test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEO] Dyson Set Glitched / No Hunker Down INVESTIGATING

vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So far this is only on my KDF-Ramen. I've yet to review all my toons. Unsure if the new Upgrade System Sparked this Bug. Hope its fixed, hate to Re-Req the whole suit (even though that might not rid the bug)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYftFC-Mfps

-V
Post edited by vnexus on

Comments

• bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Happens on both of the characters I have the set on, on my KDF tac the armor and weapon see all three pieces as being equipped, but the shield can't see the other two, I still get the the three piece bonus though.

With my FED sci the armor and shields see each other but can't see the weapon, and the weapon can't see the other two parts, so I don't get the bonus with this character.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bejaymac wrote: »
    Happens on both of the characters I have the set on, on my KDF tac the armor and weapon see all three pieces as being equipped, but the shield can't see the other two, I still get the the three piece bonus though.

With my FED sci the armor and shields see each other but can't see the weapon, and the weapon can't see the other two parts, so I don't get the bonus with this character.

Seems to be a pretty funky Bug. And yup, I checked today... other Toons have the same Armor Set Split with the Shield, though the full set is still active with those(i have hunker down). My KDF-Ramen is the only one that had the missing perk from wearing the full set. Odd luck, I might make a new Armor Set to see if that "fixes" the issue. Hate to waste the Dil though :confused:

-V
  • sheliasgs1sheliasgs1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Occurring on my Klingon Tac Officer. Is there a fix? I've tried un-equipping/re-equipping all pieces to no avail.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Task Force Omega Armor Gear is better than those two your showing. I do have what you on my 2 ENG Girls but using the weapons you need to make the shielding work. There is a personal shield that rated 425 if I use that I lose functions on Omega Ground Gear Set, I am not using the Anti-proton gun which cost 500 Omega points. Very dear in marks, dilthum also. Crazy what you have to spend. I am in those PVE for Borg just to get the marks I need to buy things.

Anyway I never seen the no hunker down, I've see more down with the EX-Armor and Maco-Armor but not so much with Omega Armor. I am sure there is better in DR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • matheusarikmatheusarik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue ...
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here. But my problem is with the weapon, the shield and the armor recognice each other but not the weapon. And i dont have the three piece bonus...And it's not listed as bugged so...
  • cuisicuisi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hate finding my new problems in threads that are 2 months old. :mad:
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Can I get name@handles for affected characters please?
    STO QA Team
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Celnet@Jeff-El is affected by this. One piece of the set has been upgraded to Mk XIII; the others are Mk XII.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same thing happens to me too Kiriana@elvenaar is the affected toon. Sometimes the shield doesn't aknowledge the other two pieces, sometimes it's the armor that doesn't, it's totally random.
    This also happens on one of my boffs, but w/ the Jem'Hadar ground set there, but as soon as I put the set on my captain it works fine.
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The single toon I have with this set (Sha'non@cadwaladrcryptic) has just started having this problem today, I noticed it when I went to do a run through the Dyson battlezone. Which piece of the set it claims is missing varies depending on which piece I hover the cursor over, and may change if I change maps.
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seventeen@unkoala

i've the three pieces, the shield and the armor recognize each other but neither recognize the rifle, all mk xii without upgrades.
    edited December 2014
    Any progress in solving this bug? As of December 10th it's still alive and kicking.
  • tlyoriantlyorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tlyorian@tlyorian
  • tlyoriantlyorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tlyorian wrote: »
    tlyorian@tlyorian

I unequipped all three items, right-clicked and selected 'upgrade item' then cancelled. Now for some reason, the three items are working and I have hunker down back...
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I unequipped all three items, right-clicked and selected 'upgrade item' then cancelled. Now for some reason, the three items are working and I have hunker down back...

This fix worked for me as well on my Rom/KDF Tac.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Just wanted to chime in and say that this is indeed the fix for the problem. I have a feeling anyone with this bug had at one point been curious with upgrading this set and looked at one of the items before cancelling. Big thanks to tlyorian for solving the problem!
    m12Pkoj.png
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    I have verified this. Let me see if I can explain basically what's going on.

The Item Upgrade system required the development of what we call "Dynamic Items" that are different on the code side from items that have been used in the game before the upgrade system was implemented.

When you take a normal item, right-click it and select "Upgrade Item" that normal item is changed into a Dynamic Item even if you cancel out of the upgrade. So when you have your Dyson set and right-click > Upgrade Item just to see what it might become, it has effectively become a different item and so is no longer recognized as part of the set.

Now, if you if you right-click > Upgrade Item all of the items in the set, they are now all Dynamic Items and once again recognize that they are part of a set.

I don't know if we can do anything so that a mix of regular and dynamic items still get recognized as a set, but I've written the issue up and sent it on to see if anything can be done.

In any case, that difference between normal and Dynamic items is why this happens, and it's also why tlyorian's workaround works.
    STO QA Team
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if we can do anything so that a mix of regular and dynamic items still get recognized as a set, but I've written the issue up and sent it on to see if anything can be done.

I think you already are for some sets, actually. I noticed my Ar'kif set claims to be 3 piece and lists the plasma quad cannons twice -- one must be the leveling ones that come on the Ar'kala, the other the dynamic ones that come from upgrading them. This lets us slot either one with the non-upgradable universal console to get the set bonus.

-edit-

If you can't get a mix of item types working for other sets, could a warning prompt be put in for when someone slots a set item and converts it to dynamic? It's entirely possible I've broken some sets without even realizing it. I'm going to have to double check all my chars later (luckily the mk icon change makes it easy to tell -- thank the UI guys for using different ones!).

-edit2-

The Romulan Singularity Harness set 3-piece bonus worked fine for me with a mix of an upgraded experimental array and zero-point energy conduit, with a non upgraded hyper plasma torpedo. So it seems like this is already being handled correctly for certain sets?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sounds like the 'safe' thing to do is to manually go update and cancel every item that's part of a set, right?

Of course Cryptic could possibly also just pre-emptively flip all set items to be dynamic.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    they'd either have to automatically convert them which would be a huge strain on the server due to all the player accounts, or make that happen individually on login which could be doable i guess, but would probably add extra loading time each time you log in when it was making sure you don't have any old items to convert.

either way, some items can't be converted, and some still get broken on conversion, like the older [borg] weapons turning into another item, without the borg modifier.

replacing all old type item rewards from reputation projects, rep/dil/lobi/etc shops, all kinds of boxes, enemy drops and mission rewards with new ones would be good. it happens with many new items, but as far as i remember the old style items are still awarded in some cases, since i occasionally get the old version of a weapon. maybe it's the reward boxes.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I have verified this. Let me see if I can explain basically what's going on.

The Item Upgrade system required the development of what we call "Dynamic Items" that are different on the code side from items that have been used in the game before the upgrade system was implemented.

When you take a normal item, right-click it and select "Upgrade Item" that normal item is changed into a Dynamic Item even if you cancel out of the upgrade. So when you have your Dyson set and right-click > Upgrade Item just to see what it might become, it has effectively become a different item and so is no longer recognized as part of the set.

Now, if you if you right-click > Upgrade Item all of the items in the set, they are now all Dynamic Items and once again recognize that they are part of a set.

In any case, that difference between normal and Dynamic items is why this happens, and it's also why tlyorian's workaround works.

Why did you make some of the dynamic versions worse than their original versions. I'm talking about some of the stats for the lobi JemHadar space set.
  • crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I tried this last night and it worked for me. Many thanks for the info!!!!

It would have been nice for the company to address this issue, but the players/customers tend to be 17x more helpful.
    edited February 2015
    Gonna try it when I get on the game later, but I'm pretty sure that although I do remember trying to upgrade the dyson set my toon posted above has, I never attempted that on my jem'hadar set and yet that too shows the same bug although I didn't check if it has it's set bonuses as I use that set on a boff and not on the main toon, will have to put the set on the toon and see if it's bugged that way too.
  • sebastianjue1sebastianjue1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015

im affected by this too:( . Sebastian@sebastianjue1