Options

Unofficial LC #2 discussion thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Let's see if anybody else wants to try, first. (Hint, hint.)

I'm working on prompt three in my spare time.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just haven't been in a writing mood past few weeks. To be honest, don't see it happening any time soon either.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    I'm working on prompt three in my spare time.

Sounds cool. Rusty and Georgia? Naja and Sway? Jesu and Ssharki in a sort of tenuous allies thing?

Well, whoever's getting stuck, I can't wait! :D
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey, rules proposal. Any prompts that nobody writes anything for can be reused in future ULCs.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey, rules proposal. Any prompts that nobody writes anything for can be reused in future ULCs.

Sure, why not.

We can't really lock these or anything like that, so writing stories in them at future points should be fine (barring Word of Mod, of course).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok, I've got something about half-done for "Out in the Cold", although right now Takeshi and I are planning a collab for the official challenge.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited October 2014
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited October 2014

Very nice. Loved the reveal at the end.

Funny thing is, Sander and I met in-game about...a month ago? Maybe? Anyway, we met up in-game and replayed Cold Storage with Ssharki and D'trel.

Let me just say that with two Gorn, a Klingon, a Romulan, and a Jem'Hadar, that hammy nincompoop Thot Trel died remarkably fast.

(and call me old-fashioned, but I love Thot Trel and his Doctor Doom-style Third Person Person act. It gives me warm fuzzy nostalgia feels)
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I too enjoyed this story. I feel you described the parts with them in the snow and cold particularly well, I could almost feel like I was there with them.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Okay, so I've had this story rolling around my head about Greg Sander and Carlos LaRoca from back before the Dominion War, which sorta fit danqueller's prompt.

Took me a long while to get it done, what with one thing and another, but I'm finally ready to share it with you all.

Please enjoy: "Will Not Be Shaken"

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Okay, so I've had this story rolling around my head about Greg Sander and Carlos LaRoca from back before the Dominion War, which sorta fit danqueller's prompt.

Took me a long while to get it done, what with one thing and another, but I'm finally ready to share it with you all.

Very nice. I actually would've preferred to see Ssharki and Cal having some father-son time as Sway tries to find them and they try to survive on a planet that is most definitely not suited for giant lizards, but this was (as is usual fro you) a solidly-written, engaging, and enjoyable piece.

Nice job!
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Lucas and Lonnie = :cool:

An excellent read, I really enjoyed it :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lucas and Lonnie = :cool:

An excellent read, I really enjoyed it :cool:
    I also threw in Cmdr. Rolek, the Vulcan XO, just for you. ;)

worffan101 wrote: »
    Very nice. I actually would've preferred to see Ssharki and Cal having some father-son time as Sway tries to find them and they try to survive on a planet that is most definitely not suited for giant lizards, but this was (as is usual fro you) a solidly-written, engaging, and enjoyable piece.

Nice job!
    I did something like that a long while ago. The story doesn't fit Masterverse canon so it's not in the Timeline (which reminds me, I really need to update that,) but it's been done. I think it was in LC #40.

But this story is canon, and I thought it would be good to show what Carlos was like before the "Bad Old Days."
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I got one up now, it's really just a 'piece' that I wanted to do in Faces in the Flames but couldn't find a way to make it work with the flow of the narrative.

Oh, and it's 'Challenge 1'. For solutions, that's waiting until Season 3 of the series.
    Very, VERY nice.

- Anne Bredon
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I also threw in Cmdr. Rolek, the Vulcan XO, just for you. ;)

I did wonder ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I did something like that a long while ago. The story doesn't fit Masterverse canon so it's not in the Timeline (which reminds me, I really need to update that,) but it's been done. I think it was in LC #40.
    Found it.

Apparently that was just the second LC I'd written and the first about my KDF characters. I was still figuring out Ssharki's motivations and those of his senior officers. Sway in particular was a mystery - I knew where he'd come from, but I didn't know who he was. I hadn't established his relationship with Naja yet. I seem to recall I hadn't even settled on his name.

But that's the story your looking for, even though it doesn't really fit with the others.

- Anne Bredon
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Solaris is on the run and an Away Team is stuck on a frozen rock, and it's a little awkward ... or is it?

Cast:
    Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
    Ian McKinnon - Ben Browder
    Travis Mechols -Freddie Prinze Jr - this is the crewman referenced in the second table from this thread. He didn't have a name then, but I like cross-linking my entries for some sense of continuity. Or something.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Solaris is on the run and an Away Team is stuck on a frozen rock, and it's a little awkward ... or is it?

Cast:
    Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
    Ian McKinnon - Ben Browder
    Travis Mechols -Freddie Prinze Jr - this is the crewman referenced in the second table from this thread. He didn't have a name then, but I like cross-linking my entries for some sense of continuity. Or something.

When I read that I flashed on Stargate SG-1:
    Samantha Carter: Sir?

Jack O'Neill: It's my sidearm, I swear.

'Course, I used that gag with Biri and that Betazoid security guy in mine, so who am I to talk?
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Heh, when I get the BOffs I do not alter their appearance unless something is way out of whack. Ian's look and stance yelled Browder to me. There is probably a more accurate fit somewhere, but I like the imagery in my head if I were watching Star Trek: Solaris.

Thank you for reading :)