test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - season 2 (SPOILERS)

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every time I think I understand how twisted Grant Ward's mind is, they present a new curlicue. I can't even begin to guess what he thinks he's going to accomplish at this point.

However, something he said to Skye sticks in my mind - he has never lied to her. He's lied to literally everyone else, and he's left a lot of things unsaid and let Skye assume whatever she wanted about them, but he's never actually told her anything that was untrue...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some would say that omission is still a form of lying.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, Ward seems like a guy with a plan.... but... good luck figuring it out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    somehow..... some way...... b'elanna torres is involved with the show
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Man. Losing Mack sucked. Fitz is back on his own again, sort of - although Simmons is picking up on finishing his sentences, so perhaps foreshadowing of them patching up?
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    somehow..... some way...... b'elanna torres is involved with the show

EDIT: just realized she's directing (also previously directed Eye-Spy and Ragtag)

EDIT 2: i posted instead of editing......... smooth
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Man. Losing Mack sucked. Fitz is back on his own again, sort of - although Simmons is picking up on finishing his sentences, so perhaps foreshadowing of them patching up?

Mack will be back. (Suddenly have "Mack the Knife" going through my head.) Anyway, whether he's ever back to normal will be the question.

I've a thought that something or some one within the city will have the ability to reverse the damage to Fitz.

So if Coulson and others via T.A.H.I.T.I. had a map of the city running in their noggins, is that like a homing beacon to discovered Inhumans to head for the city? If so, Skye may not be needed to gain access to the city. Coulson might hold the key.
    edited December 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    EDIT: just realized she's directing (also previously directed Eye-Spy and Ragtag)

EDIT 2: i posted instead of editing......... smooth
    Dawson has directed a lot of stuff. Including 12 Star Trek eps.

She even had a minor role in Ent as a computer voice for an alien station.

But about the ep:

Things got REALLY interesting really fast. But yeah, it ended with one of those "now what" sort of endings. The biggest reveal was the name of the race that created the Diviner.... Kree! Not that we hadn't guessed it already, but still.

I get the feeling someone will end up going full-super hero by the end. Even if they continue to work for SHIELD.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited December 2014
    Mack will be back. (Suddenly have "Mack the Knife" going through my head.) Anyway, whether he's ever back to normal will be the question.

I've a thought that something or some one within the city will have the ability to reverse the damage to Fitz.

So if Coulson and others via T.A.H.I.T.I. had a map of the city running in their noggins, is that like a homing beacon to discovered Inhumans to head for the city? If so, Skye may not be needed to gain access to the city. Coulson might hold the key.

That was actually explained as the Kree's memories trying to assert control over the T.A.H.I.T.I. patients.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2014
    That was actually explained as the Kree's memories trying to assert control over the T.A.H.I.T.I. patients.

Thank you for the correction/clarification. I wonder though, if that will still allow Coulson access to the city? If I remember right, from my internet reading, the city was designed by Kree for Inhumans? If so, it would seem reasonable that Kree would have access still.
    I get the feeling someone will end up going full-super hero by the end. Even if they continue to work for SHIELD.

Skye is the obvious choice. Right now, the closest thing to superhero they have is Mockingbird. (Come to think of it, wasn't she eventually exposed to a Super Soldier derivative in the comics?)
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ward strikes me as playing his own game at this point. Whether he's solely the manipulative weasel his brother claims or whether he also has a touch of crazy-like-a-fox anti-hero, I'm not sure. He did send Coulson a "gift", which SHIELD is using for information. Of course, this also creates a vacancy Whitehall needs to fill just when Ward shows up. It almost seems like Ward is manipulating both sides to a showdown of his making. Ward just might be the Joker of this series, an agent of chaos.

This is about the most well informed theory about Ward i've heard.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    episode's not even half over yet and we got a lot of useful data. Skye's father is named Cal.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited December 2014
    episode's not even half over yet and we got a lot of useful data. Skye's father is named Cal.

What else so far? I won't be done with work for a little bit longer.
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    What else so far? I won't be done with work for a little bit longer.
    DAISY??!!?!? Yeah, Skye's real name is Daisy.

Oh and Coulson shoots Whitehall, not that I really think he's dead.

And the Diviner is a container for a Terrigen Crystal. Oh and Skye and Raina undergo Terrigenisis... and Trip... was there but he apparently wasn't special enough. ;-;

Then the real kicker... after terrigenisis is done some guy with no eyes reaches into a box and pulls out ANOTHER Diviner and talks on a phone with someone about how "there is another" now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Terrigenisis... and Trip... was there but he apparently wasn't special enough. ;-;

*curls up fetal style*

*lies on side*

*tries not to cry*

*cries a lot*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited December 2014
    DAISY??!!?!? Yeah, Skye's real name is Daisy.

Oh and Coulson shoots Whitehall, not that I really think he's dead.

And the Diviner is a container for a Terrigen Crystal. Oh and Skye and Raina undergo Terrigenisis... and Trip... was there but he apparently wasn't special enough. ;-;

Then the real kicker... after terrigenisis is done some guy with no eyes reaches into a box and pulls out ANOTHER Diviner and talks on a phone with someone about how "there is another" now.

Ah gonna watch it now, finally home!

Oh Mr potter glasses got red shirted. Gooooooood gooooooood *read in palpatine voice*
    [/SIGPIC]
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Watching it now, not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread yet, is anyone not getting the Inhumans vibe by now?

Which opens the door to Captain Marvel and Ronin with the Avengers of course, but that's for the movies.

Are we looking at Atillan?

Finally some big haired Medusa??

~CaptainSmirk
    edited December 2014
    SPOILERS

Good to see I was right :)

MWahahaahahaaa
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    edited December 2014
    Yep, Skye is this character: http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_%28Earth-616%29

Edit: Damnit, ninja'd.
    edited December 2014

Nice.

In the Secret Wars GN, her face was Angelina Jolie's redrawn/painted. From "Hackers"

She killed Lucia von Bardas real good. But Maria Hill did not like her.

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, she's a version of this character, the one from Earth-199999 (as opposed to Earth-616, the mainline Marvel universe - 199999 is the Cinematic Universe). Among the distinctions is the fact that Skye/Daisy had enough Inhuman ancestry to survive Terrigenesis (you don't have to be full Inhuman, and they did rather, ah, scatter their seeds over ten thousand years). If her father is Mr. Hyde, I must assume she got her Inhuman genes from Mom.

Now I'm curious about what Raina became - all we saw was a yellow eye with (if I saw correctly) a vertical-slit pupil, and what looked like some sort of spines in place of an eyebrow. Not enough info to place her.

And I wonder if Ward is proud of the person Skye became? ("Never turn your back on an enemy. You taught me that.")
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, she's a version of this character, the one from Earth-199999 (as opposed to Earth-616, the mainline Marvel universe - 199999 is the Cinematic Universe). Among the distinctions is the fact that Skye/Daisy had enough Inhuman ancestry to survive Terrigenesis (you don't have to be full Inhuman, and they did rather, ah, scatter their seeds over ten thousand years). If her father is Mr. Hyde, I must assume she got her Inhuman genes from Mom.

Now I'm curious about what Raina became - all we saw was a yellow eye with (if I saw correctly) a vertical-slit pupil, and what looked like some sort of spines in place of an eyebrow. Not enough info to place her.

Well, there's a Raina in the 616 universe that's a Saurid from the Savage Land. This might be the MCU's interpretation of that character.
    edited December 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

I am thinking some kind of reptilian persuasive, like Stacy X from X-Men. Power, not origin story. She seemed to be hinted at possessing that ability in the Coffee shop.

Or it could be something completely different.

I am just happy that the Paton Oswald brothers are still in it.

You're gonna need a Lanyard.
    edited December 2014
    I am thinking some kind of reptilian persuasive, like Stacy X from X-Men. Power, not origin story. She seemed to be hinted at possessing that ability in the Coffee shop.

Or it could be something completely different.

I am just happy that the Paton Oswald brothers are still in it.

You're gonna need a Lanyard.

Had no idea you were a Shield fan Smirk. may I put the idea in your ear that it would be awesome to have Clark Gregg in a story, either as a Starfleet intelligence agent, or rebuilding Section 31 from the ground up and reforming it lol. :D
    [/SIGPIC]
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm really looking forward to the addition of Captain Marvel to the MCU. I thought the episode was fantastic, it's going to be so much fun to see Team Whedon's take on everything. As soon as The Captain (That's how I still see him) started humming that song, I knew Skye's name. It's going to be a long wait till March. Thankfully Agent Carter looks fantastic, it'll do good to fill the void.

And they best not hurt Simmons.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The two deaths in the episode (I won't spoiler TOO badly), one of them was so utterly pointless and very lame. Must have been arguing for more money or something; I liked him! The other didn't die near horribly enough for all that he'd done. Bummed on both counts. :(
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The two deaths in the episode (I won't spoiler TOO badly), one of them was so utterly pointless and very lame. Must have been arguing for more money or something; I liked him! The other didn't die near horribly enough for all that he'd done. Bummed on both counts. :(

I'm more concerned about who DIDN'T die, specifically someone I've been wanting to die since around the time of Winter Soldier.

I'm still (self censored) over the death of Victoria Hand.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I wonder how the're going to keep Quake out of AoU?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Watching it now, not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread yet, is anyone not getting the Inhumans vibe by now?

Which opens the door to Captain Marvel and Ronin with the Avengers of course, but that's for the movies.

Are we looking at Atillan?

Finally some big haired Medusa??

~CaptainSmirk

Well, an Inhumans movie was announced as part of Phase 3 and we were teased that we'd 'see the Inhumans sooner than you think' about the same time. AoS was my first thought on that since it's been used as the fast-track for including things from the greater MU and given talk in the show almost from the beginning it makes sense.

Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers has been announced as a Phase 3 movie but it will be interesting to see how they work it. It practically begs for more involvement with the Kree somewhere.