test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to establish connection to patch server

marcthe000001marcthe000001 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
My Cryptic uploader keeps saying; "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

Thing is, My internet is working perfectly fine.

I heard that the ARC version of STO is not working but it looks like the steam version doesn't work either.

I hope Cryptic fix this soon.
Post edited by marcthe000001 on

Comments

• cassandratruthcassandratruth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My Cryptic uploader keeps saying; "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

Thing is, My internet is working perfectly fine.

I heard that the ARC version of STO is not working but it looks like the steam version doesn't work either.

I hope Cryptic fix this soon.

You aren't the only one having this problem. STO worked fine when I went to bed last night. Got up today and it's down. None of the usual troubleshooting steps are working, including calling my ISP and resetting everything, so it has to be something on Cryptic's end.
    EVE Online is a Ferengi parody of the Federation.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was just on about 2 hours ago, took a short break and tried to comeback, cannot login.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My husband and I are in the same boat. Worked fine last night until about 2:30 AM, we went to bed. Now it can't connect to the patcher.
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Launcher unable to connect here in FL also...:eek:

Edit: was logged in but getting bad, bad, bad lag moving items to and from bank as well as high mem usage. Was going to restart client and now unable to relog.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • gleitfroschgleitfrosch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wait until you get the option to verify your data, press ok then cancel the process.

you should be able to run the game.

worked for me.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Might be that erathquake in California that's causing it.

Another post in the tech section said a DDoS attack, but I dunno what is the real culprit.

Just hope they fix it sharpish.
    edited August 2014
    Okay, got the launch screen to come up, my husband's is at Engage and he got an error unable to connect to the patch server. :( Such hopes dashed so soon.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here from italy, can't load the launcher with the same error, unable to establish connection etc...

sad nand :(
    edited August 2014
    wait until you get the option to verify your data, press ok then cancel the process.

you should be able to run the game.

worked for me.

No luck there as I get stuck "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting [x] times.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i know there is an indycar weekend in sonoma which i believe is in california, opposite side of the bay from san jose which los gatos is apart of if geographical information from memory serves me correctly, there is also a fault line pretty much under the bay and surrounding land. apparently there was a quake out in that direction very recently, dunno if it effected anything at los gatos even so.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited August 2014
    Oops, didn't see this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1202161

But no, it's not related to the earthquake, I don't think the San Andreas fault runs from California to Massachusetts.

But the outage is global, apparently. I'm located east coast, USA.
    edited August 2014
    Okay, 10:47 est, got it up and running and everything seems to be working okay.
  • banner2012banner2012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im also getting this issue even tried to uninstall and reinstall the game to no avail was on the game it did its patching thing while joining a pve then i got booted and cannot re connect hope its not like this long with the new event up and running
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here. Worked fine yesterday, doesn't work fine now.

Tried turning off Firewall. Didn't work.

Thought it was a forced Arc update. Downloaded, installed, tried to play. Doesn't work.

Restarted the Computer. Didn't work.

Did a fresh install. Didn't work.

*sighs* Guess I'll go back to the Korpulu Sector and wreak havoc, mayhem and destruction.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • zeenatarzeenatar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It seems to be working... holding my breath and moving mouse pointer over "Engage"... Character selection window! I expect a few more hiccups but it looks good so far.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here. Worked fine yesterday, doesn't work fine now.

Tried turning off Firewall. Didn't work.

Thought it was a forced Arc update. Downloaded, installed, tried to play. Doesn't work.

Restarted the Computer. Didn't work.

Did a fresh install. Didn't work.

*sighs* Guess I'll go back to the Korpulu Sector and wreak havoc, mayhem and destruction.

It's back for me! Looks like someone fed the Tribbles a Klingon for incompetence and they didn't like it.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
    edited August 2014
    Working here in FL again...
  • zeenatarzeenatar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bah. I just finished the space part of the mission, trying to zone down to planet... Nope, server not responding.

The first time, it was also when I was trying to zone in the system coming from sector space.

So, each zoning, I'll cringe...

(Edit: Ctrl+Alt+Del --> end task... almost 250 seconds of "not responding". )
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    Oops, didn't see this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1202161

But no, it's not related to the earthquake, I don't think the San Andreas fault runs from California to Massachusetts.

But the outage is global, apparently. I'm located east coast, USA.

The STO game servers ARE in the quake area. Probably IS related.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • rebnairebnai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »

Wasn't the quake quite a while ago now though? The server was fine just a few hours ago and after the quake was said to have hit.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    Still can't connect here on east coast.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »

Nope, STO Servers are located at a Boston Sever Farm... (a simple 'Trace Route' can confirm this...) so unrelated to the quake..
  • bloodshield#8258 bloodshield Member Posts: 2 New User
    Unable to establish connection to patch server