test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Kobali Adventure Zone

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm, single player story missions in a zone like this? Sounds like New Romulus, and I for one cannot wait!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds cool. I am cautiously optimistic.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Neat! So is it safe to assume the new zone will reward marks for the new rep?
    captaind3 wrote: »
    First of all how the HELL does a species like that evolve?

I really hope Cryptic answers this.
  • luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome your new compulsory Bridge officer for the Delta Quadrant: Tovan Kobali Khev
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ground wars don't mate a ton of sense in trek. if your ship is at the planet, you have air, er, orbital superiority. any enemy troops you couldn't just beam into a volcano, could probably be very accurately taken out by a light phaser shot from orbit. limited away team engagements are 1 thing, but fighting off an invasion?

Transporter inhibitors, force fields, dampening fields, planetary shielding, sensor jammers... need I to go on?
    There are many things in Trek being able to effectively rule out orbital support.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It makes me think of Nimbus, where you have a storyline you follow and timed events. I'd much prefer it be a cross between New Romulus and the Dyson Sphere, though.
    luddimus wrote: »
    Welcome your new compulsory Bridge officer for the Delta Quadrant: Tolan Kobali Khev

Only if that means we can kill him twice.
  • drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe one day we get 8 Boffs and 2 Captains! :D

Good start though on making this happen, what fun! :)

Now to figure out who to take...probably my most eager Red Shirts! :cool:
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Kobali are under attack. The only thing standing between them and total annihilation is the Alpha Quadrant Alliance. Can you save the Kobali and discover the mysteries of their homeworld? The latest dev blog by Content Designer, Sean "Commander Ander" McCann shows off this amazing new zone to explore!

Read more about it here!

~LaughingTrendy

I also like the designs of these maps.

Does the map turn night and day?

I am willing to say that the Kobali map design beats New Romulous.

Very nicely done.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My money's on the 3rd Borg Dynasty invading.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks really good.

If this is anything like 'New Romulus' I will be a very happy Starfish. :)
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm looking forward to landing on Kobal and meeting the Kobali. Maybe even Jhet'leya (post-mortem Lyndsay Ballard) is going to be there as well?
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They've already explained why they are only allowing gold players to test because of what happened during the last expansion. It makes perfect sense too. So get over it or become gold.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sound great, So basically Nimbus meets the Dyson sphere ground battlezone , with a new race and enemy?

Count me in with those looking forward to it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    They've already explained why they are only allowing gold players to test because of what happened during the last expansion. It makes perfect sense too. So get over it or become gold.

This^^. The last thing we need is Holodeck becoming a ghost town again. I'd love to test this stuff out as a silver member but it's not worth the loss of fellow fleet members etc. while we're trying to get things done.

Also, why want the spoilers? Just sit back and wait for all the good things (apart from those god awful T6 ships) and experience them to the full instead of half baked beta versions.

You know what they say... Patience is a Virtue and Good Things Come to Those Who Wait! :)
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Too much "content" like these raids are why I don't play SWTOR anymore.

Don't fall into the "Raids Iz Good" mentality of most (declining) MMO's.

I'm a Casual player, you know from the group that makes up the highest percentage of players.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not sure how I feel about protecting the grave-diggers Kobali.. it'd make more sense if it was the Talaxians or something... but since last story mission hinted at helping those.. *shrug*

The idea is nice, the species we are to fight for.. not as appealing.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, the trenches. What will they be used for exactly...also, will there be ground vehicles in this adventure zone? It kind of makes sense considering that there's an energy pulse/projectile striking the city's shield in the announcement trailer (unless that's a mortar shell).
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    This stood out above everything else. Thank you for tweaking this. I assume this will apply to New Romulus and Dyson ground zones as well?

Dyson ground already has this the romulan ground zone does not need it as it is not as challenging as the Dyson or this new ground Adventure Zone
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh this looks sweet. I will try this out to see how I like it. If a story is there as you progressed, I will be all over it. This is one way to get me to do zones like this.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »

Gold doesn't make you a good tester, how many times do I have to say that?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking good Devs, Looking good indeed. I was hopeing we would get a new adventure zone. I only wish we got to drive Argo's "Halo style". Still a month until Exp. 2. Changes can be made. (Fingers Crossed).
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome your new compulsory Bridge officer for the Delta Quadrant: Tovan Kobali Khev

God, even in death he comes back... wait a minute... If I die down here... these aliens arn't going to turn me into one of them are they?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We need the Vori Battlezone from VOY: Nemesis
    The nemesis has nullified mine and ours in the before, and will in the now. But in the soonafter, we'll send them flying from this sphere and go back to our sisters and mothers.

j/k

Nice Ground Adventure Zone. I was hoping for one like New Romulus and Defera after we had two Space Zones now. So cheers!

Also I hope there are non-combat elements in this zone like on New Romulus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Hmmm, single player story missions in a zone like this? Sounds like New Romulus, and I for one cannot wait!
    I had glossed over that part, awesome.

But will they be tied to the rep?

That would be a high level troll. Let people finally kill Tovan Khev only to replace him with a Kobali version :D
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Transporter inhibitors, force fields, dampening fields, planetary shielding, sensor jammers... need I to go on?
    There are many things in Trek being able to effectively rule out orbital support.

The fact that there is a ground battle at all kind of implies that all of those already failed though.

Transporter inhibitors can easily TRIBBLE with your own troop movements, planetary shielding would have to be breached in order to get ground troops at all and then the ground forces would be trying to eliminate that so they could bring their own spaceborne firepower to bear.

Any force field mobile enough to move with your troops likely isn't gonna have the power to withstand a starship's firepower, it would be equivalent to a shuttle.

Sensor jammers would only work so well on the ground. Basically all the enemy would have to do from space is aim at the source of the jamming. You're not going to eradicate their map, as long as they have your coordinates they can fire.

The only major or minor ground battles seen in Star Trek were situations where there were no ships to provide fire support. The Siege of AR-558, the fight on Torga IV, the battle of Ajilon Prime, the battle on the planet in Rocks and Shoals. The same could be inferred of the Battle of Cestus in the original series.

That said, this is actually a valid argument on both sides and the kind of thing that would go back and forth the same way cloaking technology and sensor technology do.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Siege of AR-558

This is a good example of how all the Tech is useless and you still need to beam down and fight man-vs-man in an old fashioned way.

So all the "Orbital ruling" is invalid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yay for options! Yay for boffs! Yay for story missions and bonus rewards that are solo able.

Very much looking forward to this.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why would anyone bother to test anything on Tribble?....

Feedback gets ignored (Tacofangs admitted that player feedback or input wasn't needed or desired by Cryptic),bugs aren't fixed till well after the patch goes live,any (economy) changes that are bad for the player will go through regardless,there are no more 'test rewards',and once you are done grinding..uhm..'testing' on Tribble,you get to do it all over again on the live server....

There is zero incentive to log on to Tribble....
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Feedback gets ignored (Tacofangs admitted that player feedback or input wasn't needed or desired by Cryptic),bugs aren't fixed till well after the patch goes live,any (economy) changes that are bad for the player will go through regardless,there are no more 'test rewards',and once you are done grinding..uhm..'testing' on Tribble,you get to do it all over again on the live server....

There were some exceptions too. During lor the devs tried to alter eptx abilites which would prevent 100% uptime + something else which i forget. Also the d'deridix was supposed to get nearly the same stats as the galaxy. After a lot of playerfeedback the devs decided to give it a dual lt com ( sci and tac ) since the galaxy was able to do many different tasks, the d'd would be capable to do the same. That's why people decided it should both a lt com tac and sci and devs listened.

Wow...since when i am defending cryptic.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

Yeah... Seems it's been a few years since you've been on Tribble and I'm not sure which Tacovian you have been talking too but it's not our Supreme Taco Overlord... Cause you are extremely mistaken on all fronts.