What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove PvP in STO now.

Comments

• Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Couldn't care less about it, if it goes PvPer's whinge, if it stays they whinge,gets updated they whinge, gets nerfed they well, whinge. It's just a useless spiteful a bratty waste of game space that could be used for more useful achievements really. :rolleyes:

If this thread goes to hell, please remember who fired the first shot.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Insert mouse-minded rant here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

That would be all.

Thank you and do not come again.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If this game did not have ''Star Trek'' IP i would have not played it at all, besides is there other ''Star Trek'' MMO's where u can PvP at?...

Yes i think alot of ppl knows how flawed STO Dev's mindset is, with them being Pro-federation, Anti-KDF and Anti-PvP... and if they do remove PvP in this game me and alot of other players would no longer will be playing this game at all...

While i disagree with the OP about removing PvP from the game, but i will agree the Dev's are totally incompetent when it comes to balancing Factions which clearly Cryptic is being bias towards the Feds while treating the KDF like cr@p throughout the years and making the once great Romulan Star Empire and turning them into fake Romulan Puppet's Republic Sub-faction...

I do agree that ending the Klingon-Federation War is a Dev's conspiracy so they will have a excuse to not work on any future PvP content.. like Systems PvP that they did mention years ago and a potential Battlezone PvP... in fact the Dev's say alot of things they gonna add to PvP, and did they apply them in the game NO... if u think that Cross Factions PvP and Shuttle PvP are really upgrades to PvP then ur mind is just as dead as the Dev's when it comes to PvP Content.

Tell us more about this "conspiracy" of which you speak.

No really. Don't hold back now.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    rubystarsrubystars Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is going to ramble a bit. Bear with me. You may not like what I'm going to say here, but I feel a screaming need to say it.

I'm a gamer..

Thanks for reading... All done.

Cleaned up the autism for you.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can I have your stuff?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    tinnytimpstinnytimps Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Thanks for having a (so far) rational discussion. It's much appreciated. When I saw the title, I was expecting a disaster.

I have rarely ever PvP'ed myself and I doubt I'll ever be hardcore PvP, but I still wouldn't want to see it stripped out of the game. That's my own personal opinion.

Just don't mention anything about T6 Ships and the qq will keep at bay. :cool:
    3c81e718a1.jpg
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Tsk Tsk Khemaraa. I'm telling Krueg on you.
    :mad:

...ya know I still have SFC2 installed, waiting for Dyna to come back to life ?

Holy TRIBBLE, so many old names here.

<---- Sirgod , and yes, I remember the Blue Plague fondly. Now all we need is Dizzy to show up , along with Kroma, and it will have that old SFC feel to the thread.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    ahilles7ahilles7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    It looks even further away than Star Citizen.

http://www.stbc2.net/

But built on the same mechanics of the original. Sim style not some complicated arcade version like STO.

Don't know will it be created considering funding ended in 22nd of August and they failed with pledges.:(
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gardat wrote: »
    Tell us more about this "conspiracy" of which you speak.

No really. Don't hold back now.

Cryptic's actions speaks louder than words.... what content thats really updated in PvP?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE, so many old names here.

<---- Sirgod , and yes, I remember the Blue Plague fondly. Now all we need is Dizzy to show up , along with Kroma, and it will have that old SFC feel to the thread.

Wow, I haven't talk to Dizzy in a dogs age, but a few of the old XC guys are in our fed fleet. I dunno if we have a page up for them but the KDF side is still up. http://kbf.enjin.com/members

Good to see ya again.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    had to

get rid of that stupid red, sorry, hard to read it

as to what content?

tell me what content they have released in the say... last 2-3 years, has been needed for completion in record time of pve content? (ships, traits, doffs, reps, etc )

generally, for mmo's, you get new gear to get you up to par with what is the new expansion, so you can farm that new dungeon, handle those new zones, etc

so... what in pve needs a backstep? a nukara mine? hell, anything really? what of this gear, abilities, and ships has REALLY made a difference in completing ANY stf or story mission

cause from where im sitting, NONE of it is needed, required, OR even makes a huge enough difference in the outcome or completion time of ANY stf or story mission

so from my point of view, only folks putting any of this stuff through the motions, or heavy use (or lack there of- looking at you tet set from the lobi store) IS the PVPERS

ok here i will use KDF orange instead... :D

My question is basically sarcasm, since alot of PvE'ers seem to defend the Dev's actions when it comes to PvP, like PvE'ers claiming that Shuttles PvP and Cross Factions PvP are really updates which is a full of $h*t.

I don't much waste time in PvE unless is just farming for Dilithium which is no longer something u can do in PvP due to Geko's Anti-PvP stance with them nerfing PvP rewards months ago...

Cryptic says alot of things like they ''might'' and sometimes ''gonna'' add PvP maps and rewards like possible PvP Battlezones, PvP Systems Maps, revamp or convert some PvE maps into PvP maps and not to mention a possible PvP Rep System.... all which were mention by dev's that they gonna do for the future in Blogs and Podcast thoughout the years... and in the End, their excuses afterwards is ''Sorry Guys, Wait for new PvP Content next Season!''

Edit: Many of those things u mention like Gear, Ships, DOff's, etc. that many say were intended for pvp i doubt that was the case, the Dev's made massive amounts of stuff which most are not useful for PvP at all and the ones that seemed made for PvP are the ones used for PvP by veterans, i doubt its Cryptic sincere design to make stuff for PvP players.
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    redz4tw wrote: »
    DDIS, i've heard a lot about you, and haven't noticed you on the forums for a while, i'm curious, are you in a fleet, if so what fleet, and would you want to take a look at a few of my builds and give me advice :D tyvm
    -Fan of yours.

1.) Make sure your ship can slot dual a2b
    2.) Run dual a2b

You're welcome.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited September 2014
    sad thing is if pvp was removed

90% or more of the player base would not even notice it was gone

That alone says how bad it is

would be 99% of my fleet, 4 or 5 of us out of 500 check on pvp at least in the forums once a week or so

SFC...........That was star trek pvp
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OP like you old school, but I don't play the PVP - player vs player. There are games online that forces you too do PVP, but in STO it's option. Lets keep it an option for those who enjoy playing PVP. I'll stick with PVE - player vs enemy. But not your fellow player. To me you never know what your up against with PVP or what they got UTH - under the hood of that star ship they want you to go up against.

Take care OP! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    2.) Run dual a2b

You're welcome.

By that logic the galaxy R should own face in pvp :P
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    With all due respect to the OP, there has never ever been a game that did Star Trek ship combat better than STO, I have played them all, when they originally came out, because guess what OP you are only 10 years older than I am. I don't give a half a TRIBBLE one way or the other about PVP, either in this game or any other game.;

ROFL

I'm sure you think you played them all but your comment screams something else. I can agree no other game looks as good in combat than STO, but I can't agree the game mechanics are anywhere near the best ever.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    good call on the orange, very easy to read,

doubt it or not, its all perspective

thing I know is that AMS is not used in pve annnnnddd in pvp it is used
    Temporal Backstep is a huge console used often in pvp and in pve?... not- half dont even click the silly thing during an stf
    TIF, used in pvp to huge effect, tif used in pve- forgetable

and we could go on and on, so my point is- who uses what, who needs what, and whos gets the most out of what

and its pvpers

not pvers

SO, if all the last 3 years worth of garbage, ships, consoles, doffs, traits, AVERYTING! is getting used the most by pvpers, put to WORK where its effects and abilities ACTUALLY make a difference, well hell I say,

cryptic makes stuff for pvpers NOT for the pvers

but its all a certain point of view:)

We can agree to disagree... ;)

I will agree that us PvP'ers put to use of content that came out over the years in STO to extreme effective use and exploit them when compared to PvE players fighting inferior AI thingys. but the fact is there's lots and lots of content which most of them have no use in PvP whatsoever. and out of those massive amounts of ships, DOff's, traits, consoles, etc. sooner or later some of them will have stats thats suitable for PvP... let's take Ramming Speed DOff's for an example which is a effective PvP Doff's (most likely intended for PvE), i've seen many players use who use this DOff's intentially allow enemy players to damage them so they can use ramming speed to destroy them in 1 hit with their full shields and hull without taking damage to themselfs when doing this... no other Dev's in other MMO's would allow such a thing for thier PvP.

But i will disagree Cryptic that makes stuff for PvP'ers, since over the years they did virtually almost to nothing to add to the dynamic's to PvP gameplay... PvP Ground is still broken, all the maps have not been updated at all, which many are just old and obsolete and there's no revamp or new maps in sight. in the other hand Cryptic keeps releasing new PvE maps ''ALL'' the time even when people is not playing most of them and yet nearly all of them got far better rewards than what u can get from PvP maps... lack thereof.

While it seems Cryptic does make content for PvP, in reality i think it they spit out soo much minor content that they try to make things unique from each other instead of make cut n paste stats from other things, which is why we ended up with some stuff are more useful in pvp, others in pve, amd theres alot of end game stuff out there thats totally useless in both PvP and PvE and theres many that are totally cheaply powerful... but like i said i don't think Cryptic make stuff for PvP, they just make up stuff because they ran out of ideas from the influx of stuff they realease... and when it comes down to actions it's clearly that PvE is their only focus not PvP.
  • Options
    spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Someone wanted to start an argument...

Here I was given to believe that you could remove PvP from the game just by not flying into kerrat.

I guess there is somehow more to it than that?

Removing the ques, which can be done by not entering them.

Oh, and disabling challenges, which, I am guessing based on knowing OP, he gets spammed with based on his completely unlikeable personality of being a known perv, ERPist, and demanding douche.

But, given how little time he spends actually spends playing vs disgusting other players, I suspect he's unaware of how to switch those off as well in privacy settings.
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    2.) Run dual a2b

You're welcome.

New step 3 with DR! Slot Delta rep deflector for lolz.
This discussion has been closed.