test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phaser Beam Arrays

Comments

• genesisdvsngenesisdvsn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As beam mentioned before "see what i did there" :D, I think they just need to give us the ability in ship customization, to be able to change the beam colour to that of your choosing. Then you could fly around happy with your ap's or whatever you use, and have them in a lore colour if you choose.
    Official Joining Date Feb 2010.
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, it's not like the game engine isn't capable of that, as once upon a time it was possible to change your weapon color.

See:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95792
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=100463
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think weapon customization was made extinct at CBS demands.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I don't think so, it wouldn't make sense. I do think the reason was that players needed to identify the weapon types of other players in PvP. But whichever argument it was, both of them have been nullified by the myriad of hybrid weapons they introduced in the meantime and right now I just think they won't put it back in because... don't care, no time,doesn't monetize, whatever.

I however would even take craftable weapon colours, I'd even sacrifice a mod for a [Blu] or [Orn] colour mod...

EDIT: Official dev response back in the day was that the customization was only possible due to a bug and was unintentional to begin with. Which makes sense, I mean you could even change your ship's explosion colour :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited November 2014
    Wow ... purple explosions. Neat but TRIBBLE. Oh, well.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like the game engine isn't capable of that, as once upon a time it was possible to change your weapon color.

See:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95792
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=100463

The ability to use the /powerhue command was never intentional. It was left over from Champions Online, StormShade classified it as a 'bug' during Early access, the day before the official launch date.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    An update on upgrading SWD: I made the financially painful attempt to upgrade a Mk XIV to UR and failed. Yet, the " possible" outcome says it could have "[???] x5" :eek:.

For the cost of upgrading, I think I will have to be happy with plain ol' VR MkXIV :P

Yes I'm beginning to get annoyed at the cost of "changing the colour" though I did find a few diamonds in the exchange that were already epic console wise. A few of my bigger items eg Warp core changed to Ultra rare with a 5% chance. But I have had a phaser cannon change to Ultra rare at 67% after 5x going through, very dis-heartening and annoying as I would have expected it to cycle through twice after 50%.It would appear that the laws of averages are not followed by Cryptic.
    It is a shame we lose all of its chance to change when the upgrade happens, Cryptic could have allowed 10-15% to remain.
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luckychuckyluckychucky Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey

good news for you

if you are in a fleet then you go to the fleet embassy (shuttle hangar bay)
    there you can buy special fleet science consoles (http://sto.gamepedia.com/Threat-Scaling_Science_Consoles)

one type of them gives all your weapons the plasma DoT proc ... independent of the weapon type
    (i use that one that gives you + Plasma damage, + 35 Flowcapacitors (increases the plasmonic leech effect by at least 5points on all energy levels ) - 67% threat control + 2,5% chance to get the Plasma DoT Proc --- so all my AP Beams have plasmafire that even makes sometimes more damage than the bonus from the directed modulation 3 Trait)

this console is a "must have thing" in my opinion

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... IST MIR ZU SCHWER ... UND ICH WILL NICHT
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    6 elite phaser arrays,14 UR, Heavy bio turret, cutting beam. No tactical consoles. 3 Romulan plasma consoles + PG and particle maniputlator. It won't be a scimitar, but even with an engineer it will smoke the snot out of bad guys while being a + threat + survival beast.

T5U Ambassador
    edited December 2014
    ^ See, I'm thinking an Omni-Beam of relevant type is actually worthy of consideration and investment. I switched out my front Torp for an Omni and perceive better results for it. Although I hate spewing three different colors :(
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I want my orange weapons of doom as well please ;)
    edited December 2014
    ^ I didn't specify: I removed the front torp, moved a BA to the front to put the OB in the rear. It's in my build in my sig :)
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I cant help but be AS CANON AS POSSIBLE. I get the maco space and ground sets and elite fleet ground phasers on my fed, I get the romulan space set and romulan plasma ground weapons on my rom, and disruptor space and ground weapons and the Honor Guard set on my kdf. I like phasers for their disable subsystem ability and their chance to stun a target, plasma Is just awesome, and disruptor is too.
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2015
    I use the elite fleet phasers on my chimera and i love them. CrtDx3 phasers would be superior, but I'm not made of money, and the shield heal proc is nice.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    same character same ship same consoles same traits...same target like a foundry mission against battleships

mk-12 purple weapon set accx3.....critHx3.....criDx3...dmgx3

compare antiproton phaser disruptor plasma ect

Yes it would be expensive but it would prove critD and critH rule the dps

With white mk-10 weapons the same test you could prove what procs actually boost your dps

plasma burn
    disruptor breach
    phaser proc
    shield procs

its beyond my cash to do this but I am surprised someone hasn't done it just to be able to state the facts about what weapons are really the best

personally I have always found phasers to be at the bottom of the list in dps
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Removed. Turned into a new thread.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would argue that instead of making a huge change to the beams already in the game that they make a reputation with Phasers that look like canon phasers and sound like canon phasers that simply have a built in [acc] mod in the place of the unreliable system disable proc. Branch out the beam a bit and create an alternative for those that like the look but who also aren't kidding themselves about game balance.

twofatnuts wrote: »
    Phaser are very powerfull in pvp

In other words, trash for all practical purposes.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »
    I would argue that instead of making a huge change to the beams already in the game that they make a reputation with Phasers that look like canon phasers and sound like canon phasers that simply have a built in [acc] mod in the place of the unreliable system disable proc. Branch out the beam a bit and create an alternative for those that like the look but who also aren't kidding themselves about game balance.

In other words, trash for all practical purposes.

Acc modifiers are pretty useless, given things like BFAW spam and the Intel spec.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Correct, with the possible exception of the fact that Antiproton's "proc" does not have a built-in percentage chance, but instead relies on one of the ship's stats that is very easy to buff and/or hit with temporary boosters.

Correct and to the point. And that is why, all else being equal, AP leads the pack.

It doesn't matter if someone else had a ****ty run using AP. It doesn't matter if it was Tuesday and the Recluse couldn't show up. What does matter is that if you sit down with a piece of paper and a pencil you can do a bit of math and show exactly how much damage output that one AP mod is worth.

Math.

Old, but still relevant. There you can see a weapon without a D mod, and one with.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    Correct and to the point. And that is why, all else being equal, AP leads the pack.

It doesn't matter if someone else had a ****ty run using AP. It doesn't matter if it was Tuesday and the Recluse couldn't show up. What does matter is that if you sit down with a piece of paper and a pencil you can do a bit of math and show exactly how much damage output that one AP mod is worth.

Math.

Old, but still relevant. There you can see a weapon without a D mod, and one with.

People still use paper and pencils to do math? I thought everyone used Excel :)