test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DR Graphics Errors

jamie2fingersjamie2fingers Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Not had long to look but got these errors upon loading DR:

Squashed Buff logo's and screen frame within screen frame. Pictures will make sense.

Windows 7, 16:9 ratio, etc etc

Edit: Thought I could attach pics!

When in dialog, the frame of the dialog appears again but smaller over the image &

All of my key bind logos are squashed on the horizontal axis.
Jamie
Main STO Federation Character: jamie@jamie2fingers83 Sigma Task Group
KDF Character: Sk'aro@jamie2fingers83 Warriors of Sigma
Post edited by jamie2fingers on

Comments

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Not had long to look but got these errors upon loading DR:

Squashed Buff logo's and screen frame within screen frame. Pictures will make sense.

Windows 7, 16:9 ratio, etc etc

Edit: Thought I could attach pics!

When in dialog, the frame of the dialog appears again but smaller over the image &

All of my key bind logos are squashed on the horizontal axis.

What graphics card are you running?
    STO QA Team
  • ufp74656ufp74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having same issues aswell (Mine is a Intel HD graphics card), usually runs smoothly until DR patch.
    edited October 2014
    Same for me Frost Intel on my laptop was just fine until DR launch
  • matok1971matok1971 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello I am also having the same problem.

I have the following info on my computer ---

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64-bit OS
    8 GB RAM
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Card
    1920 x 1080 Resolution (Using a 23" Monitor)

I had no problems with STO until DR went live.

(Edit 16 Oct 2014)

Here are 3 screenshots of my graphics problems

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2
    Screenshot 3

Please note the Yellow Arrows. I made sure that all my drivers were current and up-to-date. Again I did not have this problem until DR went live.
    Membership Details

Free to play - March 2013
    Monthly Subscription - July 2013
    Lifetime Member - Oct 2014
  • ufp74656ufp74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here is one of the issues I am having this is rather annoying cuz you cant see Tuvoks face. :)http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b597/LyssaNYC/test/Dialogtextureissue_zps73cab40c.png

Note: I purposely removed the dialogue words as to avoid spoilers.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm experiencing the same what the OP describes here - the icons in my inventory and power tray seem squeezed on a horizontal axis and also my shield redistribution UI in space seems completely messed up. The shield thing is really troublesome, especially on ships where I need to manually redistribute shields.
    Here are a couple of screenshots:

Screenshot #1
    Screenshot #2

It also happens on loading screens - the background seems ok, but the screenshot suposed to be in it appears to be 3/4 in size.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited October 2014
    edited October 2014
    all of these post's need to be merged with the others
    edited October 2014
    Additionally, I just found out that this has also messed up the Doff UI in a similar way. Here's the screenshot:

Screenshot #3
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Frost said it may be your graphics card but this is not a graphics card issue it is a Cryptic bug issue
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Frost said it may be your graphics card but this is not a graphics card issue it is a Cryptic bug issue

The same graphic card ran the game just fine 30 minutes before the expansion patch. Regardless to what it's related, it's the patch that has brought up this issue - therefore I'm sure they can find a way to fix this, since it worked just fine before the patch.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I made the same point as well mine was just fine until the patch
  • brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited October 2014
    I posted about this issue in the wrong section of the forum. Here is the link, but since there are other threads this one can be deleted or merged.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19887491#post19887491
    edited October 2014
    UPDATE!!! All of you guys that have the same issue as me, check this out:

Okay, after playing around with the settings for I while, I noticed something I've missed before - in options, under display, then "video card" seemed to have returned to some previous setting from some time ago. Once I changed it to the setting it's suposed to be and restarted STO, the graphic "squeezing" was gone and the game looks just like it did before. Try this out, it may help some of you as well.

Crypticfrost, sorry if we have alarmed and bothered you with a minor nothing and if this in fact was all it was to it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited October 2014
    edited October 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    whst did you change in your settings

Options>Display>Video Card

It was set to: Direct 3d 9
    Switched it back to : Direct 3d 11

Restarted STO after that. Fixed the issue for me.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited October 2014
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I just tried that and now my game is completely broken.

I had the squished icons issue, and after checking this thread I saw shpoks' idea and tried it, loaded up the game fine with the squashed icons, went in to settings and changed my video card to 3d 11, closed the game, restarted and got stuck on the delta rising loading screen. I thought it might just be a one time thing, so I closed it and tried again, twice more I got stuck on that loading screen. So not only is my game now completely unplayable, but I can't even put it back to the only partly broken way it was before.
  • shinkojiro00shinkojiro00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I too am having graphical errors since the launch of delta rising, and my game has been crashing since then too. My video card is also stopping responding completely, freezing the screen and then entering black screen.

I have a R9-290X card. I switched to Dx 9 from dx 11 mode to see if that would help and so far no graphical errors, tho I got a pixel shader error once the I entered onto my character.
  • shinkojiro00shinkojiro00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just an update. After switching to DX9, the game has indeed stopped crashing and having graphical errors. Will update after extended play tomorrow and switch back to DX11 and test.
  • luciuspaislyluciuspaisly Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just thinking - if such a thing isn't available already - but is there any way to do a graphics/display (re)calibration like when you run the game for the first time? I've played with my settings to overcome display problems to no avail and with no memory of my settings from before the new expansion, I think this would help me (and others sharing similar difficulties) greatly.
  • zing1617zing1617 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having the same exact problem too. Please fix soon, PWE!

Zing
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very much "DITTO!" So many things squashed or outside of windows/graphics in wrong places, I don't know where to start.

HP Media II Gaming Laptop
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64-bit OS
    8 GB RAM
    Intel(R) HD (1080p) Graphics Card
    1926 x 1080 Resolution
    23" Screen

NOT an issue with the graphics card; no problems until Delta Rising...and since I am clearly not alone in this one, I won't except the "it's your system, not ours" speech this time. :rolleyes:
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
    edited October 2014
    UPDATE!!!

Ok, so as I said previously - I changed the settings under Options>Display>Video Card

To: Direct 3D 11

That fixed the horizontal "squeezing" graphical issues and I was able to play the game without any issues yesterday. However today I experienced severe and regular crashes to desktop after about 5-10 minutes of gameplay.
    After a while, I reverted the settings to Direct 3D 9 and now the game doesn't crash and it's playable, albeit with the fubar graphics shown here in my previous posts:
    shpoks wrote: »
    shpoks wrote: »

This particular bug seems to be an issue between the new update and Intel graphics cards, or with the drivers at least. Hope this helps the devs. to determine the source of the problem.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • schposchpo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll try to help with my findings. As all players on this thread I too have an Intel graphics card, mine is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. It's a weaker graphic unit, so when i switched from d9 do d11 the game couldn't start, stopped at the DR loading screen for few minutes, crashed and i got the error under number 35340467. If some one tried to switch from d9 to d11 and now can't start the game, try starting it in safe mode, that's the way i managed to switch back to d9 ,and i'm capable to "play" with the starting bug.
  • opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    schpo wrote: »
    I'll try to help with my findings. As all players on this thread I too have an Intel graphics card, mine is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. It's a weaker graphic unit, so when i switched from d9 do d11 the game couldn't start, stopped at the DR loading screen for few minutes, crashed and i got the error under number 35340467. If some one tried to switch from d9 to d11 and now can't start the game, try starting it in safe mode, that's the way i managed to switch back to d9 ,and i'm capable to "play" with the starting bug.

I just tested on my laptop. It has Intel HD graphics. I was getting black flashing with DX 11.
    Something is definitely screwed up with the way this game is handling Intel graphics.
  • luciuspaislyluciuspaisly Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    I just tested on my laptop. It has Intel HD graphics. I was getting black flashing with DX 11.
    Something is definitely screwed up with the way this game is handling Intel graphics.

Since my current machine doesn't even have DX11 (I do have DX9, as well as DX9ex for some reason), so I'm agreeing with you.
    edited October 2014
    Well, Cryptic, I can confirm that this is still happening after today's patch so whatever you did in order to fix the graphics has not solved this problem yet.

Just as before today's patch, I can play the game with broken graphics and the horizontal "sqeeezing" when under 'video card' i set Direct 3D 9. Once I changed them to Direct 3d 11 after the patch, the graphics look fine - just as they were before Delta Rising, but I can get 5 minutes in game at most before it crashes.

While I'm lucky to get in game and play even with fubar graphics, I hope you'll find a fix for this soon, cause fighting on the new difficulties without being able to clearly see my shields and distribute is not much fun. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi,

Just to link to another post about this (in graphical and sound issues).
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19950771#post19950771

Haven't logged on since patch, but I'm not on an intel HD chipset. Just an older Radeon X1600XT card. No DX11, so I haven't seen that option in my settings.

Maybe a drawing issue between DX9 and DX11?

Cheers!