test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Consolidating Feedback on T5-U and T6 Ships

blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
Now that more details have been released, I'm really curious how you - the community - feel as a whole about the direction. Selections and costs of ships to upgrade, what is proposed as the upgrade path, designs - all of it.

Excited? Infuriated? Couldn't care less? I have my own reaction, but one individual really doesn't matter and I don't want to bias this from the start either way. It's the community as a whole that matters.

I'm hoping (read hoping, sadly not expecting) that we can have a concise, firm read on what people are thinking - both good and bad - without it turning into a flame war, but I know emotions are high right now. Just let the little Vulcan on your shoulder speak for a minute.
Post edited by blazeritter on

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel like I'm clicking on the same threads over and over. :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I feel like I'm clicking on the same threads over and over. :confused:

Yep...I expected the thread to be a request that something be done about the 9000 threads on the matter - not that it would be thread 9001. :(
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep...I expected the thread to be a request that something be done about the 9000 threads on the matter - not that it would be thread 9001. :(

I count less than 20. I think your data collector is in need of a tune up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I tried fixing it by making a generic feedback thread on all of the coming changes. I figured the best way to keep mini-threads away was to try and make a big one!

We shall see if it succeeds... ;)
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I count less than 20. I think your data collector is in need of a tune up.

A bunch have actually already been merged...but yeah, it's probably in the range of 40-50. But the 9001 thing is epic...it's...over 9000. :D
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How do I feel, ticked, but also tickled that I was proving right and everybody is flailing about screaming the sky is falling when I had already told them it was GOING to fall.

Oh and absolutely between furious and laughing hysterically that my freebie DSD ships are getting free upgrades while my Oddy and Bortas freebies ain't even getting the option to upgrade.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2014

^^ This.

Time for a mod to start merging some threads, methinks. It's getting too unruly.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Oh and absolutely between furious and laughing hysterically that my freebie DSD ships are getting free upgrades while my Oddy and Bortas freebies ain't even getting the option to upgrade.

You mean the Free Oddy that you just needed to show up one day for is not getting a free upgrade, unlike the ship that you had to log in once a day for 25 days, or pay Zen for it to get... man Cryptic sucks :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I really have no issue paying $5-$10 for starship upgrades. I will buy T6 klink stuff if I like the ship, will probably upgrade a few ship types. Although I wish fleet ship upgrades were going to be free if the weapon slots are not going to increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm pleased we are getting an option to upgrade. They could have and well within their rights to never give us the option.

They made it clear that T5 ships without upgrades can still perform well right up to end content when DR is out. Its just preferable to fly a t6/t5u shippy for som end content but its not vital.

I suppose we shall see.

Bring it on! :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You can't consolidate without a place to do so. I don't care where that is (this one seems to be off to a good start http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1205211 ), but a bajillion threads going off on tangents with rage isn't going to help anything.

Good or bad, the feedback has to be consolidated if there's to be any hope of it actually being paid any attention to.
    edited August 2014
    I'm pleased we are getting an option to upgrade. They could have and well within their rights to never give us the option.

It is a pretty common option out there amongst companies.

"Hey, you got to use it - you enjoyed it. Wasn't that great? Here's the completely new stuff you need to grab!"

So yeah, the upgrade option is pretty nifty.
    edited August 2014
    You can't consolidate without a place to do so. I don't care where that is (this one seems to be off to a good start http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1205211 ), but a bajillion threads going off on tangents with rage isn't going to help anything.

Good or bad, the feedback has to be consolidated if there's to be any hope of it actually being paid any attention to.

I'm off a mixed opinion on that, actually. Cause the initial thread (the one where one would expect the feedback to be given rather than one of the multitude of other threads) is an unwieldy beast full of misinformation and a mix of ranting/raving/feedback. Could make it extremely difficult for Cryptic to parse it...they might skim...they might miss something writing it off as something other than it is. On the other hand, when we end up with so many threads discussing the same things where folks end up repeating the same things they've said in other threads...there's also going to be the chance of something being missed...

...say Joe Random mentions something in one of the thirteen copies of what he's said that he didn't say in the others, and Cryptic never reads it because they assumed it just said the same as the rest of what he'd said in countless threads, eh?

It makes it harder for them.

Folks are upset...there's a bunch of misinformation...Cryptic should be jumping in to clarify that stuff, not leaving it to players that might not be 100% correct because in the end we still just don't have the info.

If Cryptic could put a damper on the misinformation - then folks could rage about the correct information if they desired...which is another potential issue, is Cryptic writing off feedback because it appears to be based on misinformation and thus is being discounted as non-constructive feedback?

All sorts of issues...but oh well...I think it's going to be worse next week or the week after when we get more information...lol.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What makes BUYING a T6 ship different from BUYING a T5 ship?

They added a higher tier, so the ships at that tier are new and should be new purchases.
    I swear Cryptic's coddling of the Fed masses is coming back to bite them in the TRIBBLE.
    If it were up to me I wouldn't even offer the T5-U or w/e path.

HOWEVER, I would offer T6 versions of the most popular T5 ships.
    B'rel, Scim, Defiant, JHAS...all for 4000 Zen each.

So, kiddies...man up.
    Don't whine to Cryptic.
    It worked for the Leech and the AA, yes...but this is different.
    This is about fresh cash.
    Do you think some whining kids will stop them from making some money?
    They don't care you're losing your precious.
    Pull out your wallet and bite the bullet.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On my phone so can't really merge too easily. As such, this thread is being closed. There is already enough as is.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.