test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: Upgrading my embassy console stripped the [Grav] mod from the item

ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I purchased a Console - Science - Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XI [Grav] from my fleet embassy. I never equipped it before upgrading it. IIRC, I used a technology boost to get extra TP. The preview of the possible result showed the [Grav] info. After it had enough TP to up grade to Mk XII I started the cooking process and logged off.

Now when I log in the next morning to claim the console, the "upgraded" version no longer has the [Grav] tag nor the grav stats. It is just a worthless +9.6% Plasma Damage (with Plasma Fire proc) and Threat reduction pile of TRIBBLE.

You need to rectify this problem by replacing that abomination with the appropriate Mk XII [Grav] version of the console. I'll have it sitting in my bank where it can't do any harm to my ship.

Please refer to Bug ID # 2,823,799
Post edited by ironchefbbq on

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Weapons are the same, making a separate bug
    nerf.jpg]
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this has also happened to me

[Console - Science - Hull-Repairing Weapon Signature Amplifier Mk XIV]

tested in space around ESD, defiantly not adding points to grav gens
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • beatbyagirlbeatbyagirl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This bug is still unresolved as of 10/23. Just loading an embassy graviton console in the upgrade window to check the stat change killed the graviton modifier for me.
  • itsrobitsrob Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After upgrading my Fleet Graviton MX XII Graviton Generator Console -Th +Plasma I ended up with the following: [Console - Science - Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XIII]

It no longer shows Graviton Generator in the title or tooltip, nor does it affect the related science skill numbers when equipped. This seems to be more than just a visual bug, the item has lost its stats.

Character Affected : Bill Nye
    Server: Holodeck

Item will be in inventory.

Thank you,
    Robert
  • corvusnixcorvusnix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ooops! Missed the pre-existing thread. Adding my voice here to consolidate.

I purchased: Console - Science - Graviton Generator XII [-Th] [Pla] from the
    Fleet Embassy holding. When I upgraded it, it turned into: Console - Science -
    Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XIV

The console lost its original function. It only retained its secondary
    characteristics. You can see that it changed from a graviton generator to
    a weapon signature nullifier.

I was able to reproduce the issue after buying and upgrading a second Console - Science - Graviton Generator XII [-Th] [Pla].

1. I purchased Console - Science - Graviton Generator XII [-Th] [Pla] from the fleet Embassy Holding

2. I used the upgrade system (applying superior science upgrades) to upgrade it to MkXIII and then to Mk XIV.

3. When I claimed the item from the upgrade project, it had been changed to: Console - Science -
    Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XIV

It completely lost its primary function, retaining only its secondary characteristics.

The character is Corin, flying a Wells Tier 5-U (U.S.S. Novikov). The first console was slotted in science slot #5. The second never left my inventory.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited October 2014
    horrible bug

why should just loading something into the upgrade interface alter it? in any way at all?

this has happened with several of my consoles. so strange.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Sad part is, the whole long names on embassy consoles problem was supposed to get fixed. Never done.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Got to read the results which are mostly by chance (to me by changes). I only upgrade if the values increase to where I like them. Most of the estimated results look poorer. So what you should do is add your MK 11, 12, 13 and then the last box to your right see what it gives you. It seems to be some sort of glitch (bug) or something they didn't calculate into the upgrade process. MODs to the gear seems to get lost in translations and not always get increase allocations. Ultra Very Rare might just cost you 1,076 DIL or could cost you a lot more. Be aware of what your getting into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • virakkaravirakkara Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a same issue.

After upgrading my [Console - Science - Graviton Generator Mk X [-Th] [Pla]] I ended up with the following: [Console - Science - Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XIV]

The item has lost its stat, It no longer shows Graviton Generator in the title or tooltip,
    nor does it affect the related science skill numbers when equipped.

Bug Reproduction step :

1. Purchase [Console - Science - Graviton Generator Mk X [-Th] [Pla]] from the
    Fleet Embassy holding

2. Right click item and use Upgrade menu

3. You can see that it changed from a graviton generator to a weapon signature nullifier.
    The console lost its original function. :(

Character Affected : Ruko
    Server: Holodeck

Item will be in inventory. There are two items, mk x and mk xiv. both bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paladinsmegpaladinsmeg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also have this same issue. Upgraded my Fleet Embassy Graviton Generator -Th +Pla console MK X and now the Grav Generator primary stat is gone.

Character: smeg@paladinsmeg

Hope this gets fixed soon!
  • cyrusaccyrusac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi there!

I really would appreciate, if there will be a fix for this :(

Tested today with my main toon:

Bought a [Console - Science - Graviton Generator MK XII] [-Th]. After upgrading to Mk XIII, its name has changed to [Console - Science - Shield-Repairing Weapon Signature Nullifier MK XII]. So not only the Graviton proc has gone, also the threat-scaling effect is missing.

It seems not only to be a displaying text issue, as there is also no Change on my ships stats either with or without this console.

Regards
    Cyrus

Edit: spelling errors
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Speaking of long names of embassy consoles...

http://s7.postimg.org/6rmzvhcaz/Untitled.png

This console is so special that they haven't decided what they want it to be?

This was supposed to be a Console - Science - Shield Generator Mk XI [-Th] [Pla] before upgrade.

I have a lesser bug - at least the procs are still there, just not in the name.

Character affected: Catalie Portman

(Ticket #2,859,395)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is not to be flippant, but are *any* items currently safe to upgrade? I haven't touched any of my Mk XII stuff yet and I seriously wonder if I should continue to wait on all items.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited November 2014
    Yes. Consoles that are not obtained through a fleet embassy should be fine (from what I've experienced).
    Anything else is fine too, from what I can tell.
    It's just embassy consoles that are borking.
  • guard41guard41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I also had a science console do this. [Console - Science - Graviton Generator Mk XII [-Th] [Pla]] I lost the grav and now its just a plasma damage boosting console!

I also upgraded my Adapted Maco shields from Mk XII to XIII and not a single stat changed. I sent in a ticket about a month ago but haven't heard back yet.

Lyra@guard41
    edited November 2014
    You'd think that if they planned to change embassy consoles, they should have made this news public from the get-go.
    I hope it's a bug otherwise they're going to TRIBBLE off a lot of players with more "stealth patches".

Can we have some official confirmation from a dev that this is a bug?
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Console - Science - Shield Emitter Array Mk XII [HuH] [-Th] [Pla] Is what mine was supposed to be (Unless I screwed that up but that's the gist of what it was) and now it says something about Plasma Generating Device Astrometric's Imaging Scanner.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    edited November 2014
    ^^ Indeed. That was my issue as well.

It was actually two names if you look closely. Like they hadn't decided what to call it and just did some sloppy coding.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The video has been made it just has to render and be uploaded to YouTube. I'm really proud of how it came out and think that many people will like the message it sends.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • jahkejahke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have also had a GravGen Embassy Console lose it's "GravGen" mod.
    Simply adding a +1 here.
    My particular situation: (just in case any of these details may help)
    I started with a GravGen w/the [HuH] and [-Th] @Mk XII
    The console upgraded properly from Mk XII to Mk XIII, although, the name did change. Then, I went to Mk XIV and it went to a Hull Regen Console w/the [-Th] still, but no GravGen mod.
    At the same time, I also was upgrading two identical Particle Generator Embassy Consoles. These consoles were both PartGen w/the [Pla] and [-Th]. They both properly upgraded all the way to Mk XIV, except for the name change business. So in my experience, it was only the GravGen that lost it's primary mod.
    Hope there's some kinda fix somewhere down the line, because hey, we all need a little gravity...
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I've verified the issue with the Embassy Graviton Generator consoles and sent it on to be fixed. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
    edited November 2014
    I've verified the issue with the Embassy Graviton Generator consoles and sent it on to be fixed. Thanks for the reports.

And the issue with the embassy Shield Generators having an unnecessarily huge name post-upgrade? Can you take a look at this as well? It is also somewhat related. Thank you.
  • cyrusaccyrusac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still not on the list of known bugs :confused:
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cyrusac wrote: »
    Still not on the list of known bugs :confused:

No, but acknowledged.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • darkfrontier911darkfrontier911 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Niero) 10/30/2014 02:39 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand your purchase of Graviton Generator console was replaced with Plasma console and we apologize for that. You also have a screen shot to prove it and we appreciate you reporting this to us.

We’ve come to the conclusion that this may be the result of an unreported gameplay bug. Regretfully, we don’t have a resolution for the issue at this time

The best way for us to ensure that this is resolved as quickly as possible is for you to directly submit an in-game bug report with your findings by selecting ‘Bug Report’ from the list of available help options. This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue.

Though the QA team will not directly respond to individual bug reports, all submissions are reviewed, and our developers will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks again for reaching out to us. We hope that you continue to enjoy your adventures!

Regards,
    Niero
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
    Customer By Email 10/29/2014 11:13 PM
    I purchased a Mk XII Graviton Generator console from our Embassy. However, the Console i was issued was something completely different. It gave me some Plasma console. In chat it shows that I was issued a Grav Gen Mk XII, but I sure didn't get it.50k FC Lost8500 Dil Lost
    So, I tried the transaction again, though this time I could only get a Mk XI since I used up the majority of my resources in the first purchase. Again, in chat it shows that I was issued a Mk XI Grav Gen, But again, I was issued the same plasma console again, but just a Mk XI..
    Another 25k FC Lost4500 Dil Lost
    What is going on? I have never had any issues like this before.
    I have provided print screens for both transactions. The first line in chat shows the "System" generated message of what I was issued, But in my Inventory it shows what I was actually issued.
    I opened a bug report in game: #2.851.599 opened 12:32a.m. C.S.T. 10/30/14. But this has never been a bug before the launch of Delta Rising.

I want the consoles that I used my resources to purchase, not the ones the system actually issued me.
    Timely Response is appreciated..Thank YouJeffrey
  • itsrobitsrob Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can I just get my console replaced please? I don't need the upgrade bug fixed right away, I realise that takes time and besides, I won't be doing that again, I learned my lesson. I just want to get the console I should have gotten after spending the dil, mats and time of upgrading. The one I have now is useless broken junk.

Thanks in advance.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This sounds suspiciously like my bug: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1296961&page=2

I'm pretty sure I slotted my now-bugged Elite Warp Core into the upgrade window at least once to see what a Mk 13 would look like...

I will have to check all of my fleet items that I have slotted into the upgrade screen to check out the upgraded stats to see if their bonuses are working.

Good lord I'm pretty sure I slotted at least one of my locator consoles and my embassy console and a couple of my Adv Fleet Phasers... Ooooo that will upset me if my locators aren't all working at 50k fleet cred apiece.

At least they dropped the price of warp cores so I can just buy another instead of waiting for this to be fixed.
  • draconir83draconir83 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello!

Just had this happen to me right now.

Bought a Console - Science - Graviton Generator Mk X [SHH] [-Th] and tried to upgrade it via the crafting to Mk XI and, like many others, it stripped the graviton generator bonus and renamed it completely.

Right now it's become a "Console - Science - Shield-Repairing Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XI". It has kept the threat reduction and shield heal but as mentioned lost the graviton generator bonus. Got two of these now in a broken state!

Thankfully the particle generator equivalent successfully upgraded but the name changed completely.

Raised bug report, ID #2,907,657.

Now the question is do I un-equip them or not?
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    The fix for this should be in this week's build.
    STO QA Team
  • draconir83draconir83 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the update Frost, I hope it's in todays patch!

As westmetals said, what will happen with the broken ones? Any refunds/replacements? Anything would be preferable as right now they are basically junk items.

Cheers.