What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we stop raging at trendy?

13»

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok people why are you raging at trendy?

its not trendys fault she is the messenger not the person who sent the message in the first place

dont shoot the messenger shoot the ones who sent the message in the first place aka the dev team and PWE who are responsible for them.

anyways can we just stop attacking trendy for something she did not do and relise she is just a forum mod not a game dev.

anyways thought id just say that im no cryptic fan and am one of their biggest critics and detractors however i think the venting on trendy is wrong.

so with that said i think the blaming trendy posts should just stop and yes ive seen a few just cant remember the threads.

i agree my old friend dont vaporizer the messenger :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    in the words of will wheaton, don't be a ****

"SHUT UP, Wesley!" :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yup. I initially raged at Trendy a bit too. And for that I'm genuinely sorry. I was taken aback by her very blanket (and public) accusation towards those having lost XP, and I didn't expect that from her. But, ultimately, she was no doubt just communicating what she was being told. So yeah, let's not shoot the messenger. Especially one I generally like. :) I reckon she wasn't particularly happy bringing us the message to begin with.

Let's not, in the process of (rightfully) exonerating Trendy, shoot the message either, though. Which really needs to be heard. And this, erm, is really kind of the role of the Community Manager. Sorry. Between one dev hiding behind Q, the other behind Trendy, this is all getting very frustrating.

Yes, the "I was only following orders" mantra has been used alot through history, it still doesn't cut it in the here and now... :o
  • kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree, and I hope Trendy does not think that my comment or any future comments are directed to her. They are directed to Cryptic as a whole and I try my best to make it constructive criticism.
  • bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    You send in the mindless probe, before you bring in the ship.

Your sig is hilarious ty for the morning laugh:D
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Excuse me but what disaster?
    What has happened?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,912 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't rant at anyone who posts directly. I do ask that they pass concerns to the people that have influence.

I realise Taco is not responsible for game mechanics, but he can certainly forward a concern to the person that does.. since that person doesn't take the time to come talk to us. Ditto with Trendy. it's not hard to write an email.. "hey, the players are concerned with X and Y but they seem to like Z a lot"
    sig.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Yes, the "I was only following orders" mantra has been used alot through history, it still doesn't cut it in the here and now... :o

I'm sorry, but Trendy is neither Hitler, nor should she be shot (see above); nor is she some German soldier, blindly following orders. All those comparisons are grossly out of line. She is a Community Manager, in a difficult, and ungrateful, position, who could probably have communicated better (and especially more). But normally Smirk takes the brunt of the anger, and Trendy is there for the fluffy stuff. :) (And I mean that in the kindest way).

Besides, devs no longer have the capacity to speak themselves?! LOL, to use another Taylor Swift reference, SPEAK NOW!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    Excuse me but what disaster?
    What has happened?

- DR came out.
    - People got together to power grind using the match players level (can't go into more detail) in certain patrol missions
    - Players completed their ship specializations and were getting the dilithium rewards from the "extra levels", and hitting the max 60 cap in hours.
    - Cryptic freaked out.
    - Shut down Tau Dewa, said that those patrol missions had bugged xp (which they did). Called the power grinders cheaters.
    - Shut down several other patrol missions with the bugged xp.
    - Released algorithm removing "excessive levels" from people, a lot of whom had not used the "exploit".
    - People log in after the patch to find missing spec points.
    - Rage
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think Trendy deserves bacon smothered in bacon for what she has to go through. Perhaps Worffan can get some from Ba'al.
  • hotsnfluffhotsnfluff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Umm, the "pissing about" IS her f#cking job. She's basically an advertiser. She has NO CONTROL over the issues you listed, none at all, and even if she summarizes and forwards every one of your complaints to her bosses (as far as we know, not in her job description) it means jack ***** if said bosses don't intend to respond or make any changes. She can't just act on her own and make statements from the management and developers that they do not authorize. Her hands are tied.

As I said, she just works here she is NOT in charge. Again, cut the woman some freaking slack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

This is for you,

If she was my community manager i would have fired her already, placating the masses is part of her job and she blows at it.
    百闻不如一见 PWE motto
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hotsnfluff wrote: »
    If she was my community manager i would have fired her already, placating the masses is part of her job and she blows at it.

She was plenty specced in 'Placate' already. Then she woke up, about a day or so ago, finding her bosses had all but nerfed her skill points in it. Word has it, she was being too good at it, aka an obvious 'exploiter.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    She was plenty specced in 'Placate' already. Then she woke up, about a day or so ago, finding her bosses had all but nerfed her skill points in it. Word has it, she was being too good at it, aka an obvious 'exploiter.'

LOL, probably not far from the truth.
    百闻不如一见 PWE motto
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be nice if folks would chill out, a bit.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
    edited October 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Who's the Lead Game Designer.

Nothing gets launched live without his approval.

Probably the same dude that makes the coffee.:D

百闻不如一见
    百闻不如一见 PWE motto
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be nice if folks would chill out, a bit.

It really would.

And I'm adding my voice to the chorus on don't yell at trendy, you can yell TO her about the devs and managers, but not AT her. Please.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hotsnfluff wrote: »
    Probably the same dude that makes the coffee.:D

百闻不如一见

Root cause: He switched them to decaff. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
    edited October 2014
    It really would.

And I'm adding my voice to the chorus on don't yell at trendy, you can yell TO her about the devs and managers, but not AT her. Please.

why yell at anyone, save breath they don't give a hoot anyway, yelling/complaining on forum will not fix anything.
    百闻不如一见 PWE motto
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, this is probably one thread among many that we can point to as being full of venom. As such, I am closing it.

I am not referring to all of you, of course, just the people breaking the rules.

To be clear, it is not the forum rage that I am censuring, but the abusive language some of you are choosing to use to express it. Negative feedback is welcome. Expression of frustration is understandable. Flaming is not allowed, period.

If any of you wonder why the devs keep a low profile on the forums, this would be Exhibit A.

[Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIX [+Mod X2][-Flames][-Rant]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with the Community Manager to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.