test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Difficulty Feedback (was "Terrible Elite Mode")

ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
From the Public Elite Channel, Got into a team for a STF today and i can summarize the concenssus of what we think of "Elite mode" including my own.

[11:48] Mueppe@x: whats going on??????????????
[11:49] Nelson@x: Everything got buffed, like 10x.
[11:49] D'raysan@x: yep
[11:49] Mueppe@x: unkillable
[11:49] Seren Talla@x: This is ****ing stupid
[11:49] Mueppe@x: ?????????
[11:49] Vorel@x: bug
[11:49] D'raysan@x: this is ****ing lame
[11:50] Seren Talla@x: Whoever thought this difficulty up needs to be shot
[11:51] D'raysan@x: i guess we can leave
[11:51] Nelson@x: Yup. I won't be running this again till they change it, or I can upgrade all my gear. This is just straight up no fun.
[11:51] Seren Talla@x: Upgrade you gear? T20 gold wont do **** to this
[11:51] Mueppe@x: :D
[11:51] D'raysan@x: wonder how ground looks like

Mind you 3 birds of prey at the start of the Cure Space, Could not be killed by 4 High DPS ships. [15-18k average] and The new lockbox ship which im not sure of its general average. [the one you pay for for lobi now.] Infact, these 3 basic birds of prey where invincible.

Lets not get into how a single sphere was 1 shotting people in the spawn. As they reloaded.
Post edited by ciranfera on

Comments

• strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    <<chuckles>>

I'm starting to think pve got jacked up all over. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um. They did warn you not to try elite until you actually hit 60 and that it would be quite hard...
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay reading fail. Old elite is now advanced, new elite is balanced for level 60 characters with mark 14 gear and specialization powers and full sets of ship traits. I don't think you have that yet.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um. They did warn you not to try elite until you actually hit 60 and that it would be quite hard...

Indeed. No nerfs please.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought you couldn't even queue for Elite till you were 60? When I glanced at my window earlier today, all I saw was Normal and Advanced, and Advanced is supposed to be the old Elite.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Elite Mode is set to Level 60. The Advanced mode is what most would consider the old Elite to be. If you want a slightly tougher challenge before reaching Level 60 then play the content on Advanced.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would you have been supposed to play the former STF Elites in a lvl 40 ship with mk X weaponry? No, of course not. Are you supposed to succeed in the new Elite difficulty with a lvl 50 ship and mk xii weaponry. OF COURSE NOT. Some people :rolleyes:
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    It's my understanding that the new Advanced is a slightly buffed old Elite, so it is a bit tougher.

from what I'm hearing, it's more than slightly buffed
    edited October 2014
    It's my understanding that the new Advanced is a slightly buffed old Elite, so it is a bit tougher.
    Yeah. That is what I meant to imply when I said "slightly tougher" - as in slightly tougher then past Elites. I did not communicate that well.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    I warned everyone.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If I were to quantify that slightly I would say 10 times harder minimum.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19882871#post19882871
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited October 2014
    I warned everyone.

that people would fail to read the notes from the developers and demand a nerf?

yep
    edited October 2014
    I warned everyone.
    I am uncertain what needed to be warned. There has been more then enough information over the last couple of months for people to know that the new Elite was level 60 and that you cannot do it at level 50. It has been in Podcasts and many other places that elite will now be tue elite and require good gear and well experienced players.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Uhhhh...well beyond 'slightly'.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Did you actually read the op post?

How the hell can be a group of 3 bird of preys invincible not matter what level are you?? and i dont care that those bops are level 60.. it just doesnt make any sense. So, basically you saying that once you reach level 60, you can kill em. You realize that you need more than being level 60, right?.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok i knew that a beefing of STFs was coming but this is crazy! ran a 5-man fleet ISA we got to the tac cube with 1:12 left and hadnt even scratched the gateway and the tac cube popped BFAW and wiped our whole team! WTF! i could see this in Elite but Advanced? OMG! I go on to note we had 3 scimitars a Scryer and a Palisade. This may wanna be rethought cryptic.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

edited October 2014
    semalda226 wrote: »
    Ok i knew that a beefing of STFs was coming but this is crazy! ran a 5-man fleet ISA we got to the tac cube with 1:12 left and hadnt even scratched the gateway and the tac cube popped BFAW and wiped our whole team! WTF! i could see this in Elite but Advanced? OMG! I go on to note we had 3 scimitars a Scryer and a Palisade. This may wanna be rethought cryptic.

as mentioned in other threads, people are saying that advanced was beefed up too much.

people are even failing fleet alert.
    edited October 2014

How the hell can be a group of 3 bird of preys invincible not matter what level are you?? and i dont care that those bops are level 60.. it just doesnt make any sense. So, basically you saying that once you reach level 60, you can kill em. You realize that you need more than being level 60, right?.

We're talking about advanced anyways which scales your ship up to level.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic: Now let's see you T1 this ESTF, Beeotches
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited October 2014
    Has no one been paying attention for the last couple of months?
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

nope...judging by the amount of threads that popped up today
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uhhhh...well beyond 'slightly'.

Sounds like they overdid it then (can't be sure till I can log on and actually play later). Difficulties should be

Normal: Wheeeeeeeee what does this button do?
    Advanced: Puggable so long as everyone knows what they're doing
    Elite: Coordinated team of lockbox ships and top end gear tuned specifically to that mission so you can go brag afterwards.

If Advanced is messing up people with ships over 8k or so, then Cryptic overdid it. Leave Elite to the epeen DPSers, but there needs to be a middle ground.
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

OP said "advanced". it's um... a bit more beefed than we thought it'd be.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014

They are not invincible, they are just balanced around having captain specializations, level 60 stats ranked up ships with all 4 traits active and mark 14 gear. At best people have one of those things today.

Its like trying to do old elite in tier 3 ships with a level 30 captain with no traits and no skill points spent. Doesn't mean it is impossible, it just means you're missing the tools you need and will get soon enough. Having just mark 12 gear wouldn't make it any better.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cure space normal seems about the same as CSE was.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    edited October 2014
    Sounds like they overdid it then (can't be sure till I can log on and actually play later). Difficulties should be

Normal: Wheeeeeeeee what does this button do?
    Advanced: Puggable so long as everyone knows what they're doing
    Elite: Coordinated team of lockbox ships and top end gear tuned specifically to that mission so you can go brag afterwards.

If Advanced is messing up people with ships over 8k or so, then Cryptic overdid it. Leave Elite to the epeen DPSers, but there needs to be a middle ground.

bingo, that's probably the best statement regarding this
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Excellent, old elites were easy mode in greens and fresh 50. Love a real challenge.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Actually cryptic failed to communicate with the playerbase exactly how DR will change. Trendy and Smirk provided superficial data to feed oooooooooooh shinies trolls.

Sarcasmdetector used real numbers and computed the kind of performance is required to complete the new advanced/elite queues. Although that thread of his made me hate cryptic a little bit more.
    Odd, as I can point you to two Podcasts where it was specifically stated that to do an Elite queue in DR will necessitate players having the new high-end gear and at least T5U ships.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    Excellent, old elites were easy mode in greens and fresh 50. Love a real challenge.
    That's not a challenge. That's just opening the wallet and grinding (or opening the wallet part II) to have the best stuff.
    In a few weeks, or months, when some people will have upgraded gear and T6 ships, I'm pretty sure they'll do elite like we did ISE in the past. It's not skill related. It never was, just look at the scimitard doing well over 30K dps by any monkeys able to set up a macro and smash spacebar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Unless they buffed it again before launch, 10 times harder seems on the high end.

On time it's about 10 times longer to complete. The tac cube is also 10 times more durable I would say. Overall it's hard to quantify.

For me I see these now more like a "raid" to do once in a while rather than a cash cow, and I wonder if that's the intent?