test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Much rage?

therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
Hi.

I havent been playing STO since like 8 months or so, but damn when i look at these forums **** seems to have gone downhill bad. lol

Or is it just me? Seems like an aweful lot of rage!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by therealmt on

Comments

• Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My advice is to save your time and money. They robbed a ton of innocent people of their XP they gained since the expat over their own mistakes, thinking they were adjusting do for a small group of exploiters.

Except many of those exploiters still have ALL of their ill gotta gains while people like me who had a whopping 13 spec points from playing normally reduced to 11.

I'm pretty fed up.

I recommend avoiding this game and this company like the plague.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes. What a horrible thing it is to want quality from an entertainment company!

What horrible people we must be for being annoyed that they took away things that we earned. That they refuse to communicate with us about it.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    Hi.

I havent been playing STO since like 8 months or so, but damn when i look at these forums **** seems to have gone downhill bad. lol

Depends on your point of view...

The biggest change with Delta Rising is the new level cap and new T6 ships. A lot of rage is coming from people who have purchased T5 ships and fleet ships in the past because they considered the best ships you can get. Toss in ships purchased with Lobi Crystals and Lockbox ships; but exclude the Mirror Universe ships from lockboxes. People have spent a lot of time grinding and / or spend real money to get those ships.

The new T6 ships and T6 fleet ships makes previous top dog ships "obsolete". They are not really obsolete since that would mean they are of no use in the game at all. I suppose "obsolete" is the "rage word" of choice. Most T5 ships purchased from the C-Store can be upgraded to T5U which brings them close to the level of a T6 ship, but T6 gets a few extra perks, but based on many comments I have read the difference between a T5U and T6 ship is not earth shattering. There is also rage about having to pay 700 Zen for a ship upgrade token (only for upgradeable ships).

I only starting playing STO this year and I have only bought one T5 ship from the C-Store during the 20% sale just prior to the release of Delta Rising. I purchased the T5 B'rel BoP Retrofit knowing that I would also need to purchase a ship upgrade token should I decide to I want to upgrade it.

More rage seems to be coming from the crafting system which is basically the only way to full kit out your ship with epic gear (gold). It used to be where very rare Mk XII gear was the best you can get short of fleet gear. With Delta Rising the Mk level has been increased to XIV and two new quality levels has been introduced as well; ultra rare (two tone violet) and epic. The only way it seems to get these types of gear is to craft them which takes time, effort, luck and lots of resources. Some people use real money to advance crafting as well.

Both the crafting system and the new T6 ships are viewed as money grabbing attempts by Cryptic. If you want the best "stuff" you either need to have the patience to grind for it or use real money for instant gratification.

Personally, I welcome the new T6 ships and the new level 60 cap. Although I have been playing less than a year, the fact that the max level has been 50 for around 3.5 years and that T5 ships were purchased with Zen / Lobi Crystals were considered the best in the same period of time seemed to rather stagnant to me. Then again I have not sunk in a lot of time / money to get the best gear. As for crafting, I am currently just leveling up my crafting skill by doing the daily project rewarding 6k/7k XP for the crafting system. I will probably not start crafting until next year so for now I have a neutral opinion about crafting for now.

There are other things that are causing rage in the game like the new Advanced and Elite queued PvE missions. But attempting to touch upon everything that is causing people to rage will take too much time and will probably require a post with at least a 10,000 word count.
  • Options
    shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think Cryptic/PWE is attempting to 1-up EA in terms of horrible decisions and service. If anything killed this game off for good, it's DR and the ****storm that Cryptic created following.
  • Options
    catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My advice? Give it at least another month before you start playing again. The last 48 hours have been a customer service nightmare with really bad patches and broad-target player account alterations.

Of course, if you have a Mac, you won't be able to log in anway.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    Hi.

Its not just you. This is some of the worst [in all respects] whining I've ever seen in a forum (including this one.)

[Basically its what you get when you have a group of people emotionally invested in the status of Cryptic as villain but given little to actually justify that opinion. Over time things escallate [if at first your attitude doesn't produce results, take it up a notch] until the customary application of the banhammer to an in-game exploit actually recieves a NEGATIVE reaction. Just makes you wish Cryptic could borrow Bungie's whambulance for a while...

The one small comfort though is that because this is entirely self-perpetuat bull**** there is absolutely nothing happening in-game that could cue you into what's frothing here. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    blueharvestblueharvest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More rage from the people that can't even log on to play....more rage from those that can log on but CTD'ing every 5 minutes....and TONS more rage from the Mac users.
  • Options
    shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    More rage from the people that can't even log on to play....more rage from those that can log on but CTD'ing every 5 minutes....and TONS more rage from the Mac users.

Don't forget those that rage from getting their levels revoked even though they went nowhere near Tau Dewa.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pfff...

You should have been here when Atari released STO at 2/5th of the original purchase price... A month after STO went live.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    No its because we like Star Trek. We have loads of fun here.

But lately the fun has been squeezed out of us.

If its no longer fun it either has to change (all the raging) or people leave.

It's that simple

Two things there.

1. An appeal to tradition ("we like Star Trek')
    2. A social call for action via mob force ("it has to change or people leave.")

Even in a post as simple as short and direct as your its not that simple. Do remember the species giving the "feedback" and what we've tended to do with groups over our history (that is perhaps unique for a large mammal, just to give you a bit of a hint.) Don't take whining at face value at you might see there's a bit more to a stated position that the stated facts of it (its almost always more complicated.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The one small comfort though is that because this is entirely self-perpetuat bull**** there is absolutely nothing happening in-game that could cue you into what's frothing here. :P

My fleet is pretty casual. And I can tell you that our fleet chat has become pretty negative since DR launch. And most of these players don't go to the forums, they don't power game, but they want a good experience. From complaints of tedious unfun content, unplayable queues, mind numbing xp grinds just to play the next story mission.

Go play any mission on elite, read zone chat in any of the more social zones, or wait for PvE queues and try to tell us that again.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    My fleet is pretty casual. And I can tell you that our fleet chat has become pretty negative since DR launch. And most of these players don't go to the forums, they don't power game, but they want a good experience. From complaints of tedious unfun content, unplayable queues, mind numbing xp grinds just to play the next story mission.

Go play any mission on elite, read zone chat in any of the more social zones, or wait for PvE queues and try to tell us that again.

Loving the Sig ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    fatman592 wrote: »
    My fleet is pretty casual. And I can tell you that our fleet chat has become pretty negative since DR launch.

Woopie. My is as well and largely hasn't (and the worst I've seen in more open circles is ME railing against team-mates for not getting with the "new" advanced objectives).

There are certainly things people don't like (ex. leveling) but that doesn't make for a consistently negative tone (for within that there are other points of view which reasonable people engage with. No leveling isn't fun but T6 ships and a couple of the new PVE's are. No upgrades aren't cheap but have you see what this Mk XIV wrist lance can do? Patrols? Tedious but the writing? Good. And so on.)

Now of course you could assume that "EVERYTHING IS BAD" (ie. DR sucks) and so corroborate the attitude of the forums (ie. that part of it which can be said to be whining, ie. presenting the state of the game in terms of an emotional appeal on the basis that with sufficient mob force that appeal should be carried out. I'll grant edalgo that mob sociology isn't the only reason why people interact here. Being sociable is only a component of human behavior) but that's not reasonable because it projects a state that can only exist by excluding other points of view. Its characteristically inconsiderate, its illogical (even if you dislike something you should be able to reason how it might be viewed better in other circumstances, and vica versa, and from there argue for an accommodation), and its not worth entertaining even if its coming from a group of your friends (who are just as liable to try to score points for their self-respect by whining as any other group of people.)
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Woopie. My is as well and largely hasn't (and the worst I've seen in more open circles is ME railing against team-mates for not getting with the "new" advanced objectives).

There are certainly things people don't like (ex. leveling) but that doesn't make for a consistently negative tone (for within that there are other points of view which reasonable people engage with. No leveling isn't fun but T6 ships and a couple of the new PVE's are. No upgrades aren't cheap but have you see what this Mk XIV wrist lance can do? Patrols? Tedious but the writing? Good. And so on.)

Now of course you could assume that "EVERYTHING IS BAD" (ie. DR sucks) and so corroborate the attitude of the forums (ie. that part of it which can be said to be whining, ie. presenting the state of the game in terms of an emotional appeal on the basis that with sufficient mob force that appeal should be carried out. I'll grant edalgo that mob sociology isn't the only reason why people interact here. Being sociable is only a component of human behavior) but that's not reasonable because it projects a state that can only exist by excluding other points of view. Its characteristically inconsiderate, its illogical (even if you dislike something you should be able to reason how it might be viewed better in other circumstances, and vica versa, and from there argue for an accommodation), and its not worth entertaining even if its coming from a group of your friends (who are just as liable to try to score points for their self-respect by whining as any other group of people.)

Wow, you read way too much into what I was saying. You claimed there was nothing in game to indicate there were no indications in game that something was amiss. I refuted that single claim. I did not claim that "EVERYTHING IS BAD" based on anecdotal evidence and personal experience.

It's clear you're angry, but it seems you're jumping to conclusions about people. It's cool though, I actually think you're entitled to your opinion and won't insult you by calling you a whiner or telling you what you think.
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My advice is to save your time and money. They robbed a ton of innocent people of their XP they gained since the expat over their own mistakes, thinking they were adjusting do for a small group of exploiters.

Except many of those exploiters still have ALL of their ill gotta gains while people like me who had a whopping 13 spec points from playing normally reduced to 11.

I'm pretty fed up.

I recommend avoiding this game and this company like the plague.

They robbed no one, they corrected THEIR game. You all seem to miss, that WHOLE point, this is their game, not yours or mine. I lost points, big deal. You all want to sit in this forums and cry and whine, blame Trendy, Smirk and want to revolt against management and hang them all from the tree. I say try it, we all will lose completely because of the TOS you all signed, myself included.

To all that THINK they know how to run Cryptic/PWE, how about you shut up put up the cash and BUY them out. You can't please everyone, get real YOU all know this!

I say if you all want to leave, as Tacofangs would say: I'm sorry to see you go. Come back soon if you choose.

Stop sitting here crapping on the community or staging protests. THEY OWE YOU AND ME NOTHING! Ohh but that's right, they OWE us something.... :rolleyes:

Frankly, I'm totally ashamed of all of you for representing me and what this company has presented to us for going on 5 years. If you didn't read the contract, GET THE F*** OUT.

Smirk, Trendy and all the Devs and Volunteer Moderators, I hope you shut every one of these threads down, it's a complete TRIBBLE storm people have to act the way they do in here and I apologize for every one of their actions as a PAYING customer who READ Trendy's memo and READ the TOS and 'I' thank you for recognizing and fixing a bug. I hope you all can still provide the same quality of service after this, without having to ripped apart by those that think you aren't human.

Thank you again.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please keep it civil guys :D

These are real people with real jobs. Im sure they will FIX the issues. Just hate being in their jobs at the moment. Community managers and Devs just following orders from their employers like we do in the real world.

Take it to the the blogs and twittter space for better responses from the main head honchos...where's Dstahl when you need him...ooh yeah he is no longer in charge :D

I'm still hoping the new release notes for tomorrow's patch will address these issues.
    DUwNP.gif