Install Arc
Options

Mirror Universe Borg?

13»

Comments

• Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I thought the Borg were one of the multiverse's "constants" - always the same regardless of which universe you happen to be in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It seems unlikely that there was a Mirror Voyager since there was no Mirror Starfleet at that point and Tuvok was hanging out on Bajor.
    Maybe Voyager's counterpart was a Galor captained by Seska? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe Voyager's counterpart was a Galor captained by Seska? :P

That would be amusing, especially if the Maquis were servants aboard it.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    I thought the Borg were one of the multiverse's "constants" - always the same regardless of which universe you happen to be in...

My thinking as well. Totally neutral, so they are not good in one universe & evil in another. If they were evil they would have assimilated every race they came in contact with, just just some.
  • Options
    spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The borg were created on Caprica by a father trying to save his daughter from a virtual reality program :-P
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    spike74656 wrote: »
    The borg were created on Caprica by a father trying to save his daughter from a virtual reality program :-P

*reads spike's comment*

*reacts appropriately*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It seems unlikely that there was a Mirror Voyager since there was no Mirror Starfleet at that point and Tuvok was hanging out on Bajor.

I think one of the books had Kes and Neelix escaping the destruction of the Ocampa by flinging themselves to the Alpha Quadrant with the Caretaker's array. Which would mean those cave-aliens the Kazon have crazy advanced technology in the MU having scavenged it. Galactic Commonwealth, get ready to meet your new masters in the next MU book series: Maj Cullah and his merry men.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Destiny novels were silly bull****.

but at least we got a nice ship out of the thing.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, but in TNG all French guys sound like Patrick Stewart, AKA very very British.

Translation Convention coupled with the real life tendency for French-born fluent English-speakers to speak it with a British accent. They're a hell of a lot closer to Britain than the United States, after all.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also what if the Borg in the MU are more like their original appearance?

Less focused on Assimilation and more focused on gaining data, I don't even remember the early versions of the borg even really noticing the organics, they went straight for the Main Engineering Computer interface
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The borg as a good guys? I can not imagine this.
  • Options
    antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Also what if the Borg in the MU are more like their original appearance?

Less focused on Assimilation and more focused on gaining data, I don't even remember the early versions of the borg even really noticing the organics, they went straight for the Main Engineering Computer interface

That's what I was thinking. It fits with what that guy was saying earlier in the thread about them not assimilating other species for the fist 100000 years or so. They started just trying to achieve perfection through assimilating technology then one day they assimilated someone's technology (my guess is the Kobali) that allowed them to combine their technology with assimilating species completely. So from then on that became their goal.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    antzudan wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. It fits with what that guy was saying earlier in the thread about them not assimilating other species for the fist 100000 years or so. They started just trying to achieve perfection through assimilating technology then one day they assimilated someone's technology (my guess is the Kobali) that allowed them to combine their technology with assimilating species completely. So from then on that became their goal.

Find "Species 2" and you find the culprit.
  • Options
    morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm with whoever said the Mirrorverse Borg probably hadn't made it to the Alpha Quadrant b/c Q Who didn't happen. I can't say where I'd fall on the "nature of the mirrorverse" conversation, because really I think both a bad universe or just bad humans would fit what we've seen of that universe.

And as for the argument the Borg knew about the planet in the 22nd Century, they were in Enterprise because of time travel in First Contact which would not have happened without Q Who.

You can reference the nvoels all you like, but as people have said before, STO has blatantly contradicted them and I'm glad. I am so glad, because the idea the Borg came from Starfleet just undermines so much of the Star Trek theme, which is that the Federation which came together through cooperation and teamwork is ultimately a force for good. It's one thing to have the mistakes like the Augments and Section 31 and other failings that are outweighed by the good stuff, its another to have them responsible for one of the most destructive forces in the galaxy. A species that would have run amok and destroyed everything if not for the Federation. It would mean not only have they not brought more good into the Alpha Quadrant than they've brought bad, they've caused a great deal of trouble in the Delta Quadrant.

I refuse to accept any explanation that traces the Borg back to the Federation or even just the humans and thankfully, humans are Species 5618 which is lower than Vulcans and Ferengi, so yeah. Not a factor in their evolution.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think mirror borg would give away all thier technology rather than assimilate it.

"Your culture as you know it has ended, you will accept our technological upgrades, you will explore the galaxy, resistance is futile."
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Without doubt the "mirror" borg are friendly monks :D
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aren't Mirror Borg just a bunch of technology-hating hippies?

:confused:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime