test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: August - Submit Yours Now!

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Starting August 15th, 2014, we begin our next Screenshot Contest for the month of August! This thread will remain open until the contest entry phase closes on September 15th.

This month there will be one theme that will reward a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner! Each user may submit ONE ENTRY. Users who post multiple entries need to define which image is for the entry and which are simply to show off to other users.

August's Theme: On Screen!

Submit your best screenshots of your crew aboard their bridge as they react to "something" that is on their main view screen. This challenge will most definitely require Photoshop skills (or any equivalent software) to use for the image manipulation needed to put your image on your main view screen. Let's see how creative you can all get this month as you show us what kind of story you can tell us with one image! Are they in a tense negotiation with an alien captain? Are they watching a sun implode into a black hole right next to a new colony? Is Q flashing them into a fish bowl? The possibilities are endless, and we want to see you stretch your imaginations and create something really cool.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Make sure your pictures are created using the method described below as I need the images to be a certain size in order to make good quality wallpapers for the winner. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SIZE 1920x1200 OR LARGER.

Prizes!

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

These screenshots can be your chance to showcase your skills as a designer with custom UI placement, special effects, photography style filters or anything you can produce to wow the team.

All entries should be placed in this thread. Any posts not containing an entry, or not staying within these rules will be removed at the end of the contest to leave only the individual entries.

Basic Rules:
  • All Entries must be 1920x1200 minimum size. This is to maintain the Pixel Aspect Ratio need for our staff to convert these into the 4 wallpaper sizes we upload to the Arc Media Gallery. We can make a special custom size for our winners if your screen resolution is a different size, but this will only be done by the request of the user who submits their image.
  • Images not meeting the minimum size will not qualify for the grand prize wallpaper as we cannot convert your entry if the Pixel Aspect Ratio is not compatible.
  • One entry per month per forum user. If your image doesn't win, you are welcome to resubmit it the following month as your one entry.
  • All entry images must be submitted in JPEG form. Layered PSDs will be excepted if you win the 1st prize place so that we can create the accompanying wallpaper properly. If you wish to create a custom border or UI interface, etc., you will have to bake it into the image when saving it as JPEG, but save the PSD for us later if needed.
  • All submitted images must be made of only material from Star Trek Online.
    • No images containing visual material from the TV/Movies, outside artwork or any licensed material from any other source will be excepted.
    • No custom 3D models or textures can be used in this contest. The image must contain in-game material.
  • Keep it classy Star Trek fans.

Instructions on How To Create A Screenshot & Insert It Here:

• All images must measure 1920x1200 for submission or larger.
  • Images should be of high resolution quality. Recommended method:
    • Type "/renderscale 2" into your chat window before taking your image
    • Type "/screenshot" to take image
    • This will create a large TGA file in the directory listed below that can be converted via Photoshop to 1920x1200.
    • If you wish to utilize another method like "Print Screen" you will want to turn off your HUD visuals by hitting Shift +F12
    • (you will find your images in C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots on most PC computers)

Good luck to everyone who enters!

NOTE:The above rules and conditions are subject to change.

~CaptainSmirk

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My entry for it - The Undine Attack Saturn or How I Learned Not to Take the Runabout to Work

PZdAEcu.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When Commander T'Lara hailed the Bird of Prey, she could not have possibly known the horror of what was to appear before her.

entry.jpg
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • Options
    xlynkxxlynkx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    screenshot_2014-08-16-00-14-37_edited_zpsca6f5aed.jpg
    Micheal Kelsey
  • Options
    dimitrioslazosdimitrioslazos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    screenshot_2014_08_16_12_15_13.jpg

Vice Admiral
    Dimitrios Lazos
    Omega XO
    Starfleet Lions
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2014
    wvco7b.jpgg
    Vce admiral
    House Of Taal
    IGN: Temerix
    Reman Specie
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    maverickdude05maverickdude05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    x3eavo.jpg
  • Options
    roujin346roujin346 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "It's going to be one of those days?!"
    1950400.jpg
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    bex509bex509 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WvbgEwJ.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixblue00phoenixblue00 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Notify Starfleet Command: We have engaged the Borg."

vrVNh9O.jpg
  • Options
    lobstertanlobstertan Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    VwQFZad.jpg

-

My original edit from early this month, much lower quality though featured slightly more editing concerning the uniforms and vibrance. Decided as I wasn't too happy with how this came out anyway, actually to just go ahead and re-take the shots, and didn't help I realized the resolution was too small at first anyway~! I know it doesn't quite uberly-fit the theme, as it only shows them pointing to the viewscreen... not the actual view-screen itself, but I wanted to just hop in and have a go regardless, loving some of the Borg entries!
  • Options
    elesthiliiaelesthiliia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who will you choose save?

7d17502db53f46f0eaaac8f0451d8f9e1408203753.jpg
  • Options
    nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not technically a view 'screen', but definitely a viable equivalent.

Elachi_Alert1920x1200.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/7be0izq9d/Elachi_Alert.jpg - 1920x1200
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    when the captain xays from uss napier was making a sci mission he discover a micro wormhole then a transmision coming from the wormhole was a complete surprise. the wormhole is connected to another universe. a know face was saluting to the captain xays ,himselft from the alternate universe ,the captain xays from the XE mogonda ,belong to xindi empire in the altenate universe. :D

[IMG][/img]puente02_zps3ffb82a3.jpg
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    william7rikerwilliam7riker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qdfR5Gr.jpg

Since I did not know if the text bubble would be a problem, I have a copy of the exact image without the text bubble.

http://imgur.com/HEHmSIe

Also this contest ends on my birthday!!! Just so you know ;)
    Once I get a solid hour of free time, I have got to update my signature, with tasteful, but useful words that the rest of the community would benefit from hearing, or at least get a good laugh out of.
  • Options
    shadowkreeganshadowkreegan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lYaGrffl.jpg

All power to forward shields NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    v5fwr4.jpg

Temporal S.O.S.

Edit: Chose a different picture that fit the submission guidelines.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cassandratruthcassandratruth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tal Shiar on the other side of the Helix! Centurion, take us to full impulse. Shields up, red alert!

sWZBEwo.jpg
    EVE Online is a Ferengi parody of the Federation.
  • Options
    domangartdomangart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here is my entry, titled "Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It...".

In this image, Admiral Quinn hails Admiral Ferguson directly to his bridge, with an important mission for him and his crew. What dangerous, risky, and thrilling adventures await them?

AdmiralQuinnhailstheUSSNovaScotia_zps386fd1e6.jpg

I used GIMP 2.6.10 to make this image. Took me a little over 1 hour to finish.
  • Options
    azsharra1azsharra1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    mcakomxmcakomx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guys, I think I got me a winner!

Don't you just hate it when. . .
    Lol_screenshot.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a joke entry.
    My real entry will be done over the next few days, but this might get a chuckle or two so I figured, while in Photoshop. . .
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A tribute to a great Star Trek movie: Wrath of Khan.

"He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking." [Spock]

mutarapreview_zpsd3b158ef.jpg

Notes:
    - Photoshopped for size and viewscreen insertion from STO source material
    - Full size here

Live Long and Prosper!
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    benkenobi09benkenobi09 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Capt.Smirk

It seems I cannot upload my picture for the August wallpaper contest. Is there another way I can submit the picture I have to you or is it just through here?

Ben Noah
  • Options
    leterryerleterryer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When my viewer malfunctions, I get irritated... because I HAVE TO FIX IT. Edited for size, would upload full if it didn't clip.

Q1MyrRU.jpg?1
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thrown something together through the foundry, im in the process of manually phasing out the preview map words as i got no experience with photoshop nor do i have it on my computer. just good old fashioned ms paint. unfortunately though my max resolution is 1920x1080 but im working on adjusting the picture dimensions through my own means so it qualifies.

will upload it in few minutes.

btw i got no creative talent at all, but years past of making custom helmet styles on rfactor has helped on manual editing. this stuff could take a bit to get right getting the right color pixel and such.

33mbucl.jpg
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    VOID. Re Entering with better picture.
  • Options
    esrandaresrandar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To Battle!
    BattleGroupInWarp.png
  • Options
    blackgeri0110blackgeri0110 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014