test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premonition from Armada

bigbadjohn2bigbadjohn2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Any chance the Premonition class from Star Trek Armada could be put into the game? Make it a Tier 6 ship, another option for the Delta Quadrant.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Premonition_class
Post edited by bigbadjohn2 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Nope. Anything from other games is kinda off limits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic doesn't have the rights to it, so it won't happen. The cost of buying the rights to it would cost faaaaaaaaaaaar more than any profit that could be made from it.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any chance the Premonition class from Star Trek Armada could be put into the game? Make it a Tier 6 ship, another option for the Delta Quadrant.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Premonition_class

Maybe its the angle, but from the picture in your link it looks like a Sovy with herpes.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I think the Premonition might have been a Sovereign variant or something... The design is pretty similar.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cryptic would have to get permission off their taskmasters at pwe and then cbs for the ip rights so they could pursue any agreement with activision for sta, otherwise they would have to goto rockstar new england for sta 2 stuff because back in the day they were known as mad doc software, the ones who made sta 2.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My little brother would LOVE to see that ship, but unfortunately, anything from a another game is off limits.... :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    of course not. hey any chance of the millennium falcon being added?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    closest you will get to this, is sovereign mission pods.
    that is something they could do for the same reason other games did it.

its a logical combination of other fed design ideas.

Well, there is one other "close" alternative you could get to this depending on what you like about it:

A Temporal Cruiser that combines Wells-class design with Sovvie design and maybe a hint of the Enterprise-J. The Premonition looks to have something more like wings than struts supporting its nacelles. It has a funny hump on bottom and the wings have cutaways which makes me think of the Romulan timeships. The big thing a T-cruiser likely wouldn't have that this does is the clunky thing on top.

That pink abomination was presumably the ship's T-drive but I prefer the Wells/Mobius style piston approach and think you could probably get those on a T-cruiser or maybe evoke that by having the nacelles spin counterclockwise or thrust inwards and outwards atop the struts.

A temporal cruiser that does its own thing could readily work as a Lobi store entry.

Or if they wanted to work it into the normal lineup, I suppose you could say that Starfleet is reverse engineering the Wells.

And if you really want to freak people out, you could indicate that the Temporal Prime Directive has been suspended after the Devidians, B'Vat, Taris, and the Borg have all proven willing to breach time and perhaps after some odd readings following Spock and Nero's disappearance. They could say that Starfleet is now looking at taking a proactive view of the timeline, for exploration and civil defense. And Admiral Janeway has been appointed head of Temporal Investigations which is constructing the T-cruiser as part of the Federation's new stance on time travel, which is that time is a frontier to be explored, colonized, exploited carefully, and subject to civil defense from a patrol fleet of timeships.
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Premonition class....because we all want a hot pink nacelle over our heads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    knocky wrote: »
    Premonition class....because we all want a hot pink nacelle over our heads.

Don't disrespect the hot pink, man! It's the new black :P
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All jokes about the color pink aside, i would welcome it if PWE got the license for Armada 1&2 designs. Some of those designs were pretty sweet and it could fill be gap in numbers between klingon/romulan and federation ships.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.