test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rumor: Roberto Orci Wants to Reunite William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy for STAR TREK 3

neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
Nerdiest article

As the title says, how do you think they could do that, with Prime Kirk dead?

The only way I can see it is Chris Pine Kirk ages for some reason, and we get Shatner for a bit. :confused:
GwaoHAD.png
Post edited by neoakiraii on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Nerdiest article

The only way I can see it is Chris Pine Kirk ages for some reason, and we get Shatner for a bit. :confused:

I can totally see them making up something like Kirk through a technobabble means getting transported to the JJverse, where Dr. McNecromancer uses his tribble serum to bring Kirk back to life.

Now we just to explain why Kirk got so fat.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Far more likely they just bring Shatner in for a cameo.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    voporak wrote: »

Magical tribble blood makes transfusion recipients pregnant as well?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »

First of all, that was Khan's blood, not the tribble's. Second, mention Mpreg again and I will frakking reach through my screen and cut off your moQDu'. Gross.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    mention Mpreg again and I will frakking reach through my screen and cut off your moQDu'. Gross.

'cept thanks to ENT's pregnant Trip, it's canon... :D
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Flashback with Old Spock. Easy and simple. Plenty of time between Trek VI and Generations to fit it in.

Rumors are rumors, though.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds awesome, hope Orci doesn't bork up the script like he did for everything else he's ever done.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    'cept thanks to ENT's pregnant Trip, it's canon... :D

So's "Code of Honor". That doesn't mean it wasn't a stupid episode.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not only that, Kirk spawns more Kirks just as fast, resulting in thousands of Kirks. Pine, Shatner, Mignogna... everyone who has ever played Kirk is in on this one.

Oh yes.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So Orci leaves his gig Exec Producing the MMPR Film to try this? Please. Let Prime Kirk stay dead.

Thank you for the time....
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited September 2014
    Nerdiest article

Who says Shatner would have to be back as James T. Kirk? Why not have him back (possibly with a new wig...er, toupee) as one of alt-J.T.K's grandfathers? Then you only have to work out how to have both Shatner and Nimoy on the screen at the same time. Have the grandfather volunteering help to the Vulcan colony, or just have Spock Prime come visit his friend Jim, and encounter said grandfather at the same time.

Oooh boy...just realized there's also the Nexus ribbon. If that thing spans dimensions, this could get crazy.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Send New Kirk and Prime Spock to Nexus. Spock's desire to see his old friends will bring back Kirk in a sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would work if they just boot Generations out of canon, which I am totally fine with. Still, it will be just as bad for the reasons that made the last two trek movies bad.
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would enjoy the irony of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bill Shatner guest-stars as an Earth Security officer named T. J. Hooker. And Leonard Nimoy plays a member of a secretive organization that calls itself the Impossible Mission Force...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Bill Shatner guest-stars as an Earth Security officer named T. J. Hooker. And Leonard Nimoy plays a member of a secretive organization that calls itself the Impossible Mission Force...

Yes make this happen.

Alternatively, Nimoy can be a holographic country singer from the 20th Century:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk57tQmRw70
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think you guys are missing the bigger potential here.

J.J. Kirk and Spock age into Shatner and Nimoy. They ride off into the sunset together, wrapping up J.J.-verse TOS era by having the movie (for Star Trek's 50th) flash forward or actually span 50 years.

It will almost certainly be Kirk playing J.J.-verse Kirk as an older man and Nimoy playing J.J.-verse Spock this time.

Heck, I'd almost be willing to predict something like, say... This:

The movie opens with the death of Spock Prime and the birth of David Marcus (or probably David Marcus Kirk in the new timeline).

The movie ends 50 years later with David Marcus (who doesn't die and is saved from the Klingons) lecturing a group of students including one little 6 year old French boy with a British accent.

This allows us to pan over to Shatner and Nimoy as J.J.-verse Kirk and Spock who decide that David is plenty capable of handling his own destiny and that the galaxy is in good hands. They hop into a red matter ship and head off in search of other universes. The end.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think you guys are missing the bigger potential here.

J.J. Kirk and Spock age into Shatner and Nimoy. They ride off into the sunset together, wrapping up J.J.-verse TOS era by having the movie (for Star Trek's 50th) flash forward or actually span 50 years.

It will almost certainly be Kirk playing J.J.-verse Kirk as an older man and Nimoy playing J.J.-verse Spock this time.

Heck, I'd almost be willing to predict something like, say... This:

The movie opens with the death of Spock Prime and the birth of David Marcus (or probably David Marcus Kirk in the new timeline).

The movie ends 50 years later with David Marcus (who doesn't die and is saved from the Klingons) lecturing a group of students including one little 6 year old French boy with a British accent.

This allows us to pan over to Shatner and Nimoy as J.J.-verse Kirk and Spock who decide that David is plenty capable of handling his own destiny and that the galaxy is in good hands. They hop into a red matter ship and head off in search of other universes. The end.

Prime Spock should not die in the Abramsverse. He deserves to come home. Dammit, Kirk died in an unmarked grave in the future, I will not let another great officer die alone again!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Alternate reality Kirk. It's not like there are just the two timelines, they'd have an indefinite number to choose from. Maybe they can have an entire army of elderly Kirks. :)

If the rumour is true, I really wouldn't care how they did it. Shatner and Nimoy are both getting up there in years and it would be great to have them back as their Star Trek characters one more time.
  • Options
    viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mirror universe Kirk. :D
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited September 2014
    Mirror universe Kirk. :D

Emperor Tiberius? I could see that.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nerdiest article

thats an easy one, shatner doesnt care and never has about trek, nimoy is not to able to do any more filming due to his deteriorating health.
    these people can rumormonger all they like but shatner seems happy where he is and it would take a hefty paypacket to convince shatner on top of a lot of arm twisting. nimoy is in no position to try besides nimoy left Zachary the role of spock as his own rather then jumping on his feet about the role everytime, why change that?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just have Classic Spock investigating the Nexus to see if it would be possible to use it to return to the Classic Universe.

While doing so, incredibly, he finds out that it exists in all universes at the same point and time.

Upon further investigation he realizes that it's possible that Kirks' "Self" is probably still inside.

Using whatever device plot they want, they can have Spock go into the Nexus and retrieve Kirk with the help of the JJ-Trek crew.

Since the Nexus is a "doorway" to all universes at once, they can both eventually end up back in the classic timeline.

Of course there will be some thing or one that will try to stop them, which will be the crux of the movie.

When Picard went in to find Kirk, he talked to a "Self" of Guinan, so there is already a precedence for this.

BTW: Badass Digest was the original site that broke this on Monday.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Prime Spock should not die in the Abramsverse. He deserves to come home. Dammit, Kirk died in an unmarked grave in the future, I will not let another great officer die alone again!

Well, Spock Prime transfers his katra to JJ Spock and returns to the Prime Universe in JJ Spock's (aged) body after years in the JJ verse and he takes aged JJ Kirk (played by Shatner) back to the Prime Universe with him. :-)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I can totally see them making up something like Kirk through a technobabble means getting transported to the JJverse, where Dr. McNecromancer uses his tribble serum to bring Kirk back to life.

They've already given Kirk a way to be anywhere/anytime when he was in the nexus, but Nimoy is a bit harder to write into ST3. Maybe they could get Spock into the nexus too with a flashback to something Kirk did in the nexus, eh ?

:)
    Canon fodder
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You complained about J.J. Abrams? Just wait and see what Orci can do unsupervised!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    You complained about J.J. Abrams? Just wait and see what Orci can do unsupervised!

I think STO's writing ("Let's ally with the Kazon, who are suddenly effective! Yay!"), as bad as it can be (magic nanite torps kill Undine, but there's only 1...:rolleyes:), is several orders of magnitude better than an unsupervised Orci.
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would love to see him back.. And wash that bad taste of Generations out of my mouth.. But realistically Nimoy is not really in the best of condition to do it one more time.. Perhaps some voice work but that is it..