Install Arc
Options

Some more gear that can't be upgraded..

13»

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    I wanted to preview the Very Rare Mk XII Jem'Hadar Polaron pistol that I spent 50 lobi (NO SMALL CHANGE) to upgrade. I wasn't even going to upgrade it, just see what it might predict for a MkXIII variant.

Normally, you right click, "upgrade" and see it in the upgrade screen.

This time, I right clicked, "upgrade" and it blinked in my inventory and BECAME BLUE.

It downgraded the stats as well. It does less damage. It didn't even fill in the upgrade screen properly. The boxes were blank. I tried again and it worked as you might expect, populating the upgrade box and filling in a preview. The quality is still blue though.

Now I am royally boned. Cryptic is offering NO customer service so far on ANY of these problems.

I've submitted a bug report, #2,798,950. I will be VERY disgruntled if they don't restore the quality I paid for, or refund the 50 Lobi if that's not possible.

I'm already livid they charged me over 300 lobi to upgrade my JH space and ground sets right before making them free to everybody (and then NOT refunding the lobi, naturally). This is truly the last straw.

EDIT: In case you're wondering, this is the primary weapon of this character. I have used it for a long time and take it everywhere.

Thanks for the report.

We have found the bug and are working on getting that fixed, and on getting your pistol back to where it should be.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And another one for the list.. the Vaadwaur Cluster Torpedo can't be upgraded :(
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm rather surprised to note that when I logged into the affected toon tonight, a purple pistol had been placed in my inventory.

I checked my e-mail and there was a notice that they had placed it there to resolve the issue.

Well, damn. I'm pretty critical of Cryptic as a whole right now, but I will give props when they are due.

Thank you, Cryptic support.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Did they ever fix the Jem'Hadar engines and shield where the mark XIII gets worse stats than the Lobi mk XII. Only thing I feel safer upgrading is the deflector, and even then, I'd grind the mission one just in case.
  • Options
    magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After I upgraded the item, the primary fire mode in my skill bar, was switched from "Rapid Beam" to a martial arts "Left Palm Strike", let me be clear the "Rapid Beam" primary fire mode of this weapon is no longer in my list of available ground skills at all, it is my Romulan Captain's primary weapon and it is almost useless now, please help!!!!! Submitted GM report and after a clarification of the problem was told to submit a bug report, no response to date!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Did they ever fix the Jem'Hadar engines and shield where the mark XIII gets worse stats than the Lobi mk XII. Only thing I feel safer upgrading is the deflector, and even then, I'd grind the mission one just in case.

I'm afraid to even try, at this point. I got the Lobi MkXII upgrade just before they went free. Until the devs come out and actively LIST it as on the list to be upgrade, I won't even think about trying. After what happened to my JH pistol? Nah.

I'm also afraid to even think about upgrading my pistol. They restored it once, but I don't think that means the issue has been fixed yet. I don't know if they'll restore it again. Plus... you know... I like that weapon and use it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't suppose we could get a list of what has been confirmed fixed (at least since the last patch notes broke down what was fixed with upgrades) and what items are still being worked on (read: what NOT to try to upgrade right now)?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After I upgraded the item, the primary fire mode in my skill bar, was switched from "Rapid Beam" to a martial arts "Left Palm Strike", let me be clear the "Rapid Beam" primary fire mode of this weapon is no longer in my list of available ground skills at all, it is my Romulan Captain's primary weapon and it is almost useless now, please help!!!!! Submitted GM report and after a clarification of the problem was told to submit a bug report, no response to date!!!!!

I know it doesn't help in the least, but I was able to upgrade my old dil store repeater pistol to XIII without any issue (outside of the model changing to that of a mk I, which I love).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for the comment, I just wish the Devs would fix mine as they did rodent masters weapon!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Still no joy in getting my pistol posted about in previous message fixed, has anyone besides rodent master had their upgrade glitches resolved???
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Voth Chroniton Transphasics can't be upgraded still.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As a nice "Thank you" to the peepz that bought the mk xii Lobi Jem Hadar upgrades stuff pre-upgreydd system, it would be nice if the upgrade points required to "upgreydd" it would be say, cut in half.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Devs...can we get the voth torpedo upgrade available please?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg