test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T5-U Galor gets 5 Eng slots?

pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
Can we please have another tac slot instead of an eng slot, it is clearly a tactical cruiser, it isnt like it deserves 5 tac slots. 4 seems to be a nice fit. The allure of the Galor is how balanced it is, and I think a 4/4 eng/tac would be more suited to that theme then a 5/3.

Consider how many keys will be consumed opening Cardassian lockboxes if the Galor could have 4 tac consoles, vs 5 eng consoles.

That is 125 zen a shot. Just think about it.
Post edited by pulserazor on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you doknow the decision has been made, right?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If I recall correctly, a ship generally cannot have more Console slots then it has Boff slots - and Universals do not count toward that. So if your ship only has 3 Tac Boff slots it can only have 3 Tac Console slots.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, a ship generally cannot have more Console slots then it has Boff slots - and Universals do not count toward that. So if your ship only has 3 Tac Boff slots it can only have 3 Tac Console slots.

The T5U galor has 5 engi boff slots? oO What an overkill.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,828 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Could be part of their plan, makes the Galor less desirable than other Cruisers so less people will fly it for if they release a Cardassian faction one day...

Even now I don't really see them ever I've seen like one ship with spiral wave disruptors but not a Galor itself.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not everything is a conspiracy
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

This is where Gorn answered it in the main thread...
    birzark wrote: »
    What determined what gets the extra slot?

Very good question. Here's the rule:

1) No bonus slot can put the number of slots above 5
    2) When the bonus console for the fleet version is applied, #1 must still be true
    3) On a starship with a Tactical Commander seat, no console type can have more slots than Tactical
    4) On a starship with a Engineering Commander seat, no console type can have more slots than Engineering
    5) On a starship with a Science Commander seat, no console type can have more slots than Science

If all those criteria are met, then I can pretty much put the console where it makes sense to me thematically. Generally, but not always I put the slot in the group that matched the ship's commander.

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There plenty tac cruisers in neutal ship sections. Almost all of them will be 4 tac after T5U.
    It will be illogical to give 4th tac to Galor, it will become best cruiser withour any downsides. 1.3 mod, 39k hull, good turn, awesome imulse mod, superb boff layout, and spiral wave disruptors.
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If anything, I've always maintained that the buff the Galor needed was a battlecruiser upgrade that would trade two maneuvers for the ability to equip cannons.

They did sometimes use pulse weapons onscreen, the tech manual describes them as using a pulse weapon, and they were often called battlecruisers.

The console layout, however, makes sense to me.

The only other provision I could see would be allowing Intel officers. I could see that particularly if there's a fleet T5U to fleet tier 6 upgrade once fleet t6 debuts.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Could be part of their plan, makes the Galor less desirable than other Cruisers so less people will fly it for if they release a Cardassian faction one day...

Even now I don't really see them ever I've seen like one ship with spiral wave disruptors but not a Galor itself.

Galor really is a kick-TRIBBLE cruiser. And who cares about extra console being Eng, what with all universal consoles out there?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If anything, I've always maintained that the buff the Galor needed was a battlecruiser upgrade that would trade two maneuvers for the ability to equip cannons.

They did sometimes use pulse weapons onscreen, the tech manual describes them as using a pulse weapon, and they were often called battlecruisers.

The console layout, however, makes sense to me.

The only other provision I could see would be allowing Intel officers. I could see that particularly if there's a fleet T5U to fleet tier 6 upgrade once fleet t6 debuts.

They aren't going to do T6 upgrades...I mean why give it to you for free or cheap when they can make you buy a brand new T6 ship?
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't give the Galor four tac consoles, I still want my Monbosh to be better. :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Every time we have one of these open seasons on all lock boxes, I grab myself a stack of Cardassian boxes and open them on the off chance.

I have a Bajoran engineer who'd love to fly one for the irony factor.

Five engineering consoles just means he will laugh at his enemies for longer, when the glorious day finally comes.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    They aren't going to do T6 upgrades...I mean why give it to you for free or cheap when they can make you buy a brand new T6 ship?

Well, after getting you to spend $10 for 5U, they could get another $10 for 6.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Or they could get you to pay $25-35 for a T6...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    How does it make the ship less desirable? If anything I can slap an extra universal console in there.

Never-mind Meemee said it first.

Well in a game where most people only care about pew pew...and so many Cruisers have 4 tac consoles...
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    theres nothing wrong with the galor it is fine ....you tac monkeys need to stay out of muh cruisers
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tac consoles are less important than high level tac boffs for doing dps. The Galor is a paper-thin cruiser that turns on a dime with plenty of tac boff abilities. 3 tac consoles is still competitive. The Galor really needed the heavier armor.
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ive got a sneak feeling this will be outdated with DR lockbox ships
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    ive got a sneak feeling this will be outdated with DR lockbox ships

T5u is already outdated even before the fancier T6 ships come out. The advantages T6 has over them is not something to scoff at. Not to mention, if you dig around on the Intel BOFF abilities, they're insanely powerful. This is even before T6 Lockbox / Lobi ships comes into play, and we all know there will be a new Lockbox when DR hits, just like there was one when LOR hit. This is also before even the T6 Fleet versions come out, much less new T6 ships as time progresses.

Now, I'm not saying T5u isn't viable, isn't playable. Quite the contrary. This game is so retardedly easy that you could probably take some sub-T5 ship and still kick this game's TRIBBLE after DR releases.

But the issue is "What are the best ships that I can realistically get?" You can cling to the old rules of STO, the old hierarchy of ships in STO before DR. You can cling to the old glory days of some favored ship.

Or you can accept the reality that T6 has clearly supplanted T5/T5u, and either choose to stay in a lower level of maximum development or go with the new higher development ceiling T6 ships (Intel or not) will offer.

I wish it wasn't like that. But that's the reality come DR in a few days.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What did you people expect was going to happen if Cryptic conceded to the players requests and raised the level cap?

Every 10 levels we get a new and more powerful tier of ships. It's not the reality that's coming with DR, it's the same reality we've had since day 1.

The wishful thinking of T6 versions of existing ships. The Feds have enjoyed that with their current crop of low tier progressing to T5 ships. Seeing something like that for all factions and all their ships would have been nice. Not saying it needed to be free.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't give the Galor four tac consoles, I still want my Monbosh to be better. :D

Heh .... , the Monbosh is an evil fan fiction ship that has all the things we asked for a Valor incorporated in it !:P
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well Cryptic has to make their new shiny sell, so at this point I'm wondering if the phasing out of the T5 lockbox ships will start at some point, or will the introduction of the T6 lockbox ships bring something that will permenantly differentiate them from the upgraded T5 lockbox ships .
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alright cool, I will deal with it. Thanks for the Gorn link, and all the replies.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why bother phasing them out? More likely they'll just release new lock boxes with T6 ships. Cryptic makes it's money off of the keys not the boxes. Players will want the ships they want and will use the keys to open the boxes they choose.

Cryptic will probably keep sporadically recycling thru previous lock boxes like they do now to keep the supply from drying up.

^
    This exactly!

Many people get ships not for their power only.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic will probably keep sporadically recycling thru previous lock boxes like they do now to keep the supply from drying up.

And no one is gonna be interested in those any more. :) Seriously, when T6 lockboxes make their appearance, I bet T5(U) lockboxes will lose a lot of their appeal. Unless they upgrade them to T6 (in which case I want my existing ones upgraded too :D).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    No .

Fine, can live with that, but do give us finally the dual beam bank spiral disruptor. Every other energy weapon type has it. From the normal phasers to the reputation refracting tetryon.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Fine, can live with that, but do give us finally the dual beam bank spiral disruptor. Every other energy weapon type has it. From the normal phasers to the reputation refracting tetryon.
    I could live with that. :D
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Cardassians were geniuses, so I suppose that having more ENG slots makes sense, but their ships, especially in the episodes are TOUGH.
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    The Cardassians were geniuses, so I suppose that having more ENG slots makes sense, but their ships, especially in the episodes are TOUGH.

Cardassia has had its share of geniuses and half-wits. For every Garak, there's probably a Damar. Every spacefaring Trek race must have its geniuses. The Klingons are living proof of that, because they would otherwise never have left the stone age.