test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble is Temporarily Down

Comments

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow the post after mine that revealed the name of the new BOFF class instead of saying <REDACTED> is gone now.

SHOCKER!!!
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What do we need proof of? It's a 6GB patch, it's definitely the base pack for Delta Rising. It's probably only the first of multiple similar sized patches if it's like LoR was, and will just have some of the base systems and will not have final specs on anything that's in there. The ship specs in the first LoR patches were so far from the final ones it wasn't even funny.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So this is just to active Redshirt's replacement of tribble. While they setup Delta Rising on Tribble.

So I'm going to take a guess. That Tribble might be up by this Saturday.

MAYBE.

So any news from the patch on what news LVL 6 starship are going to be in game and how they are going to allow your BOFF"s to be promoted to Captain one of your reserve starships ??
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd love the opportunity to kick the Vaadwaur across the quadrant so hard they pinball off the Dominion, richochet off the Romulan Republic and finally end up in a black hole in the Alpha Quadrant! :mad:

I never really liked their conquest mentality, their arrogance or the fact that they lied on a regular basis because it was convenient to pretend they were peaceful when they were not.

Any Vaadwaur vessel I see will have exactly 10 seconds to be nice before I turn their ship into swiss cheese.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well I guess it's good they are taking the time to get (mostly)everything right before loosing us on tribble - sucks cause there was some testing I wanted to do unrelated to Doom Rising but hey.....

oh hey blog update!
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dont know if this has been posted yet, but EQAH put this up on twitter. Tribble is going to be down a couple days

https://twitter.com/CrypticEQAH/status/501906918797873153
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just want to remind everyone that posting unreleased content in the forums, whether it be in the form of pictures, links to Reddit/Twitter leaks, files or anything data mined from our files, is a violation of our TOS.

~CaptainSmirk
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just want to remind everyone that posting unreleased content in the forums, whether it be in the form of pictures, links to Reddit/Twitter leaks, files or anything data mined from our files, is a violation of our TOS.

~CaptainSmirk

Shouldn't you guys stop putting said content on our PCs through Tribble? ;)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Very easily. They can shut down testing perm except for a select group of people that are under severe NDA restrictions.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    walshicus wrote: »

Not how it works. Tribble/RedShirt are updated with the internal code which may have things in it that they are not allowing us to test and we can't see in normal testing but if you mine through the files you can find it. That's how the lockboxes are leaked weeks early.

They're not allowing it on the forums because they have the right to do that. Tribble is to test what they ask us to test and not find out secrets. if you want to find the leaks you can easily do so, it's not hard. They just don't what them here.
    ACCESS DENIED
    edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Very easily. They can shut down testing perm except for a select group of people that are under severe NDA restrictions.

Seems like the best idea if the business really, *really* cares about tightly controlling 'the message'. Otherwise, it's na
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WOW!

I just got a new machine, TRIBBLE is a 14-Gb DL now!!! :eek:

Started at 16:15... Finished at.... 16:49.

(knowing my T/W internet connection, it'll probably be sometime just before D.R. hits the game <chuckle>)

Not as bad as I thought.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    So is the discussion of what you put on the game Arc page a violation as well? since they are also unreleased content.

Granted this isnt the place to say but then again, if I follow your comment at heart it appears that I should offer exactly no feedback on upcoming content being unreleased and all that, dont want to violate the TOS and all that right ...

Obviously if it's in a blog it's considered released information. Folks, none of the CM or mod team should have to explain this rule -

If there is no post/tweet/etc about it by an employee of Cryptic Studios or PWE then no, the information is NOT allowed on the forums. Further, debating moderation or the rules is not allowed on the forums so this is the last on this subject.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited August 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Edited, to remove potentially volatile content...
    edited August 2014
    I luv these kinda threads...

They use to give BranFlakes quite a workout.

And made for some rather enjoyable reading.

:cool:
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited August 2014
    Obviously if it's in a blog it's considered released information. Folks, none of the CM or mod team should have to explain this rule -

If there is no post/tweet/etc about it by an employee of Cryptic Studios or PWE then no, the information is NOT allowed on the forums. Further, debating moderation or the rules is not allowed on the forums so this is the last on this subject.

Heh... you let yourself get sucked right onto that one.

How's that indigestion, up to Mod-ulcer level inducing yet?

;)
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Still I stand on the feedback, none will be given since apparently that is what our CM wants.

Agreed.

I'll certainly test the new content when it hits Tribble, but I won't be posting a single shred of feedback on any of the bugs I'm more than likely to encounter. Cryptic have shown time and time again, that they have no regards for (a lot) of our feedback. Plenty of people have provided a ton of feedback over the years, of things that don't work right, or don't seem right, yet Cryptic merrily pushed it along onto Holodeck, oftentimes in a very broken state, leaving us with an unstable server for days/weeks while they work out the kinks that people have already provided feedback on.

TL;DR: Our feedback (usually) doesn't matter, so what's the point in providing any?
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    TL;DR: Our feedback (usually) doesn't matter, so what's the point in providing any?

Because if we don't provide it, there's NO chance it'll matter. Whereas if we DO provide it, there is at least a sliver of a chance. You can't win if you don't play.
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    Well I guess it's good they are taking the time to get (mostly)everything right before loosing us on tribble - sucks cause there was some testing I wanted to do unrelated to Doom Rising but hey.....

oh hey blog update!
    So this is just to active Redshirt's replacement of tribble. While they setup Delta Rising on Tribble.

So I'm going to take a guess. That Tribble might be up by this Saturday.

MAYBE.

So any news from the patch on what news LVL 6 starship are going to be in game and how they are going to allow your BOFF"s to be promoted to Captain one of your reserve starships ??

The captain mechanic, also known as the away team in space, has already been stated by Geko as not coming in Delta Rising, so you will not be able to 'promote' your boffs as it were to commanding your other ships.

Also, it's Tier 6 ships, not level 6 ships (semantics, i know, but still). At level six you were likely still in your starter ship :P
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So clearly something is going on here.
    Is tribble still down for everyone because for some reason I feel like they're only letting "some people" in right now.

It's very weird because I'm still not authorized, yet I can launch from the launcher.
    I've never gotten the not authorized message before.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sdkraust wrote: »
    Is tribble still down for everyone because for some reason I feel like they're only letting "some people" in right now.

It's very weird because I'm still not authorized, yet I can launch from the launcher.
    Tribble won't be up until probably Friday at the very earliest.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sdkraust wrote: »

Its down for everyone.
  • rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ---message is removed---
  • vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    come on guys, we are all friends here lets not cause a scene. I wonder when the DR pack will hit Tribble for testing and whether it will have the tier 6 ships for test straight away or if they wait until a later patch.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014
    Just Started patching with out On-Demand and

:eek: it's a 7GB update
    :D lets see how long it takes me to patch 7GB

Start time: 6:00pm (PT) (August 19th, 2014)

http://imgur.com/2rE0pjg

So it is now August 20th, 2014 3:22pm and my patching is done... I patched roughly 3GB on Holodeck, 7GB on Tribble and about 5GB on Redshirt for a total of ~15GB patched in less than 20hrs...

So the total size on my folders come to this:

Holodeck(live): 14.5GB
    Tribble: 11.4GB
    Redshirt: 10.4GB

http://i.imgur.com/L0H31Aj.jpg

No On-Demand Patching was done!!!
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It isn't even letting me patch... the only things that come up are Live and Redshirt. Did they seriously make it Gold-only again without telling us? '~'

-Mvp333, F2P member
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    OK, just finished a 6GB patch for Tribble after deleting the ENTIRE Playtest Directory.

Took almost 8 hours....

After creating a 14GB Playtest directory, I get the error that it cannot start the game client cause a file is missing.

WTH!!! :mad:
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2014
    mvp333 wrote: »
    It isn't even letting me patch... the only things that come up are Live and Redshirt. Did they seriously make it Gold-only again without telling us? '~'

-Mvp333, F2P member

Not sure what is going up, but I am still a Silver account player (meaning Free2Play) and currently have access to "Launch" the Tribble from my launcher, although I have not done so yet, as seen that Tribble will be down for a couple days...

Now if I load my launcher again, and look to see if Tribble is not there, I can come to the conclusion that they removed it due to the fact that many of us are trying to load the client...

Although I do not know for sure...

Try Coping another version of your character to Tribble or Sign-up for Tribble again... if it's possible...

Edit: It is now 4:58pm (GMT-7hrs ~ Server time) and currently have access to "launch" Tribble: http://imgur.com/YtKN6vr
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    OK, just finished a 6GB patch for Tribble after deleting the ENTIRE Playtest Directory.

Took almost 8 hours....

After creating a 14GB Playtest directory, I get the error that it cannot start the game client cause a file is missing.

WTH!!! :mad:

Then it just did a 2GB Patch to Holodeck folder and Live works, but not Tribble. Still the file not found error. :confused::mad: