test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vesta aux cannons can't be mounted on T5-U version

ashtarprimeashtarprime Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
They say they can only be mounted on the MMSurveillance/Strategic/Reconnaissance Explorer.

(The vesta-specific consoles also include the T5-U versions in their description, and are fine).

This happens on the ground, in sector space, and outside ESD.

/ETA: yeah, the normal/reclaimable aux cannons work fine. Its just the upgraded mk 13s (for me). And thanks for fixing the previous bug!
Post edited by ashtarprime on

Comments

• commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have Mk XII vesta cannons that I have applied upgrade points to, and those are not equippable either. The base vesta cannons list "Any Vesta variant" as a req, but once they've been entered in the upgrade system, they specify the 3 base classes as req (not T-5U)
  • chemist6lpchemist6lp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Similar problem here.

Aux Cannons can't be mounted on any of my Vestas. Not only Mk XIII's though, the same problem happens with SOME of my reserve Mk XII as well.

The only Aux Cannons I am able to mount are those that say that "Any Vesta Variant" can equip them.
    Science for the win. / Czechoslovak Fleet 1st Division
  • ashtarprimeashtarprime Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have Mk XII vesta cannons that I have applied upgrade points to, and those are not equippable either. The base vesta cannons list "Any Vesta variant" as a req, but once they've been entered in the upgrade system, they specify the 3 base classes as req (not T-5U)
    Ah, thanks commodoreobvious. Yeah, that seems to be it.
  • blingdenstonblingdenston Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am unable to confirm the status of my upgraded Aux Cannons, as they've disappeared after upgrading to T5-U. I can confirm that I was able to claim new cannons from reclaimed Vesta, Aventine, and Rademaker ships, and that they do say 'Any Vesta Variant'.
    edited October 2014
    I am unable to confirm the status of my upgraded Aux Cannons, as they've disappeared after upgrading to T5-U. I can confirm that I was able to claim new cannons from reclaimed Vesta, Aventine, and Rademaker ships, and that they do say 'Any Vesta Variant'.
    Did you check the overflow bag?
    edited October 2014
    I checked the Overflow Bag, I checked my other ships, I checked my Bank, Account Bank, and even Fleet Bank, I checked my R&D bag, I checked my POCKETS...that stuff is gone.
    edited October 2014
    I checked the Overflow Bag, I checked my other ships, I checked my Bank, Account Bank, and even Fleet Bank, I checked my R&D bag, I checked my POCKETS...that stuff is gone.

Yikes, that is no good :(.
  • fltcaptcrandallfltcaptcrandall Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The patch today allowed my already slotted MK 13 aux cannons to work again on my t5-u vesta. However, I can only slot them via my previously saved loadout. If I remove them into inventory, and attempt to reslot, I get a "invalid ship class" message or something like that. I've also experienced that when I switch into the vesta from another ship, the slot where the cannons were is blank and have to reload the loadout. Prior to reload, they are not in inventory, so I'm not sure where they are hiding. So a few more bugs on the aux cannons to work out I'm afraid, seeming related to t5-u ships and mk 13 versions in various combos.
    edited October 2014
    Well, wherever they are, I hope they come home soon...I miss them and I'm worried about whether they wore clean underwear this morning.
    edited October 2014
    wow, somehow that got fixed. The upgraded aux cannons are now mountable! :)
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, but mine are still gone...and all I'm getting from Customer Support is a direction to the patch notes, which tell me something I already know: I can get basic cannons from reclaiming another ship. I spent all of my Superior Cannon upgrades, and a significant amount of Dilithium on these cannons, and right now it looks like I'm just out on them.
    edited October 2014
    :(. That sucks. I hope it somehow works out for you.