test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega rep needs "Anti-Borg" Antiproton space weapons!

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Reputation System
I'm sure this has been brought up before, and in fact I seem to remember that the "Anti-borg" aspect of the space weapons was supposedly replaced by the "Omega Graviton Amplifier".

But every other reputation has special themed space weapons, so why not Omega? Since it has ground antiproton weapons, I'd LOVE some Omega themed Antiproton space weapons.

2.5% chance proc possibilities:

1. Extra kinetic damage versus Borg
2. Immunity from Borg tractor beams
3. Immunity from Borg kinetic damage
4. Extra crit chance (doubled versus Borg)

Just to name a few of the top of my head. This would give us another Anti-proton weapon option, and give us a themed weapon to use against Borg.
Thoughts?
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by djf021 on

Comments

• Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There were AP [borg] weapons in early game before the dark times..before f2p.

Bring em back, sure, why not.
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cutting Omni-beam with the right console for it! Of course it's not bad as you also get second shield orb around your ship, but you need their plasma torpedo also. AP weapons are not cutting it like it did. I've been testing and prepping for DR. Even with the best AP weapons they're not doing as much damage or just taking too long to do the damage. Should be quicker. I finally figure which weapons are more effective to use. Plus you need 3-4 layer Shields also. I don't mean stacking them though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The funny thing is they created weapons in all the other reps that dish out extra damage to the main enemy being tackled, but for the Borg, the decided to eliminate the [Borg] mod rather than trying to fix the Borg NPCs missing the Borg classification.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There were AP [borg] weapons in early game before the dark times..before f2p.

Bring em back, sure, why not.
    Anitproton [Borg] Space Weapons were available after F2P as well. They only disappeared when they removed the Borg Salvage in the process of converting to the Rep System, yet were not added to the Rep Store for some reason.

[EDIT] Ah yeah, thanks lucho, forgot that the AP [Borg] were wonky... I have an old Photon Torp [Borg] that worked fine, but yeah, the AP [Borg] not so much. Still, they were cheap back then, much like the Assimilated Set... that was the first set I got in the game thanks to its low cost at the time. I miss that stuff. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    comic1996comic1996 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    djf021 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, and in fact I seem to remember that the "Anti-borg" aspect of the space weapons was supposedly replaced by the "Omega Graviton Amplifier".

But every other reputation has special themed space weapons, so why not Omega? Since it has ground antiproton weapons, I'd LOVE some Omega themed Antiproton space weapons.

2.5% chance proc possibilities:

1. Extra kinetic damage versus Borg
    2. Immunity from Borg tractor beams
    3. Immunity from Borg kinetic damage
    4. Extra crit chance (doubled versus Borg)

Just to name a few of the top of my head. This would give us another Anti-proton weapon option, and give us a themed weapon to use against Borg.
    Thoughts?
    Number 2 and 3 may make you to powerful when you use it at the borg. But it does sound like a good idea to make some yet not with the number 2 and 3.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    comic1996 wrote: »
    Number 2 and 3 may make you to powerful when you use it at the borg. But it does sound like a good idea to make some yet not with the number 2 and 3.

Well, I'm talking about a proc, not a passive, so in theory the affect would only last about 15 secs, and only against Borg. But it's just a suggestion. I just wish we had a space weapon option from the Omega rep.

Any other ideas?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sad that they never fixxed the [borg] proc on space weapons and removed them instead of fixing them, but IIRC to fix them required them to go thru every mission with a borg spacecraft in it, which was more time than they wanted to spend.

...I never stopped using the [borg] AP from the old system tho supposedly broken- it still works great.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Sad that they never fixxed the [borg] proc on space weapons and removed them instead of fixing them, but IIRC to fix them required them to go thru every mission with a borg spacecraft in it, which was more time than they wanted to spend.

...I never stopped using the [borg] AP from the old system tho supposedly broken- it still works great.

It's Cryptic's SOP. Trouble with it? Remove it instead of fixing it.

Case in point: Exploration Clusters.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bring Back The Anti_borg Weapons From Pre Free To Play!!!!!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They could just make new non bugged proc and add it to a new set of AP weapons.

Would take them a few hours. Guess what guys, Cryptic be lazy.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    djf021 wrote: »
    Omega rep needs "Anti-Borg" Antiproton space weapons!
    This. Also, the Romulus rep needs a ground set.
    before the dark times..before f2p.
    Yes, before the dark times when our community started multiplying. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I never understood the dev's fixation on AP weapons for endgame. Their looks aren't appealing to me and have no basis in canon as well.

Instead I think it would be a good idea to revamp the Omega rep and award "Modulating Frequency Phasers/Disruptors", following the two weapon type example of the 8472 rep. The first type of weapon would fire a orange/blue beam as seen in the remastered TNG episode of "Best of Both Worlds". The disruptor variant could fire a green/red alterning beam. On ground those weapons would go longer without the Borg adapting and if we don't get a space adaptation mechanic, the space weapons could just influence additional damage to Borg, similiar to the old [Borg] proc.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I never understood the dev's fixation on AP weapons for endgame. Their looks aren't appealing to me and have no basis in canon as well.

Instead I think it would be a good idea to revamp the Omega rep and award "Modulating Frequency Phasers/Disruptors", following the two weapon type example of the 8472 rep. The first type of weapon would fire a orange/blue beam as seen in the remastered TNG episode of "Best of Both Worlds". The disruptor variant could fire a green/red alterning beam. On ground those weapons would go longer without the Borg adapting and if we don't get a space adaptation mechanic, the space weapons could just influence additional damage to Borg, similiar to the old [Borg] proc.

Space adaptation: NO! Its annoying enough on ground. Nope. Nope. Nope.

And we already got way too many disruptors and phasers, both boring. Antiproton needs more love, and so does Plasma.

There are, counting those types that give a full set for all weapon types:

2 Plasma types.
    3 Antiproton types.
    4 phaser types. (Including Andorian)
    4 Polaron types. (including Delta rising rep)
    5 Disruptor types.
    5 Tetryon types.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still have a few of the Borg Space weapons. I have run damage tracker running Infected Space Elite. It proves the proc does work and is doing 16k damage in one mission with just two beam arrays. The issue that comes up is when an NPC is not labeled Borg. That's when the proc doesn't work. I honestly don't care about that. It is a good weapon and can be used on new or advanced builds without breaking the bank. In case you are curious I got 18.5K DPS out of that run. When I use fleet DMGX3 that number drops fast... :)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    (...) Would take them a few hours. Guess what guys, Cryptic be lazy.
    More like: Cryptic be overwhelmed.

Y'know what would be cool?

Cryptic hosts a two-day virtual summit for Star Trek Online (STO).

Day One:
    Cryptic presents a "state of the game": provide a high-level overview of the game (history, seasons), plus where the product roadmap is going. Introduce the latest season or expansion. Make some forward-looking statements about the game development. Conduct sessions with Devs who discuss various challenges, plus how they're addressing bugs. Provide fan polls to get feedback on hot topics.

Also, provide fan-based breakout sessions: "How to get the most from your FED, KDF or ROM toon", "What ship consoles work best against which adversary", "Crafting 101", etc. (Create topics based on some of the most-asked questions on the forums, Reddit, etc.)

Day Two:
    Hackathon Day! Either utilize this time for Devs to address the bug issues which are pre-prioritized based on community votes, or a self-made list. Without compromising intellectual property (IP), have the Devs give status reports to the community on the progress being made. Imagine tuning in every 90 minutes for a status update; just a quick Dev video update, livestream or posting (Twitter, community, elsewhere).

And: Fan Feedback Day! Based on a previous solicitation for feedback, address ideas which players (aka customers) are suggesting. Including the Omega rep "Anti-Borg" Antiproton space weapons. Maybe make that a special feature of the hackathon: the community votes for one item which the Devs try to implement in-game within 24 hours.

Should the event be free? Yes.

Should Cryptic make statements they'll never own up to? Of course not.

But maybe the players (aka customers) will have a way to vocalize those things which matter most. If it's "Anti-Borg" Antiproton space weapons, then the players will have a chance to speak up about it!
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    More like: Cryptic be overwhelmed.

Y'know what would be cool?

Cryptic hosts a two-day virtual summit for Star Trek Online (STO).

Day One:
    Cryptic presents a "state of the game": provide a high-level overview of the game (history, seasons), plus where the product roadmap is going. Introduce the latest season or expansion. Make some forward-looking statements about the game development. Conduct sessions with Devs who discuss various challenges, plus how they're addressing bugs. Provide fan polls to get feedback on hot topics.

Also, provide fan-based breakout sessions: "How to get the most from your FED, KDF or ROM toon", "What ship consoles work best against which adversary", "Crafting 101", etc. (Create topics based on some of the most-asked questions on the forums, Reddit, etc.)

Day Two:
    Hackathon Day! Either utilize this time for Devs to address the bug issues which are pre-prioritized based on community votes, or a self-made list. Without compromising intellectual property (IP), have the Devs give status reports to the community on the progress being made. Imagine tuning in every 90 minutes for a status update; just a quick Dev video update, livestream or posting (Twitter, community, elsewhere).

And: Fan Feedback Day! Based on a previous solicitation for feedback, address ideas which players (aka customers) are suggesting. Including the Omega rep "Anti-Borg" Antiproton space weapons. Maybe make that a special feature of the hackathon: the community votes for one item which the Devs try to implement in-game within 24 hours.

Should the event be free? Yes.

Should Cryptic make statements they'll never own up to? Of course not.

But maybe the players (aka customers) will have a way to vocalize those things which matter most. If it's "Anti-Borg" Antiproton space weapons, then the players will have a chance to speak up about it!

Oh, I agree. The Devs really should get a no kidding assesment from the coummnity on whether to spend time adding new features or improving and/or fixing issues. I would even suggest doing something similar to Corproate elections where votes are deturmaned by number of shares (in this case shares being money spent on zen in a set period).
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Space adaptation: NO! Its annoying enough on ground. Nope. Nope. Nope.

And we already got way too many disruptors and phasers, both boring. Antiproton needs more love, and so does Plasma.

There are, counting those types that give a full set for all weapon types:

2 Plasma types.
    3 Antiproton types.
    4 phaser types. (Including Andorian)
    4 Polaron types. (including Delta rising rep)
    5 Disruptor types.
    5 Tetryon types.

I think it woul be fun as it would require a change in gear now and then and more attention than just keeping things autofire. But at least on ground a weapon that would somehow deal with Borg adaptation would make sense for Omega rep, don't you think? And since it's a Starfleet/KDF joint ops, this would be more sensical to include that faction's "signature weapon".

I agree that are a lot of disruptors alredy, though to be fair disruptors are canonically the most widespread weapon, next to phasers. Though I'm not sure wether you can count Andorian, since they are just different coloured default phasers and hidden behind a 2500 Zen paywall.

If we count space and ground there are four types of AP: Default, Voth, Fluidic and Sonic. A reinvention of anti-borg weapons having phaser and disruptors wouldn't be too bad here. I'm pretty sure the next lockbox will feature AP weapons again ^^
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think it woul be fun as it would require a change in gear now and then and more attention than just keeping things autofire. But at least on ground a weapon that would somehow deal with Borg adaptation would make sense for Omega rep, don't you think? And since it's a Starfleet/KDF joint ops, this would be more sensical to include that faction's "signature weapon".

I agree that are a lot of disruptors alredy, though to be fair disruptors are canonically the most widespread weapon, next to phasers. Though I'm not sure wether you can count Andorian, since they are just different coloured default phasers and hidden behind a 2500 Zen paywall.

If we count space and ground there are four types of AP: Default, Voth, Fluidic and Sonic. A reinvention of anti-borg weapons having phaser and disruptors wouldn't be too bad here. I'm pretty sure the next lockbox will feature AP weapons again ^^

Signature weapons gets old. Plus, not everybody is playing a Federation or KDF character.

Romulans use plasma, and all the locbox ships and such got their own styles as well.

And no, its not fun to remodulate weapons. Its boring and annoying.

I was just counting the types what can get you a full set of space weapons. Like its not beam arrays only like Spirals. Thus the andorian made it, the sonic didnt, for sonic does not give space weapons.

I'm not sure on new AP weapons. The only guarateed box of them would be if we got an Iconian lockbox, and I feel that is 2-3 expansions away.

At least the current one will give plasma weapons, which is something that romulans can use with their factional weapons like quads or such.