test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are there any other 1 avatar people out there?

13»

Comments

• Options
    fleetsolvanguardfleetsolvanguard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1 captain i play [3:59] [System] Keith has been on active duty for 471 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes, 56 seconds.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a level 30ish KDF Female Tac that I hardly ever play anymore. I keep her in my short stack of PC's (Player Characters, or Toons, as some may call them).

I also have a level 50 FED Female Tac who used to be my one and only. She replaced a FED Tac Male toon I had from before Star Trek Online was completely wide open to anyone who wanted to buy a Recurring/Non-Recurring Subscription. He got lost in one of those big Season Updates...as they used to be called. I don't know if Cryptic still follows that binomial nomenclature.

And then of course, I have my Main Player Character: Vice Admiral Tanis Darkstar, Tactical Officer, Level 50, Commander of the Romulan Republic Warbird (RRW) GUNSTAR, :rolleyes:
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    massflyermassflyer Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I only use one character as well. I started a second to go the Sci route but lost interest in him and went back to my first guy. He does have all of the cannon ships so I can relive moments from all of the different series when I feel the urge.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got only one character. Got no time to create, manage and play other characters.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I constantly have between 13 and 16 alts - deleting some if I do not like them. I have the 3 which I play all the time: my original Fed Eng, Fed Tac, and Fed Sci. The rest of my alts are played randomly and for different reasons. One of my alts has only ever done Foundry missions after the Tutorial. Another of my alts has only leveled via Doffing. One alt leveled only doing Exploration and Patrol missions. I try to mix it up between characters.

While I would not consider myself a role-player - I do not walk around my ship pretending to talk to crew or saying 'make it so' to no one - I do try to give my characters back-stories and imagine them as individuals doing the content. So, for example, I have a Fed Liberated Borg captain named Ahab who is obsessed with destroying the Borg: his white whale. I have a Fed Klingon captain whose whole team is part of Section 31. They go in and do the jobs the Federation cannot do - that guy is really looking forward to the Phantom Class. By playing different motivations it gives things a slightly different feel.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have identity crisis sometimes …
    P58WJe7.jpg