Install Arc
Options

Catphone: In-game chat channel.

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Alrighty so I just wiped out 35 posts from this thread.

Lets stay on topic AND AS A REMINDER, HATE SPEECH IS NOT TOLERATED ON THESE FORUMS OR IN STAR TREK ONLINE.

If you don't like a part of the STO community fine, that's your right. That doesn't mean you get to bash on them.

Sheesh....what the heck happened?! :confused:
    I sometimes do feel sorry about you mods., for all the garbage you get to read and deal with. You need bigger banhammers, like IP bans for accounts opened in the sole purpose to troll the board and spur hate speech.

Anyway on topic:

The channel is just as any other in-game channel, used for comunication between players in the game. Just as I have one other channel shared between my Fed and KDF fleets. Just like I have yet another channel that spans 7 KDF sister fleets and 5 Fed ones. For people to communicate, play the game together, get some help with getting stuff done or asking a question.

There's nothing weird going on here despite what a certain part of the "community" wants people to believe for reasons known only to themselves. The reason I joined the CatPhone was because I joined the Ferasan Shadow Force back then and everyone in the fleet was talking in that channel, so naturally it was used to get to know and socialize with fleet members.
    Being on the channel for 2 years now I can personally say that it's probably the most family friendly channel I happen to know. The mods of CatPhone had always assumed that due to the species that are played being cat-like there is a big chance for the younger populace to play such species and be on the channel, so they make sure it's kept very family and children friendly.

I'm sure the large populations of Ferasan and Caitian players are very obvious to anyone playing STO. The CatPhone is just a way for people that like playing cat-like chars. to socialize in game. The requirement to have a Ferasan and Caitian is to keep things thematic for such a channel, but you can play on any other char. you have and use CatPhone to get stuff done.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Alrighty so I just wiped out 35 posts from this thread.

Lets stay on topic AND AS A REMINDER, HATE SPEECH IS NOT TOLERATED ON THESE FORUMS OR IN STAR TREK ONLINE.

If you don't like a part of the STO community fine, that's your right. That doesn't mean you get to bash on them.

Thank you, Askray.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to Angrytarg and the other users who just joined :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    potasssium wrote: »
    This actually sounds like an interesting idea, I'll have to remember for when I log back in.

Is potassium your in-game handle?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is a good channel with a nice bunch of peeps. Been a part of it for ages, though I rarely post that often. :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Welcome @crustymac!
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The reason I joined the CatPhone was because I joined the Ferasan Shadow Force back then and everyone in the fleet was talking in that channel, so naturally it was used to get to know and socialize with fleet members.
    CatPhone actually started so that Ferasan Shadow Force could communicate with their members while on Starfleet side. Over the years, it opened to anyone with a cat character.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    We have had well over 200 individual players during the channel's several year lifespan.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Welcome @Whitetiger550!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    @terracyrax add me cause to lasy to remember stuff and i ish watching livestream whever it starts <_< >_>

Welcome @terracyrax and @mindmage!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Welcome @bladedarkwing!
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep just wanted to say hello to all the players joining the channel over the last few days, always good to hear from everyone about their experiences with the game.

If anybody joining have cats not in a fleet, the Ferasen Shadow Force and the Caitian Star Pride will always be happy to have you.(In terms of fairness other fleets are available and joining terms and conditions may differ!!!)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yes, if you have a Caitian in need of a fleet, contact @lindaleff about the Caitian Star Pride. You can also contact him regarding the Ferasan Shadow Force for Ferasans.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Very tribal.

Very tribal?

I am confused as to what you mean.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you very much for the friendly reception :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Think it means they think it's all one sided. Moggy players only thingy and all and no outsides.

Thought that was the point, so that you guy's could lay around in sun lit windows and discuss what's the best way to beat up the neighbors dog with it knowing. :cool:

hahahahahaha made.my.morning

ty
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the friendly reception :)

Anytime, hope you enjoy your time in Catphone.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Think it means they think it's all one sided. Moggy players only thingy and all and no outsides.

Thought that was the point, so that you guy's could lay around in sun lit windows and discuss what's the best way to beat up the neighbors dog with it knowing. :cool:

Shhhh!

Don't tell everyone. :D
    hZbIdbh.jpg
  • Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I now have a kitty! I'll have to join soon.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The more the merrier as they say, when in game look up the contacts mentioned for access to the chat channel and if you want fleet membership as well (though not required for chat access).

Look forward to chatting in game. :)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I now have a kitty! I'll have to join soon.

I'll send an invite next time I see you.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Welcome @ragewarp9!
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Adding my plug for CP, always has around 30+ online at any given time and isn't one of those channels that makes you question your ethics.

Oh, and Cryptic, where is my Ferasan Destroyer?
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Welcome @lordarathron!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Welcome @floppytechie!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Welcome @firafoxx!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Welcome @Heavywounds!
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ah well, why not?

Toss me a fwiendship invite @rahmkota19. Will switch to my Caitian once we both have the time to meet up. He should be on ESD iirc.