Install Arc

Creative Interpretation of "Exploit"

12346»

Comments

• bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We know the following based on Dev actions and statements:

What was definitely NOT exploiting:
    Only tau dewa was locked. Therefore Nothing people were doing in argala or ds9, or various missions was the issue

Actually the DS9 mission was locked at the same time, or very near the same time. Or I was bugged. I checked it right after I found out they locked TD out of curiosity.

Argala I have no idea.
  • desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think Cryptic admins are trained in "Logic Avoidance 101".

Anyone who has been sanctioned by some nonsensical admin at cryptic in response from some player crying about your ship name or character name offending them knows that Cryptic will not even admit which rule they have used to rename your character, because none of them would apply under any rules of logic known to even the Chinese or African Bushmen.

Is this nerf also the reason that I can't complete a Borg Red Alert?
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yes I must work for cryptic, its the only explanation.....I cant possibly be disagreeing because I think your wrong, that would actually make some sense

as for "blanket punishment for lvl 60's" I see a few threads of people who are still 60 and lost 1 or 2 points out of a possible 50, if that

I don't give a TRIBBLE about cryptic i'm, just sick of cheaters making excuses, they knew tau was giving exp WAY above the norm and reported before hand or not still CHOSE to use it, and if they didn't know then they unwittingly still benefited from the exploit. they are not cheaters but the are still not entitled to gain from it either

but if you never used tau dewa since DR launched and you lost points for some reason, THEN and only then do you have a right to complain, and even then I would still blame the exploiters for starting this mess in the first place

Looks like your English comprehension failed. But no matter it was meant partially as a joke and partially as a dig at your pigheaded attitude full of self-righteous bigotry.

If you had your account "managed" because you unwittingly gained some skill points out of something that was NOT an exploit until they suddenly decided it was, you'd be furious and spitting chips at them yourself now. However this isn't the case, instead you post this TRIBBLE here, while unable to comprehend the magnitude of what the Dev's and PWE Management have done.

How about I mention I did have a lot of fun with some people I would never have met in the first truly Multi-player event in STO history in Tau Dewa for just a couple of days. Outside of that time it's mostly fleet chat with a few STF's thrown in for a bit of dil. I wonder what experience you garnered from it...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't give a TRIBBLE about cryptic i'm, just sick of cheaters making excuses, they knew tau was giving exp WAY above the norm and reported before hand or not still CHOSE to use it, and if they didn't know then they unwittingly still benefited from the exploit. they are not cheaters but the are still not entitled to gain from it either

but if you never used tau dewa since DR launched and you lost points for some reason, THEN and only then do you have a right to complain, and even then I would still blame the exploiters for starting this mess in the first place

Pretty much this. Its like that kid everyone knew back in school, who tried cheating on tests and stuff then blamed the teacher when she caught him and gave him a zero. People gaining 10 levels in a day, and it never occurred to them that it wasn't legit after everything else thats been changed? Riiiiiiiiiiight.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    Looks like your English comprehension failed. But no matter it was meant partially as a joke and partially as a dig at your pigheaded attitude full of self-righteous bigotry.

If you had your account "managed" because you unwittingly gained some skill points out of something that was NOT an exploit until they suddenly decided it was, you'd be furious and spitting chips at them yourself now. However this isn't the case, instead you post this TRIBBLE here, while unable to comprehend the magnitude of what the Dev's and PWE Management have done.

How about I mention I did have a lot of fun with some people I would never have met in the first truly Multi-player event in STO history in Tau Dewa for just a couple of days. Outside of that time it's mostly fleet chat with a few STF's thrown in for a bit of dil. I wonder what experience you garnered from it...

you are right about one thing, I took your dig to seriously, my bad

as to what experience I garnered, ppl are idiots for knowingly exploiting the game, while I didn't foresee cryptic retroactively removing the "earned" xp, I saw the whole thing for what it was, AN EXPLOIT. I wanted no part of it and neither did most of the players I knew and continued to play the game the way I wanted

and don't pretend to know what my reaction would be to whatever situation, if I HAD somehow gained xp inadvertently thru this mess i'd let it go and move on. as I've said many times already, players were overpayed exp, it was not earned
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    Actually the DS9 mission was locked at the same time, or very near the same time. Or I was bugged. I checked it right after I found out they locked TD out of curiosity.

Argala I have no idea.

I ran two different missions at ds9 while tau dewa was locked. Shutdown and rapier. Both worked for me. Did you get the "cannot find map" message that tau dewa was generating during the lock?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014

And I don't give a TRIBBLE about you and your one-track mind. Try and wrap what little braincells you have left around the concept that not everyone punished was in Tau Dewa, and not everyone punished was team-leveling.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    funny, I thought the original topic was whether or not there was and exploit, not about who was or wasn't a part of the original infraction

and as I have said already, those who weren't and still lost points are the only ones with the right to complain
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    funny, I thought the original topic was whether or not there was and exploit, not about who was or wasn't a part of the original infraction

and as I have said already, those who weren't and still lost points are the only ones with the right to complain

+1

And some form of apology or explanation would be nice.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This thread is out of control with posts I'd have to moderate (and warnings/probable bans).

So instead, since there is an official discussion thread for the exploit, I'm just going to close this thread.

I get people are mad, however that doesn't mean the rules for this community go out the window.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.