Comments

• stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

(Off topic)

Can I be your evil minion please????
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gold doesn't make you a good tester, how many times do I have to say that?

No one said anything about that. It's too limit how much of the playerbase has access to it so it doesn't hurt plays when it reaches holodeck. And I'm willing to bet money that the average gold player would make a better tester than the average free player. But again that isn't the issue. And if anyone wants to test they can easily sub for a month.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    No one said anything about that. It's too limit how much of the playerbase has access to it so it doesn't hurt plays when it reaches holodeck. And I'm willing to bet money that the average gold player would make a better tester than the average free player. But again that isn't the issue. And if anyone wants to test they can easily sub for a month.

Not anymore...

It's all or nothing on Subscriptions... they haven't offered Monthly's Since around Season 8
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Not anymore...

It's all or nothing on Subscriptions... they haven't offered Monthly's Since around Season 8

Really? Cause this page seems to suggest otherwise. And so does the subscription page when I go to reactivate it.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Not anymore...

Ummmm....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3027003
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

Why would I pay Cryptic money to test something I don't agree with? I mean that's the common comeback for you guys and it still doesn't make any sense.

Granted I don't want to start another gold vs silver argument, not like anyone offers proper arguments often in these forums anyway, but frankly very few people in this game test well anyway regardless of what level of sub they are.

I think out of all the games I know about, Cryptic handles testing the worst by far.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    ;)

Your statistics are baseless and false.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCrjLVSapII
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I am confused... is this playground active on Holodeck or only on Tribble?

I read that it is geared towards players lvl 54... does that mean the cap has been raised in this latest patch?

Curious Klingons want to know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    ;)

Your statistics are baseless and false.

Please highlight any statistic that I used. I didn't. And I clearly worded my bet about gold vs free feedback as an opinion. If you are referring to why the devs have locked out free players, they have said it themselves on the forum. Thanks for playing.
    Why would I pay Cryptic money to test something I don't agree with? I mean that's the common comeback for you guys and it still doesn't make any sense.

Why would you want to do it for free either? That doesn't make sense. It makes sense for us to say it because that's what it costs. It doesn't make sense to expect things for free. Chewbacca is a Wookie that lives on Endor. It just doesn't make sense.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Kobali are under attack. The only thing standing between them and total annihilation is the Alpha Quadrant Alliance. Can you save the Kobali and discover the mysteries of their homeworld? (...)
    I can hear it now...
    * Federation, Romulan and Klingon alliance ships battle in Kobali space.
    * The Kobali "allow" their presence.

But the Kobali Ambassador is adamant on this point:
    "You may NOT enter Kobali space to collect your dead. We will... inter them for you."

I can see an interesting Foundry mission being developed from this. (Hopefully without copying the VOY episode which introduced the Kobali.)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Oh no, the Kobali are being attacked by the evil empire of [Redacted] ! :eek::P:D
    I'm not saying it's the Vaadwaur, but....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ground wars don't mate a ton of sense in trek. if your ship is at the planet, you have air, er, orbital superiority. any enemy troops you couldn't just beam into a volcano, could probably be very accurately taken out by a light phaser shot from orbit. limited away team engagements are 1 thing, but fighting off an invasion?

Any war/combat will have ground troops. Look at the modern military. They have "smart" bombs, guided missiles, drones, etc. And they still have to use troops to take them out. So even our modern warfare is still no different.

There is no way to escape it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This^^. The last thing we need is Holodeck becoming a ghost town again. I'd love to test this stuff out as a silver member but it's not worth the loss of fellow fleet members etc. while we're trying to get things done.

Also, why want the spoilers? Just sit back and wait for all the good things (apart from those god awful T6 ships) and experience them to the full instead of half baked beta versions.

You know what they say... Patience is a Virtue and Good Things Come to Those Who Wait! :)

Some people want to know if the expansion is worth playing or has the game ran it's course for them after all the false promises from Cryptic I am waiting for the expansion to see if it is really worth staying or looking for another game.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not saying it's the Vaadwaur, but....

No it's the Talaxians who are attacking. When Neelix left Voyager he secretly took all its schematics with him. They were able to build a replica of Voyager and then another one . Now the Talaxian Empire is slowly conquering the quadrant. And emperor Neelix is their powerful leader! :eek:
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Own the day!
    P58WJe7.jpg

• mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, I rather HELP exterminate them.
    Yeah. They seem to be the Borg's goto-species for new queens, so we should definitely let them be wiped out. :D
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Captains,

The topic of this thread is the announcement of the Kobali Adventure Zone. Please stay on topic.

This is not the thread for discussing Cryptic's testing policies. You are welcome to start a new thread on that topic if you like.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not really fond of the Kobali, but I'm not fond of any of the Delta quadrant stuff VOY came up with. Their culture and unique characteristic also make absolutely no sense, but whatever. I did however like the ground battlezone before and I hope this will be fun again, hopefully going with some decent rep gear. I would however like to point out that the rifle the person in the announcement op-report is holding is way to friggin' huge!. Would you, cryptic, please start to scale down your ground weapons a little bit? Why does everyone have to tug around a gun that's bigger than their torso?
    ground wars don't mate a ton of sense in trek. if your ship is at the planet, you have air, er, orbital superiority. any enemy troops you couldn't just beam into a volcano, could probably be very accurately taken out by a light phaser shot from orbit. limited away team engagements are 1 thing, but fighting off an invasion?

I agree. What we saw in canon in TOS ("Arena"), during the Dominion War and to an extend in the Voth Battlezone in STO were small squad based skirmishes fighting for key position. This makes total sense, as you will eventually need to get personal there to establish a hold. What large-scale battles on a planet surface would look like is, in my opinion, better illustrated in the "Atmosphere Assault" mission in STO - ground forces would simply get taken out by shuttlecraft (which are vastly superior to any form of fighter craft we know today and also completely substitute for any kind of ground vehicle, as much as people want so see humvees in STO ;) ).

It remains to be seen how that battlezone will work. If we have two lines clashing like in a bad Star Wars sequel or Warhammer 40k I would call BS, though would not be surprised since, well, as with the ship designs Cryptic needs to get fans of other franchises enticed to play this game and thus "borrows" (*cough*) from other games and movies quite a lot.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited September 2014
    szim wrote: »
    No it's the Talaxians who are attacking. When Neelix left Voyager he secretly took all its schematics with him. They were able to build a replica of Voyager and then another one . Now the Talaxian Empire is slowly conquering the quadrant. And emperor Neelix is their powerful leader! :eek:
    Well, I lolled. :D

It does look like it'll be a fun place to explore.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited September 2014
    Now add a OpenPvP Zone to it and it could be awesome.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sounds to me like another defera and i am pretty sure that all the "content unlike anything they’ve seen in Star Trek Online" is just a mix of stuff we already know

*yawn*
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to throw out yet another request for cross-faction teaming, at least in adventure zone / battlezone areas. It really helps those of us who do play our KDF characters to be able to play with our friends who don't.
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Another dilithium grinding zone. IM IN!
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Captains,

The topic of this thread is the announcement of the Kobali Adventure Zone. Please stay on topic.

This is not the thread for discussing Cryptic's testing policies. You are welcome to start a new thread on that topic if you like.

Did that really require deleting my post?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So....are we going to have to defend our KIAs, as well as fight on behalf of our new "friends"? :eek:
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zeratk wrote: »
    Now add a OpenPvP Zone to it and it could be awesome.

there is a PvPvE ground zone as well...
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited September 2014
    there is a PvPvE ground zone as well...

@Kobali-Homeworld? :eek:
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
    edited September 2014
    zeratk wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he means Otha.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm pretty sure he means Otha.

that, i assumed the OP was complaining about the lack of a ker'rat style ground zone