test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Quadrant Klingons

vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Greetings all,

With all the talk about the Delta Quadrant, i have seen no one mention the Klingon's from Voyager that were left on a planet. Population at the time was 204 Klingon's, can we speculate that they are still alive and thriving on that planet they were left on? What kinda of balance does that create with Alpha Quadrant Klingon's vs. Delta Quadrant Klingon's?

Cheers,

F
Post edited by vfpfyasko1 on

Comments

• Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Kuvah'magh whom they worship is a Starfleet officer. I'm sure they would like to see her as well as confirm the peace between the Federation and the Empire.
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2nd empire...

made a post about this 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    With all the talk about the Delta Quadrant, i have seen no one mention the Klingon's from Voyager that were left on a planet. Population at the time was 204 Klingon's, can we speculate that they are still alive and thriving on that planet they were left on? What kinda of balance does that create with Alpha Quadrant Klingon's vs. Delta Quadrant Klingon's?
    Well someone obviously hasn't been paying enough attention. ;)

There have been a few posts already about them, and (I think) two other topics too. Still, I'm not sure if we'll get to see them. I can't imagine they'd have much in the way of a space travel, let alone a fleet in the short time they've been around on their new planet. It's much more likely they're just building up their civilization.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

There have been a few posts already about them, and (I think) two other topics too. Still, I'm not sure if we'll get to see them. I can't imagine they'd have much in the way of a space travel, let alone a fleet in the short time they've been around on their new planet. It's much more likely they're just building up their civilization.

I'm sure there is a good story episode to be had there, but as you say the numbers are too small to have much of an impact on the overall KDF presence in the Delta Quadrant.

OTOH the Vor'Kang Klingons are a great example of how badass the Klinks are overall; they got to the Delta Quadrant in a 23rd-century ship, the long way round...
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Delta Quadrant Kingons are called Kazon. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, given that klingons do have a lifespan of at least 120+, it stands to reason we could actually find the first and second generation klingon children over there.

And if they went and bred with other races in the sector...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Well, given that klingons do have a lifespan of at least 120+, it stands to reason we could actually find the first and second generation klingon children over there.

How could they? They don't have warp capable ships...

Even with whatever supplies Voyager could spare, they would still have to build the tech to get antimatter for warp cores, wich in turn requires something like a LHC, that in turn requires electronics (or the 24'th century equivalent) that in turn requires manufacturing machines, that in turn requires tools, that in turn requires manufacturi... you get the picture.

Best case scenario: They are stuck on that planet untill we go there, worst case, they are stuck there for good.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    The Delta Quadrant Kingons are called Kazon. :rolleyes:

That sir is an insult to Klingons everywhere.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That sir is an insult to Klingons everywhere.

In that case: Klingons are a sub-species of Kazon.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Those Klingons are halfway across the DQ from the Nekrit Expanse, so I don't see how they can fit in, so I really don't know how they can reach them, though Neelix is supposed to be in DR
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

Unfortunately i have been away for the last 3 months, it is called working overseas. So, it is a little hard to pay attention as you have stated. But thank you!

Could you provide a link to those threads, i cant seem to find them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    staq16 wrote: »
    I'm sure there is a good story episode to be had there, but as you say the numbers are too small to have much of an impact on the overall KDF presence in the Delta Quadrant.

OTOH the Vor'Kang Klingons are a great example of how badass the Klinks are overall; they got to the Delta Quadrant in a 23rd-century ship, the long way round...

I think that some good story's could come from it, as well what happens when Alpha Quadrant meet Delta Quadrant that left behind the old empire that lost its way?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    Greetings all,

Cheers,

F

They should appear as Rebel Klingons and be our enemy in the game so we can finally have something to shoot at to get the damn ground accolade.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »

Good point, also from what we saw in Voyager they had alot of children and id like to see how that group came out and were they are, i cant see how they could have done much with 204 people over 30yrs, perhaps a population of 1000 but not much in advancements but what happens if and when the Alpha Quadrant run into the Delta Quadrant Klingons?
    anazonda wrote: »
    How could they? They don't have warp capable ships...

Even with whatever supplies Voyager could spare, they would still have to build the tech to get antimatter for warp cores, wich in turn requires something like a LHC, that in turn requires electronics (or the 24'th century equivalent) that in turn requires manufacturing machines, that in turn requires tools, that in turn requires manufacturi... you get the picture.

Best case scenario: They are stuck on that planet untill we go there, worst case, they are stuck there for good.

Again, another good point. The Alpha Quadrant Klingon;'s have to know about Klingon's in the Delta Quadrant and would they show up and for what purpose? A new home-world for the Klingon's in the DQ?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »
    Those Klingons are halfway across the DQ from the Nekrit Expanse, so I don't see how they can fit in, so I really don't know how they can reach them, though Neelix is supposed to be in DR

Well he does have some motivation to head back the way he came (ie. his home planet).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!