test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dev Blogs

boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
Will there be any new dev blogs today? Perhaps on the new lockbox... Or the next intel briefing. Or will they be on Monday?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will there be any new dev blogs today? Perhaps on the new lockbox... Or the next intel briefing. Or will they be on Monday?

nothing today, the usual 8pm deadline has just passed, so theres nothing today. sunday there is typically nothing from cryptic, so probably monday, final points of interest in the last blog before the launch day.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I assume there will be some dev-blogs released post DR Release...

I doubt there will be any before release... IF there is one, it will be without meaning... empty so to speak.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks I will keep that in mind. Thank you both for responding. LLAP. @boogieman624
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I assume there will be some dev-blogs released post DR Release...

I doubt there will be any before release... IF there is one, it will be without meaning... empty so to speak.

they will have to release that zen ship upgrade token by monday or on launch day at the latest.

im just wondering if they leave it until release day, release the information of the upgrade token costs and its final, no change in it and they suckerpunch the community with something like a 1k or 1.5k per ship per account upgrade right there and then. then you got askray coming along instantly updating his fct to prevent mass complaints.

its not out the realm of possibilities. will see what comes...
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    im just wondering if they leave it until release day, release the information of the upgrade token costs and its final, no change in it and they suckerpunch the community with something like a 1k or 1.5k per ship per account upgrade right there and then. then you got askray coming along instantly updating his fct to prevent mass complaints.
    Thanks to the Livestream yesterday we now know that some ships will cost 500 Zen to Upgrade and some will cost 1,000 Zen. So nothing has really changed since their original Blog.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Probably some blogs for the extended downtime, eh?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    they will have to release that zen ship upgrade token by monday or on launch day at the latest.

its not out the realm of possibilities. will see what comes...

I actually Agree with you... They SHOULD release that dev-blog ASAP...

BUT: look at season 9.5 Dev-Blog releases... I don't think this is going to be much different.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Thanks to the Livestream yesterday we now know that some ships will cost 500 Zen to Upgrade and some will cost 1,000 Zen. So nothing has really changed since their original Blog.

i want that written down in stone before i believe it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i want that written down in stone before i believe it.
    All that negativity and mistrust will take 5 years off your life expectancy. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well, depends on how one read it - if they read it as if the price was going to set somewhere between or that there would be varying prices. But it would definitely be something where a blog detailing the pricing would probably be helpful...and something not to hold off until maintenance, lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, depends on how one read it - if they read it as if the price was going to set somewhere between or that there would be varying prices. But it would definitely be something where a blog detailing the pricing would probably be helpful...and something not to hold off until maintenance, lol.
    I guess from my standpoint I do not really see the issue here. Whether we get the announced price today or Tuesday we still know it is going to cost us something. They are not going to go live on Tuesday and everyone gets free Upgrade Tokens. So whether we know it costs us 500 Zen or 1,000 Zen is not going to make any difference. We are either going to be willing to pay to Upgrade or not.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic usually releases the new lockbox dev blogs over a couple of days.
    1- is a general lockbox one
    2- is a more precise one with ship stats

Also, they never had a dev blog on when they plan on making enough t6 kdf and romulan ships to compete with the Feds, but maybe that will come after Dr.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    All that negativity and mistrust will take 5 years off your life expectancy. :)

im a realist, if it isnt noted down, the team could claim that it was a slip of the tongue and with the previous mess ups on livesteam the past few weeks, you may actually just believe that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    im a realist, if it isnt noted down, the team could claim that it was a slip of the tongue and with the previous mess ups on livesteam the past few weeks, you may actually just believe that.
    Every pessimist I have ever know called himself a realist. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

hahaha, i knew that was coming! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Well... I think that every Optimist I've ever met called every realist a pessimist.

In the end... Neither is able to distinguish one from the other.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

And what if you believe what cryptic says when it isn't noted down. And cryptic does change their mind.
    What would happen to you? Do visions of your parents telling you about tooth fairies and Santa's come to the forfront?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wanna hear them announce the new Vaadwaur lockbox. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    Cryptic usually releases the new lockbox dev blogs over a couple of days.
    1- is a general lockbox one
    2- is a more precise one with ship stats

Also, they never had a dev blog on when they plan on making enough t6 kdf and romulan ships to compete with the Feds, but maybe that will come after Dr.

The Dr. usually comes before the Baby (Detla Rising) is born, not after.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And what if you believe what cryptic says when it isn't noted down. And cryptic does change their mind.
    What would happen to you? Do visions of your parents telling you about tooth fairies and Santa's come to the forfront?

you let me know when your finished trolling, when you get to a point, make it. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I wanna hear them announce the new Vaadwaur lockbox. :)

i thought it was kazon lb. but if the kazon frigate is coming to q's christmas presents... in exchange for the vaadwaur lb.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    According to the operations report we have one remaining delta species ( vaadwaur ), an the lockbox will probably contain delta rising alien allied ships, so more than likely they will release info on/after the 14th, just wish we had more info last week ( was looking forward to reading some blogs ).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    you let me know when your finished trolling, when you get to a point, make it. :P

I never troll. But I really would like to know what happens to people when someone tells them of a plan and it doesn't come to fruition.
    Something magical?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I never troll. But I really would like to know what happens to people when someone tells them of a plan and it doesn't come to fruition.
    Something magical?

guess this is going nowhere then. fine by me.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I believe that a new lockbox's dev blog traditionally comes out the day before its content update.

I'm predicting Monday.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I believe that a new lockbox's dev blog traditionally comes out the day before its content update.

I'm predicting Monday.

With the key sale...I've begun to wonder if the box won't be until after that ends rather than with the launch.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    With the key sale...I've begun to wonder if the box won't be until after that ends rather than with the launch.
    Which is basically what I said the other day. I am really not expecting to see the new Lockbox on Tuesday.

Unlike LoR, which came all at once, the Delta Rising Expansion is going to roll-out in segments between now and the end of the year. So we will see some of it in October, more in November, and more in December - which will then take us into the Winter Event.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess from my standpoint I do not really see the issue here. Whether we get the announced price today or Tuesday we still know it is going to cost us something. They are not going to go live on Tuesday and everyone gets free Upgrade Tokens. So whether we know it costs us 500 Zen or 1,000 Zen is not going to make any difference. We are either going to be willing to pay to Upgrade or not.

exactly...since upon hearing about 500-1000z cost of upgrading I have been saving dil and converting it to zen. I have been saving as if each ship would cost 1000z to upgrade.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.