test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge officer replacing ship on character select.

tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
...I'm not quite sure how to put this into words, so I'm gong to post a screenshot instead.

STOScreenshot.png

This started about a week ago, and at first I figured it was a one time glitch. However, it still happens everytime I log in. It's hardly an important issue, but I would like to see my ship instead of my science officer's legs.
Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
Post edited by tiro100 on

Comments

• Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've had this for ages. Usually one of my characters shows a bridge officer where the ship should be, and another bridge officer then appears twice around my captain. Not sure how to fix it.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You mean thats NOT normal ?
    :confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    jpscar577jpscar577 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You have know idea how hard I lol'd when I saw that screenshot.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    go to the tailor and change outfit names for your captain and boffs. if they don't all have unique names (or if they have a name like username_charname where username is your login name, and charname the character you're playing as), this problem usually happens. it's probably caused by loading a previously saved costume and then saving it, which changes the costume's name into username_charname.

i don't know why isn't this using some kind of boff-unique internal id number instead of easily editable tailor costume names for displaying, you'd think that would solve all of those problems.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.