Options

Why we are afraid of Delta Rising.

13»

Comments

• Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jslyn wrote: »
    I just hope that we don't get a Seven Of Nine BOff. It would stand over you, talk down to you, and generally insult you at every opportunity. Kinda like the kid from 'Waterworld'.

If they have the same gratuitous chest shots as Voyager did with Seven, would it really be that bad?

:D
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If they have the same gratuitous chest shots as Voyager did with Seven, would it really be that bad?

:D
    Yes, it would be that bad. :P
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, it would be that bad. :P

I guess I'm not the only one that actually actively disliked Seven. I don't think the show needed a "sex symbol" crew member. Her outfit was even more impractical, and obviously geared at attracting the pubescent male viewer, than a lot of the ones I've seen on the various Star Trek Series'.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Elaborate, please. Are these PWE beancounters (aka financial people) saying that STO is the "testbed" for various mechanics, systems, beliefs, etc. that are then ported over to other PWE games?

Or are they trying to hype the new R&D revamp and as such mentioning the metrics are being affected by such...

yes, search in the forums.. this was discussed when they first announced that in a financial report a few years ago.. it was labeled as r&d. log into neverwinter, and then log into sto.. weather you like neverwinter or not, its a much more solid game, with a ton more attention and time put into it. Christ, a few of there "smaller" releases are the size of lor, lol.. to this day, the game still gets refered to as that by the guy who speaks bad English on the live stream.

I have always stated and maintain that the biggest problem with sto is the dev team size.. it is not realistic to keep up with a game like this. it is why we hear constantly them talking about time management, and why they cant do this or that.. or why bugs are not being fixed, or why they don't want to undertake changing something in game..

it also shows why a lot of their content is cut and paste types of content.. look at season 8 and 9... sure, some eye candy here and there, but the missions are very similar, the theme is similier. look at 90 percent of the missions while you level, they are all the same, just different skins..

id love to see some of the talent they have currently, get the resources (ie, people, bodies, however you look at it) to support the ideas and the development, and expanding of this game.

when I rant, a lot of times I rant towards the devs.. that is not right nor is it fair. its not what im trying to get at.. what my rants usually try to convey, is while there is a lot of talent on the team, its a waste when everyone is so constrained. when you look at other "successful" gaming companies, they are much larger, with large to very large teams working on each aspect of the game.. at cryptic, everyone wheres multiple hats.. look at the cryptic cats comments about doing uniforms, and then later he talks about fixing something, and then he talks about doing what his actual job is there.. it sucks for us and them alike, weather they say it or not... ive often said, that cryptic/pwe needs to sh*t or get off the pot with sto.. its been in limbo for far too long.. either bring the game up to par with other cryptic/pwe titles, or sell it to someone who will...

edit... also, to answer your last question, no.. it has nothing to do with the new r&d system in the game.. they labeled STO as an r&d devision of the cryptic/pwe long before they even started thinking about revamping the r&d in game.. like 1.5-2 years ago.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone informed you that being a completely overprivileged TRIBBLE with a need to complain and whine and trash anything that doesn't exactly meet his expectations is NOT the hallmark of a decent human being?

Fanboys don't defend the company for a pat on the head. They defend the company that made the game they enjoy because it's what normal, well-adjusted people would do.

The amount of bile spit out at a company that DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE THIS GAME FOR YOU AT ALL or make any changes based on customer feedback because there's literally no law requiring them to.... I can't wrap my head around it.

I'm not shy in admitting there are aspects to the game I don't have fun with. The ground combat is sad - and that's after several attempts to fix it. The new duty officer UI is inferior to the old one, in my opinion. And the game has graphical glitches that have been there since it launched.

But those issues aren't enough to make me do sh*t like this. The anger and vitriol on this forum reminds me of complaints to a phone company, not the maker of a free RPG. I could understand people getting this mad and hate-filled if their mobile provider or god-help-us the power company was making decisions that the consumers didn't like. But this? Really? And to this level?

firstly im not.. when cryptic does good, I do give them their props.. I have been known to give praise and defence where it is deserved, and to give negativity when it is deserved.. I do not jump on bandwagons, and I do not make uninformed decisions.. you are saying I am very far from being overprivledged, and I usually do not whine.. whineing entails that I say something, expect an outcome, but want to give no incitefull or constructive feedback towards the solution.. I always give constructive feedback, good or bad.. I always say why I do not like something... further more, I am a decent human being.. go ingame, and ask anyone from any of the large fleets. I spend time helping and blah blah blah.. im also a teacher, a teacher the kids actually like. im sorry that you feel that way about me, but it makes me really wonder what kind of a person you are, but ill take the high road..

that being said. star trek online has never had a fair shake.. i wish it had, i love star trek, it is near and dear to my heart.. the game was rushed out early, it suffered (and still does) from a small dev team. it is a game based on a world that already has rules, and existed long before cryptic was even a company. it has a pretty rough fallowing, meaning people are insanely loyal to it, and to a fault sometimes.. the development of this game has shown me time and time again that they do not care about the history of star trek.. sure, they are fans, but they keep making it into this rather watered down mix of everything sci-fi that looks like star trek.

that being said, time and time again, the players of this game have united, and stood up to the company, (biggest example being the 4 year anniversary). only a few times before did everyone unite, and they did nothing.. that was a mistake.. i know of a lot of people who left over that.

like i said, cryptic does some good stuff, but in the end, the sto forums are some of the worst on the internet for a game. and that isn't just because people decided to come and be angry on these forums.. it is because over the years, cryptic has let the player base down, they have made some bad decisions, and they have ignored the players when they needed to embrace them (like the 4 year anniversary debacle). the vileness of these forums, and the attitudes you see here, are a direct result of cryptic/pwe's own failures with the game, and the community.

also, don't play the without cryptic we wouldn't have a star trek game with me.. they are a business, they are not making this game out of the kindness of their hearts.. they chose to take on perpetuals failure because they saw doller signs in a star trek mmo. they don't do anything for us that doesn't line their pockets.. (as it should, they are a business, im not arguing that they shouldn't make money).. but some of you fanboys make it sound like this game is a redcross to star trek fans.. lol... as far as them making changes based on community feedback.. i want you to site some instances that actually happened, and not dilithium costs or mark costs.. i want to hear about how they changed the grind on the anniversary event because hundreds of players told them it wasn't ok.. i want to hear about how lockboxes got changed even though there was next to no one ok with them... plz. enlighten me...
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    on the other hand, barbarians almost destroyed the roman empire once, so dont underestimate the strength of the kazon :P.

The at the time new muslim army which was considered barbarians are what finally destroyed the roman empire which by that time was the byzantine era.

so yeah rome conquered by barbarians
    The military technological difference between the barbarians and Rome was pretty negligible. Also, Rome was already on its way out by the time the barbarians arrived. How do you think Rome conquered most of Europe in the first place?

They conquered europe with moist toweletes and paper mache
    They brought it in a well advertised yard sale.

And here i thought they got europe in a raffle lol :D
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only thing I'm afraid about DR is that they release it un-finished, incomplete, and we have to wait for the .5 update like they've been doing lately. Season 8.5, Season 9.5, etc.... they never fully release what they intend to the first time, and we have to wait a long time to get everything out there. Also, we have to wait for things to be implemented or fixed, secondary deflectors anyone? So that worries me the most about DR. I'm afraid it will feel empty because it won't all be released at the same time, and things will be broken.
  • Options
    QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited August 2014
    Getting reports of multiple violations of the TOS in this thread so shutting it down.

Q
This discussion has been closed.