test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extra Life

agentkovalagentkoval Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
Does anyone else find the timing of this little charity run a little awkward? Cryptic ask players to help out those in need by donating money right at the same time they releases the most expensive and money consuming expansion in their PAY TO WIN model.

Clearly it is better to donate than to pay for game material, however I cant help but feel like Cryptic is acting like a cheesy car salesman who is trying to convince me that he is actually a great guy and trying to put me in the right car....
Post edited by agentkoval on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Its just the timing. Defiance just had an in game event centered around Extra Life this weekend.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ExtraLife Gaming Charity is ongoing and October 25th was the main day scheduled for their largest group promotion across all games and companies who want to donate to a good cause.

Sadly the STO team could not participate that date, so we planned to contribute on 11/01

This thread = wow

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.