test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

will be mk 13/14 gear for sale ?

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
since mk 13/14 are now normaly droped i think it is time to update store to sell them.
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You're doing it wrong...

If you want cryptic to add something, you need to present a business-case where you explain why and how said addition can be monetized.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong...

If you want cryptic to add something, you need to present a business-case where you explain why and how said addition can be monetized.

No need, they already introduced the upgrade system ! :D

And btw I have not seen a MK XIV drop so far, very few MK XIII. :confused:
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So where does Mk XIII vendor trash drop ? The only place in the game where you actually need it to get it I bet.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    So where does Mk XIII vendor trash drop ? The only place in the game where you actually need it to get it I bet.

Since enemies don't scale above level 50 in the old content, farming Tau Dewa Elite till you're suicidal is probably not the place to go to. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    upgrade system - looks nice onpaper, in reality it is big PITA. So thats why i ask for adding mk 13/14 to stores.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    czertik123 wrote: »
    upgrade system - looks nice onpaper, in reality it is big PITA. So thats why i ask for adding mk 13/14 to stores.

While Cryptic is certainly able to sabotage their whole new upgrade system in that manner, don't get your hopes up. ;)
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic has already stated the Mk XIII and XIV gear will not be dropping or for sale in the foreseeable future.

The goal is to create a market for R&D; and a money sink for players.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    czertik123 wrote: »

I've never seen a MkXII or MkXIV drop yet in any DR mission or Patrol (and I'm on Elite) - and even the actual mission rewards are MkXII [Acc 3] Purple Phaser Beam banks. They will probably NEVER add MxXIV to the Dil or Rep store BECAUSE they want everyone to use the Upgrade system to get a MkXIV item? Why? It's part of their monetization for STO now.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic has already stated the Mk XIII and XIV gear will not be dropping or for sale in the foreseeable future.

Or a way of funneling EC down from the top end of the player base (ie. those most keen on upgrading) to the rest of the population (which has in total volume a greater capacity to harvest the necessary resources for top-end player upgrades) and thereby create a much healthier economy than existed before (because its much more directly rewarding players for their productive capacity than with Doffs, XII consoles, vendor trash, lock box gear, and so on.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mk12 and Mk13 drops randomly in DR... if you dont mind common quality.

pure vendor trash for ec.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

money sink for one player is gold mine for another :) what i realy hate on rad is inability to run bacthes - like you want 100x advanced research pack ? np, just select 100x and with resources wait TRIBBLE mins, and not do task 100x one by one, task which take 15s to coplete, realy fun killer.
    And whole rad system will deserve more user friendlines rework.
    And since exchange mk13/14 are WAY overpriced, rad system PITA, i will not use him. So will wait until mk 13/14 are on sale...and only after it i will buy t6 ship, since t6 with mk12 gear is just waste of money.