test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - season 2 (SPOILERS)

124»

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2014

FINALLY! And the part I love is that every idea I heard pitched (and some I agreed to) were wrong! I love it when the answer is before us all along and collectively it is still missed! Well played, Marvel, well played. Since Daisy of the comics was not an Inhuman, this means they indeed are going to use Inhumans and "miracles" to replace mutants.

Shooting Ward. I did not see that coming. Ouch.

Whitehall is likely only mostly dead. His usurped long life organs are likely the repository of a healing power. To make sure he's all dead (and to go through his pockets for loose change), cut off the head. He is HYDRA after all... :rolleyes:

Who is the eyeless wonder in the tag scene? Since they've opened a can of worms and all "mutants" in the comics can be Inhumans in the MCU, that's a much larger field to search.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DAISY??!!?!? Yeah, Skye's real name is Daisy.

Oh and Coulson shoots Whitehall, not that I really think he's dead.

And the Diviner is a container for a Terrigen Crystal. Oh and Skye and Raina undergo Terrigenisis... and Trip... was there but he apparently wasn't special enough. ;-;

Then the real kicker... after terrigenisis is done some guy with no eyes reaches into a box and pulls out ANOTHER Diviner and talks on a phone with someone about how "there is another" now.

My friggin TV decided to switch channels just as that phone rang. I missed it as well as an answer to what happened to Lucy Lawless' character, but thank god mockingbird wasn't harmed in the filming of that mess of an episode. My head still hurts from trying to figure what I just saw, who shot who and who has what power. So is San Juan gonna fall into a sinkhole now that the underground city self destructed ?
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Who is the eyeless wonder in the tag scene? Since they've opened a can of worms and all "mutants" in the comics can be Inhumans in the MCU, that's a much larger field to search.

There's speculation running around that he's Reader.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, she's a version of this character, the one from Earth-199999 (as opposed to Earth-616, the mainline Marvel universe - 199999 is the Cinematic Universe). Among the distinctions is the fact that Skye/Daisy had enough Inhuman ancestry to survive Terrigenesis (you don't have to be full Inhuman, and they did rather, ah, scatter their seeds over ten thousand years). If her father is Mr. Hyde, I must assume she got her Inhuman genes from Mom.

Now I'm curious about what Raina became - all we saw was a yellow eye with (if I saw correctly) a vertical-slit pupil, and what looked like some sort of spines in place of an eyebrow. Not enough info to place her.

And I wonder if Ward is proud of the person Skye became? ("Never turn your back on an enemy. You taught me that.")
    Yeah, Terrigen does weird things some times. Like Lockjaw.... um yeah... he's not really a dog. :/

@Malak: the city didn't self destruct. My read was that Skye's powers made it shake a little but nothing more.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, Terrigen does weird things some times. Like Lockjaw.... um yeah... he's not really a dog. :/

Uh... no. He really is a dog. That "not a dog" thing was a prank played on Ben Grimm by Gorgon and Karnak.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    My friggin TV decided to switch channels just as that phone rang. I missed it as well as an answer to what happened to Lucy Lawless' character, but thank god mockingbird wasn't harmed in the filming of that mess of an episode. My head still hurts from trying to figure what I just saw, who shot who and who has what power. So is San Juan gonna fall into a sinkhole now that the underground city self destructed ?
    :D

Lucy Lawless was in one episode and her character died at the end. I was disappointed. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Uh... no. He really is a dog. That "not a dog" thing was a prank played on Ben Grimm by Gorgon and Karnak.
    *looks it up* ok you're right, but, they have stated that if Terrigenesis goes wrong it CAN have that sort of effect on people.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Lucy Lawless was in one episode and her character died at the end. I was disappointed. :(

She signed a multi-episode deal and was only in one episode, where they cut off her hand. I'm thinking she survived the car wreck since she still 'owes' us a few more episodes. I'm thinking after this mid-season break she'll pop up, mad as he...ck.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    She signed a multi-episode deal and was only in one episode, where they cut off her hand. I'm thinking she survived the car wreck since she still 'owes' us a few more episodes. I'm thinking after this mid-season break she'll pop up, mad as he...ck.
    :)

Plot magic then I suppose, because they said she was dead and attended the funeral, but I'll accept anything as long as it brings her back. She deserves better than one-shot roles. :)
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2014
    @Malak: the city didn't self destruct. My read was that Skye's powers made it shake a little but nothing more.

Right, she's Quake, and if one suddenly gains those kind of powers and doesn't know how to turn them off...
    *looks it up* ok you're right, but, they have stated that if Terrigenesis goes wrong it CAN have that sort of effect on people.

Like an Inhuman called Dinu. Quoting from Wikipedia:
    Dinu[25] – A teenage Inhuman who was disfigured during Terrigenesis and had to wear a mask on his face with eye-holes and a zipper where his mouth is. He is a member of the Inhuman Royal Guard. It has been rumored that the ritual of Terrigenesis has disfigured Dinu so much that simply looking upon his face can cause death.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Plot magic then I suppose, because they said she was dead and attended the funeral, but I'll accept anything as long as it brings her back. She deserves better than one-shot roles. :)
    Well, maybe, it's one fo thos e situations where it's hard to be sure some one's dead.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well, maybe, it's one fo thos e situations where it's hard to be sure some one's dead.

Death can be very temporary where comic books are concerned, some of those characters have probably "died" a dozen times and came back. :D