test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Specializations Not Working

gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just put in 2 points into Commando Tier 1 Tree, under Resilient Power Cells 1 & 2.

Rank 1 states it will reduce my cooldown (CD) of all Secondary Fire Modes by 1 sec or 5%, whichever is less.

Rank 2 states it will reduce my CD by 3 seconds or 15%. whichever is less.

So that is a total of 20% less CD for my split beam.
However in practice there is ZERO reduction in CD from 6 seconds.

I use my spit beam secondary skill and it starts at 6 seconds with no change, where it should say
4 seconds and count down from there.

That is 2 skill points wasted, as I don't know how or if there is a way to undo them.

Reporting as a bug, as it should say 4 seconds instead of 6.
Post edited by gizmox64 on

Comments

• Options
    willywonkle9willywonkle9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    I just put in 2 points into Commando Tier 1 Tree, under Resilient Power Cells 1 & 2.

Rank 1 states it will reduce my cooldown (CD) of all Secondary Fire Modes by 1 sec or 5%, whichever is less.

Rank 2 states it will reduce my CD by 3 seconds or 15%. whichever is less.

So that is a total of 20% less CD for my split beam.
    However in practice there is ZERO reduction in CD from 6 seconds.

I use my spit beam secondary skill and it starts at 6 seconds with no change, where it should say
    4 seconds and count down from there.

That is 2 skill points wasted, as I don't know how or if there is a way to undo them.

Reporting as a bug, as it should say 4 seconds instead of 6.

Having the same problem still with Resilient Power Cells. Submitted a bug report but I ahaven't seen anyone else talking about it. Tested it with multiple weapons, Fleet, Rep, Story drop, and standard.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    We will investigate this.
    Tested it with multiple weapons, Fleet, Rep, Story drop, and standard.

Multiple firing types, or always Split Beam?

One point of clarification: The Rank II version of Resilient Power Cells replaces the Rank I version, they are not additive. This is how all Rank-Up specialization abilities work -- the higher rank replaces the lower, not adds to.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ty for the reply! I meant that I have tested it with A.) Adapted MACO pulsewave, B.) Elite Fleet Phaser Auto-Rifle, and some others. I guessed they weren't additive, but I saw no reduction whatsoever in the secondary fire cooldowns.

Edit: I see your need for clarification after re-reading the OP :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    One more thing -- Please make sure that your Skills are Valid. If they are not, you won't see benefits from Specialization Abilities that you've purchased, as they are also considered invalid.

To check if your skills are valid, go to the Skills Tab ('K' by default) and look for the Respec button in the bottom-right. If it's there, you have to activate it in order to gain any benefits from Skills, Traits or Specializations.

Not sure if that's the reason for this issue being present, but it's one possibility.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Understood, and in my case I can say that I have most assuredly re-skilled after the DR launch reset. In fact have respecced once since that time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have now attempted to reproduce this error using all 3 ranks of the Spec Ability, and several different weapons, and have been completely unable to replicate it.

I believe a the core of the issue here may simply be incorrect assumptions being made.

1) This effect does not alter the raw Cooldown of the secondary firing modes, as doing so would make it always a flat % value, and unable to include the "or X sec" modifier which keeps it useful for quick and slow weapons alike.

This means that the Cooldown listed in your Powers List ("P" by default) will not change.

2) Instead of appearing as a passive Cooldown reduction, this ability attaches itself to the Secondary Fire when it is activated.

This means you can see whether or not its attaching to a Secondary Firing mode by seeing if the tooltip includes the same wording as the Specialization.

3) There is a delay built into the effect that is intended to offset activation times. Without this delay, the Cooldown reduction attempts to apply before the secondary fire is in cooldown, resulting in no change.

This means that your Split Beam will still start at 6sec, but within the next ~1 sec it will quickly jump ahead a short amount of time.

I hope that helps players understand the intended mechanics at play here. If your experience differs from the above, please specify exactly which weapon you are using, and what behavior does not match up.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    3) There is a delay built into the effect that is intended to offset activation times. Without this delay, the Cooldown reduction attempts to apply before the secondary fire is in cooldown, resulting in no change.

This means that your Split Beam will still start at 6sec, but within the next ~1 sec it will quickly jump ahead a short amount of time.

If I'm reading this correctly, it should function in a similar manner to the Flight Deck Officer Doff that reduces CD on all Hangars/Boarding Parties. You launch hangar pets, the CD in your skill tray is the same at first, but then there is an observable "Jump" forward in the CD timer.

After doing some further testing upon arriving home I find that I was inaccurate in reporting some weapons to be non-functional, my apologies for that. When I say observed I mean that I have been in a battlezone, fired my secondary, and then clocked actual CD with a stopwatch. However, I am still not observing any CD reduction on the following weapons:

Adapted MACO Phaser Pulswave Rifle Mk XII
    Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Disruptor Rifle Mk XII
    Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Phaser Rifle Mk XII
    Are these or any non melee weapons specifically not affected by the Spec?

Edit: I am currently at lvl 2 of Resilient Power Cells
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey Borticus, was just wondering if y'all had any luck reproducing the problem with the three weapons I had listed above.

Or if they were somehow excluded from being affected by the spec?

I know you've got alot going on and this is pretty small, but alot of fleet members are experiencing the same problem with the Adapted MACO Pulsewave Rifle Mk XII.

Any further feedback would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Adapted MACO Phaser Pulswave Rifle Mk XII
    Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Disruptor Rifle Mk XII
    Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Phaser Rifle Mk XII

Issue Verified with these weapons. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ty Crypticfrost! I'll try to be more accurate with any future reporting!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey just wondering if there was any news about a fix on these weapons? I've been watching the patch notes and known issues and haven't seen any mention of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Checked the most recent patch notes, still nothing about a fix or even a mention in the Known Issues section.

It would be appreciated if it was at least noted in the known issues section, even if it takes some time to get a fix.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Still no word on a fix for this.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Another patch goes by without even acknowledgement in the Known Issues.

Secondary fire on all three weapons is still non-functional with RPC.
  • Options
    khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bumping this up, is there going to be a fix anytime soon? It really sucks that I've basically wasted these points without having them work on the primary weapons I use. Its been months since this issue was verified here and it has yet to be addressed or acknowledged.