test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

getting tired off the nerd rage

ktm1ktm1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
EDIT: i am redacting my post because of a change of heart. while i stand by everything i said, and the sky is not so dark as some would have you think, it has been commented on that posts like mine provide fuel to the fire. in retrospect i agree with this, so its now gone.

all i have to say now is.

play the game, have fun, dont be so negative
space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
Post edited by ktm1 on

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    getting tired of nerd rage about nerd rage ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    getting tired of nerd rage about nerd rage ;)

I was tempted to write your exact same response but then figured someone else would do so for me.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meh most game companies are caught in a catch 22.

People want more difficulty, so PWE gives what is wanted, then the people howl and rage about difficulty.

People want more content and don't want to simply blast though it. So PWE makes it more difficult to progress through the levels, people rage.

Sorry kids, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to remember. PWE is here to MAKE MONEY. Not put out the epic awesome star trek game you demand that has every single itty bitty detail to your specifications.

Get over yourselves. never gonna be what you want, deal with what is.

Now bugs, yeah I get that, should be fixed since many are paying for this.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    so a calm, reasoned, politely worded opening post is rage? people. you have a lot to learn about communication skills then lol.

read the post again. just because it is long does not mean it is a rage.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I totally agree!!!! I personally enjoy the difficulty. And its amazing how much my fleet has adapted to the changes and our level of teamwork have been astounding!!! Our fleet is as activie as ever and no one is griping.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Folks are entitled to their opinions, and those opinions are going to vary because different folks like/want different things. No doubt this leaves the door open for you to share your opinions about their opinions, but at least their opinions are feedback on the game while your opinion is just feedback on opinions, and in my most humble opinion...an opinion on opinions, which would include my opinion on your opinion of opinions, doesn't really mean diddlysquat...it doesn't help anybody, but again in my humble opinion, pointing out that your opinion is pointless on the matter of opinions, might free up some of the clutter allowing for Cryptic to peruse actual feedback more easily than having to read through all the complaints about folks expressing their opinions.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Meh most game companies are caught in a catch 22.

People want more difficulty, so PWE gives what is wanted, then the people howl and rage about difficulty.

People want more content and don't want to simply blast though it. So PWE makes it more difficult to progress through the levels, people rage.

Sorry kids, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to remember. PWE is here to MAKE MONEY. Not put out the epic awesome star trek game you demand that has every single itty bitty detail to your specifications.

Get over yourselves. never gonna be what you want, deal with what is.

Now bugs, yeah I get that, should be fixed since many are paying for this.

upin HP does not count for more difficulty just longer battles

ppl would not complain about leveling slow if their was enough content to make every level without having to go and regrind mission 50 time over to make that next level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ktm1 wrote: »
    so a calm, reasoned, politely worded opening post is rage? people. you have a lot to learn about communication skills then lol.

read the post again. just because it is long does not mean it is a rage.

well QQing about nerd rage then take it how ever you want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Folks are entitled to their opinions, and those opinions are going to vary because different folks like/want different things. No doubt this leaves the door open for you to share your opinions about their opinions, but at least their opinions are feedback on the game while your opinion is just feedback on opinions, and in my most humble opinion...an opinion on opinions, which would include my opinion on your opinion of opinions, doesn't really mean diddlysquat...it doesn't help anybody, but again in my humble opinion, pointing out that your opinion is pointless on the matter of opinions, might free up some of the clutter allowing for Cryptic to peruse actual feedback more easily than having to read through all the complaints about folks expressing their opinions.

lol what?

seriously though, i get it. but in a way, my opinion about opinions is also feedback for cryptic, because my opinion about their opinions, shows my opinion that the expansion is just right
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "Vast majority of players wanted greater difficulty."

You mean those 50 people whining for it in the forums?

In the fleet I'm in, around 10 out of 100 people wanted more difficulty.

Majority my *** . Vocal minority wanted harder content. Everybody else did not.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    well QQing about nerd rage then take it how ever you want

thanks for proving my point :D
  • Options
    clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Then don't read the posts on the forums and turn off zone chat in the game. Problem solved.

What he said^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    "Vast majority of players wanted greater difficulty."

You mean those 50 people whining for it in the forums?

In the fleet I'm in, around 10 out of 100 people wanted more difficulty.

Majority my *** . Vocal minority wanted harder content. Everybody else did not.

Guess what, still have lower difficulties. 1 and 2 can still be done with level 50s and mk XII equipment just fine.

Hell did Mk 1 with lvl 11 requipment and did fine. So you can't do the hardest stuff, well train up and get good.

Sorry new elite setting, way elite SHOULD BE DONE.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HAHA, hahahahhahhaha, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH

sorry ahem, your nerd raging about nerd rage, while playing an MMO

Are you really that oblivious as to the contrary nature of what you have done?

I cant put it any more simply than my statement.. nerd raging about nerd rage.. please read this line over and over and over and over again until you get it, thanks.:D
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know how you get tired off nerd rage, but then I'm assuming with your mighty superiority complex and fantastically in depth knowledge of the game you can probably pull off that spelling mistake.

Assuming you get tired of the nerd rage, you do realise that each of your arguments presented are pretty much null and void. First the difficulty level isn't hard. It's BORINGLY TEDIOUS. Having enemies as laser sponges isn't an increase in difficulty, it's an increase in time spent to destroy, in some cases literal hours spent on singular enemies due to zero thought in how to up the ante for the players.

The STF levels are pretty irrelevant. The Hull and Shield HP of most ships in the game is so high that it's made it pointless to try most of the time. It seems Advanced is now beatable by normal ship loadouts, but that still doesn't explain the lack of finesse or skill in only changing the hull values to be large factors higher. If the AI had more weapons at their disposal it might even be more fun too, but meh that would make the AI an exploiter...

Oh btw Mr Patient Guy, the game isn't hard. I completed it on Elite prior to the "fix" for difficulty. It's really boring on Elite though due to the hitpoints which only just got more for Elite. If you can't manage areas on Advanced then I guess it's understandable from a casual gamer, but then you are the exact audience this expansion is aimed at. Those who don't care enough about the games mechanics to notice what a massive failure and break from the previous play it is, as well as prepared to stick around even though you are getting beaten with a stick and told you are a lying cheating exploiter.

Fine you are happy with your lot. A lot of people aren't happy with sub-standard releases and content quality that is well below mediocrity. The voice acting was about the best part as well as some of the atmospheric art. Hell the Vaadwaur ships were a real pleasure to see as they looked very interesting. But the gameplay, story pacing, reliance on patrol missions and many other things listed all over the forum highlight that this easily ranks as one of the worst releases for a STO Expansion...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh look, another 'complaining about the complainers' thread. :rolleyes: Seriously CMs and mods, if you can put stuff that even has some intelligent discussion in it in the FCT, I'm sure this type of threads deserve to be there as well.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thanks for proving my point :D

do you even know what QQing means? crying ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess what, still have lower difficulties. 1 and 2 can still be done with level 50s and mk XII equipment just fine.

Hell did Mk 1 with lvl 11 requipment and did fine. So you can't do the hardest stuff, well train up and get good.

Sorry new elite setting, way elite SHOULD BE DONE.

Its not the new elite that is the problem. It is the too hard advanced setting. It should have remained as hard as the old elite was.

Advanced can't be done with Level 50s and MK XII equipment properly. If you say otherwise, you are a liar.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Forums are for players to tell the game company what's happening in the game. The forum is based on grouping all areas of the game into a place so everyone can share their experiences. OP has his or her opinion, but again what works for him or her might not work for others. Thus the need for the forum. Some might be happy with the game current state as where other might feel it's not what they had expected to be like. See here you have a choice to stay quiet or voice-up!

Have a nice day! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Forums are for players to tell the game company what's happening in the game. The forum is based on grouping all areas of the game into a place so everyone can share their experiences. OP has his or her opinion, but again what works for him or her might not work for others. Thus the need for the forum. He or she might be happy with the game as is where as others might feel the same way. See here you have a choice to stay quiet or voice-up!

Have a nice day! :)

And you tell me how many developers read the forums? Barely any.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    and the trolls come out of the woodwork to bash the person with a different opinion than them. go on. continue to prove my point. i gave a well thought out post with an explanation of my points, and the response i get is the equivalent of monkeys throwing poo. (not all of you, some of you are reasonable, you know who you are lol)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Its not the new elite that is the problem. It is the too hard advanced setting. It should have remained as hard as the old elite was.

Advanced can't be done with Level 50s and MK XII equipment properly. If you say otherwise, you are a liar.

Why not, I did it. Granted went kaboom once, but pulled it off.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So how much does it help when I point out my opinion of your opinion of his opinion? If we keep doing this, it should free up the entire forum, right?

In different circles we keep holding our ground,
    Indifferent circles, we keep spinning round and round and round...

- Rush, "Territories"
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and the trolls come out of the woodwork to bash the person with a different opinion than them. go on. continue to prove my point. i gave a well thought out post with an explanation of my points, and the response i get is the equivalent of monkeys throwing poo. (not all of you, some of you are reasonable, you know who you are lol)

No one doing that! You have the right to your own opinion! Why did you post here then? The forum is open to all members, so anyone can post a reply. But you have posted a touchy subject matter. Your going get a lot more from members here who play this game daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lol what?

seriously though, i get it. but in a way, my opinion about opinions is also feedback for cryptic, because my opinion about their opinions, shows my opinion that the expansion is just right

But you could just offer your opinion on what you feel Cryptic has done right rather than attack the opinion of others that do not feel that something was done right...

Don't get me wrong, I keep seeing all these "has anybody beat" "never again" and a bunch of other threads and I just kind of do an /epicfacepalm...trying to remember the particular mission they're talking about, because nothing like what they're talking about comes to mind in the least.

Which if I were to make that statement in any of those threads turns me into some Elitist...when I'm usually the first to point out how bad at this game I am, that on my best day I'm barely average...but it doesn't matter, because they found something difficult - and well, you know the rest...and I could sit there and argue with them, but what good would that do? What are the odds that Cryptic will pay much attention to another squabble on the forums, eh?

It's like, oh man - what they did to the Crystalline Advanced. When DR first launched with that, I thought it was awesome...I was having a blast with the encounter. But Cryptic went and nerfed it, and it's easier than Normal was before DR launched now...meh. I could attack the complaints that led up to that heinous nerfing...or...I could just share my opinion on how much fun it was before the outrageous nerfing took place. Given what took place recently with some of the rollbacks, Hell - I might even play dirty and point out just how easy it is and what that means for rewards compared to other events. But still, I wouldn't attack others if there's some feedback that I want Cryptic to look at...

...doesn't mean that I don't er - wind up in some of those threads and babbling about various things in the potential hopes of squashing the train of thought in my own way without directly derailing the threads and facing the ire of the mods.

Personally, I've never been a fan of many of the complaints - I'm more of an is it working kind of complainer. Let's get the bugs and so forth sorted out, then folks can fight about whether something is too big, too small, or just right...but again, that's just because crushing bugs is most important to me - others will have different opinions on what matters most, and some may even hate some of the bugs that get reported since those bugs were advantageous to players.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Why not, I did it. Granted went kaboom once, but pulled it off.

not every one that plays this game is all deck out in lockbox gear fleet gear fleet ships and so on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    not every one that plays this game is all deck out in lockbox gear fleet gear fleet ships and so on

Actually wasn't fleet or lockbox gear. T5U Avenger with MKXII purple AP(had to grind a BUTTTON of EC to get it all).

Most of the stuff, just did daily EC grinding to get and went to work. Again, can't do it, I call it Operator Error.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    So how much does it help when I point out my opinion of your opinion of his opinion? If we keep doing this, it should free up the entire forum, right?

It depends on the purpose of sharing your opinion on the matter, no? Do you want the forums to be a place of opinions, discussion back and forth, or just sharing opinions on opinions of opinions and the like?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    No one doing that! You have the right to your own opinion! Why did you post here then? The forum is open to all members, so anyone can post a replay. But you have posted a touchy subject matter. Your going get a lot more from members here who play this game daily.

that comment was more aimed at the insulting ones. the opening post is open for debate and discussion, thats why its there. but theres no need for some people to get rude.
This discussion has been closed.