there, Cryptic!

Permission to 'borrow' your signature? :)
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mirror Invasion is ridiculously easy in normal, and ridiculously difficult in advanced. Somehow, they failed to provide a middle ground.
    In normal, you just have a bunch of frigates wandering about and scared to come close to the station. The whole mission is lvl50, and they have very low hp. Even the battleship. It's like fighting butter ships with a flamethrower.
    In advanced, it's scaled up to 60, and you have your usual DR bullet/phaser sponge, with as low as 150K hp for frigates, and up to 500K hp for cruisers/battleship. And they swarm like a hornet nest. Also, they use some nasty torpedoes spread that just one shot killed my narcine. And since it wasn't enough, you have the new failure condition, but since you can't even get close to the station without dying...

On the bright side, you earn 4 (!) skill point per ship destroyed. Amazing ! When you think this is a revamp from a mission that was created to make xp...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    aoax10 wrote: »
    Permission to 'borrow' your signature? :)

Feel free (and thanks for asking). :D
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Officially done with the Advanced Space queues...

My character is FA, most stuff is upgrade to MK XIV between UR and EP. I know how to play the missions

What else is required to play them? God mode anyone?

The Ground queues seem to be more appealing since its the only thing left in this game that is playable. Lets see how long until that is "fixed" too.

I dont know if you noticed but the space queues are empty since DR launch... The ground missions are still playable on all difficulties, why couldnt you balance space aswell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    edited October 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Mirror Invasion is ridiculously easy in normal

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The Devs may be listening!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Officially done with the Advanced Space queues...

My character is FA, most stuff is upgrade to MK XIV between UR and EP. I know how to play the missions

What else is required to play them? God mode anyone?

The Ground queues seem to be more appealing since its the only thing left in this game that is playable. Lets see how long until that is "fixed" too.

I dont know if you noticed but the space queues are empty since DR launch... The ground missions are still playable on all difficulties, why couldnt you balance space aswell?

You too? If you find god mode let me know. ;)
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Normal is fine for level 50s and easy for level 60s.

Advanced is, as always, too hard for a build that used to ace ISE, KSE, and CSE in the good old times, now just with full Mk XIV gear and TU upgrade.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yes advanced is very silly. you need a very smart team to go wild closing rift. I just did one and closed 14 of the 15 rifts the team closed. There were maybe over 100 mirror ships to destroy the station. Quite a site to see.

Not sure what this obsession with you fail you failure is. It's NOT FUN guys. just quit it. Put things back the way they were for all advanced.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,813 Arc User
    edited October 2014

here too please :)
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay so they nerf the XP and make it so the only choices are 'this is a joke' difficulty and 'is this a joke?!' difficulty. Making reeeeaaalll hard not to join the doomsayers here, Cryptic....
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I wish I can see what the stats will be on the advertising Lifetime Subscription sale with all that's going on. :D
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mirror Invasion is ridiculously easy in normal, and ridiculously difficult in advanced. Somehow, they failed to provide a middle ground.
    In normal, you just have a bunch of frigates wandering about and scared to come close to the station. The whole mission is lvl50, and they have very low hp. Even the battleship. It's like fighting butter ships with a flamethrower.
    In advanced, it's scaled up to 60, and you have your usual DR bullet/phaser sponge, with as low as 150K hp for frigates, and up to 500K hp for cruisers/battleship. And they swarm like a hornet nest. Also, they use some nasty torpedoes spread that just one shot killed my narcine. And since it wasn't enough, you have the new failure condition, but since you can't even get close to the station without dying...

On the bright side, you earn 4 (!) skill point per ship destroyed. Amazing ! When you think this is a revamp from a mission that was created to make xp...

The last line cracked me up so hard because it's so true....
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

may i use it as well? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just ran it on 2 toons, seems like many have forgotten how to do this event.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I just do the normals for these grinds, not really interested in having to redo a daily PvE grind that could possibly fail and force me to redo it again.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to say, i'm actually impressed.

I thought it was impossible for them to make MU worse than they did with the revamp, but I stand wholeheartedly corrected.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    I have to say, i'm actually impressed.

I thought it was impossible for them to make MU worse than they did with the revamp, but I stand wholeheartedly corrected.

You have one of those standing desks?
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ooooookay back to the game. If you like your XP, you can keep your XP.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014

At this point ... just remove XP altogether ... too depressing to watch the XP bar not moving ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you don't use it for Teabaggey purposes of Evil and keep it as-is, sure.

I'd like to use it too, if you don't mind. Almost forgot about that guy. :)

You'll even get a surprise doff for it. :)
This discussion has been closed.