test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics

summerrenobaumsummerrenobaum Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Why is it you take up 9 GB of storage on my hard drive, yet most of your textures in the game look like they've been drawn with a crayola crayon?
Post edited by summerrenobaum on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure what game you've been playing.

Also, the total GB of a game does not rely solely upon the graphics...

Are you at half-resolution?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The game looks good even on low medium ( curse you GPU overheating). The only real problem I have with graphics is no facial expression NPC-s and toons.
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    STO's graphics are pretty good for a game that's been for nearly 5 years.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    STO's graphics were totally screwed over in Season 9 for an as yet to be explained reason .

Ppl get lower frame rates , reports of vid cards straining more than they had before and overly bright textures @ Maxed settings when they were perfectly fine previously @ Maxed out settings .

Plus the inability of some ppl to see their own weapons fire in STF's (but being able to see everyone elses ...) & the zero upgrade in visuals reported from ppl who have the latest vid cards all point to development resources wasted & game unnecessarily messed with .

You know ... kind of like the Doff UI update when they have no intention of bringing Doffing to mobile devices .

... two hands and a road map ...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can you play CE?

If you can, then you're good off... I can run everything in this game on max, with only the rare example of lag, yet for some reason the CE looks like a 1992 DOS game that tries to emulate invisibility, and crashes my computer.

It's the ONLY place I experience this... I would gladly trade to low-res textures if I could just play the CE.... but swapping to min settings still produces this.

And its ONLY the CE... no where else...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Can you play CE?

If you can, then you're good off... I can run everything in this game on max, with only the rare example of lag, yet for some reason the CE looks like a 1992 DOS game that tries to emulate invisibility, and crashes my computer.

It's the ONLY place I experience this... I would gladly trade to low-res textures if I could just play the CE.... but swapping to min settings still produces this.

And its ONLY the CE... no where else...

I get it in CE and the Undine space battlezone, when lots of spam happens...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have also problems in NWS at wave 5 and higher, frame-rate drop to 10 and lower if i play with ant setting then lowest, its good i only have a gtx-580.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I get it in CE and the Undine space battlezone, when lots of spam happens...

Well thats fortunate... mine happens ONLY in CE, and I quite literally can not complete a CE if my camera is on the CE for more than 3 seconds, as it will effectively crash my PC.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lot of the space of the game is used by sounds and VOs. And other stuff, it just isn't graphics.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.