test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very nasty crash bug with new upgrades

zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Upgraded my Fleet Neutronium (Mk XII, +All Resists/+turnrate) console with new upgrade system... And got myself a Mk XIII console that causes game to crash if I do as much as mouse-over to see it stats. Not good, to say the least.
Post edited by zysalian on

Comments

• minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just got through with three different crashes here already. Right now I've just gotten through with removing a GPU that wasn't doing much, thinking it was causing problems with DirectX. Running the game right now things seem to be running smoothly so it might've been that.

On an unrelated note: having a fruitfly infestation is not helping my patience :mad:
  • annahannah Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ditto, but with my EMO beam...
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the info. Keep listing items related to this crash. If you're getting the Cryptic Error Tracker, please include the Error Tracker Number (listed at the bottom of the window) as well if possible.
    STO QA Team
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Attempting to slot a Counter Command MkXII Deflector Dish directly from the ship (double clicking with the upgrade menu open) caused a crash.

Attempting to slot the same deflector directly from my inventory, did not.

Ticket 35193718
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah it happend a couple of times now after trying to drag & drop Mk XIII items from the inventory into a ship slot. Selecting the item via the "slot drop menu" seems to be the only way to prevent that from happening so far. I can't help it but it feels like testing a rushed out alpha version... :rolleyes:
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I had a crash when I tried to reequip a partially upgraded MACO Mk XII Shield Array.

Crash Ticket ID: 35193718

When I got back into the game, the item had reequipped. I was able to reproduce the crash by removing the item from my ship, and reequipping it.

K
    edited September 2014
    Same issue with my KDF and an Obelisk Subspace Rift warp core. Attempting to double click or drag from the ship with the upgrade menu open caused a crash.

Ticket 35193849

Edit
    Same character new item: Fleet Particle Generators Mk XII [HuH] [-Th]

Also broke the tooltip which now reads:
    Console - Science - Hull-Repairing Weapon Signature Nullifier Mk XII
    Console - Science - Holomatrix Diode

Stats are correct however (-th, +particle gens +hull repair)

Ticket 35193849
  • zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just had that same crash bug happen after I upgraded my Borg Kinetic Cutting Beam to Mk XIII, so add that one to list of items that shouldn't be upgraded (for now).
  • asmodicus#7179 asmodicus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is also happening to me whenever I try to equip a newly upgraded item.

Ticket #35193718
    edited September 2014
    Well it seems the bug reproduces itself whenever you right-click on a faded-out console, weapon, etc when you're at the ship selection menu (when said item is "equipped on a different ship). This is the 4th crash I've experienced today and each time I was doing the same thing above.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    yeah it happend a couple of times now after trying to drag & drop Mk XIII items from the inventory into a ship slot. Selecting the item via the "slot drop menu" seems to be the only way to prevent that from happening so far. I can't help it but it feels like testing a rushed out alpha version... :rolleyes:

Yup, exact same thing happened to me 5 times.
    edited September 2014
    Well nevermind about my last post; it just happened while left-clicking. Seems the enhanced items cause the crash period. :(
  • kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is happening whenever I right click and select "upgrade" on my equipped Neutronium console.
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It doesn't even have to be upgraded, just a 'new' item, even one that replaced an existing item you had when you started the upgrade process then cancelled it. Now my fleet tactical consoles can cause the crash when I equip them.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the info all. We're working on fixes.
    STO QA Team
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All I did was put my Elite Phaser DHC back on my ship and a complete game crash. They weren't even upgraded or anything. Took them off, then put them back on and splat!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited September 2014
    For the record, I have not upgraded any items what so ever. All my testing/crashing is the result of double clicking/drag and dropping items into and out of the upgrade menu.
  • mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow, I got a crash just TALKING to Lieutenant Shelby.
  • mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm... any time of item manipulations, involving upgrades or not, it highly likely to crash STO. I think I'll stop trying until the problems are fixed.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think I have a related issue with the MACO Shield:

I Have 2 MACO MK XII shields, I got the first one before the reputation system and i have it equiped on my big ship.

I got the second MACO MKXII shield from the reputation system an it is equiped on my shuttle.

However, If i try to update the old shield, i.e, the one i got from before the reputation system, the the stats on the tooltip remains the same, But, if I try to update the new shield, i.e. the one i got from the reputation system, the tooltip shows improved stats. :confused:

Then if i remove both shields from the ships, and then i try to equip the new one on my big ship, the game crashes
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Happened to me as well 2 times from the patch, one time after i slotted an upgraded omni directional disruptor beam into my contortrix and another time after i slotted an upgraded bioneural :(
  • heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't seem to nail down exactly how to cause it but I'm getting a lot of crashes when I mouse over faded-out items (ones that are equipped on other ships) in the ship selector. Sometimes it works, sometimes it shows like a blank template of an item, and other times it crashes the game.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • morphieus199morphieus199 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I upgraded my Elite shields before i investigated, now my scimitar has no shields because i crash..