test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff UI feedback - post August 7 patch (August 6 on Tribble)

Comments

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absolutely same thing.

When they said in the patch notes they got rid of the negative timers, that's exactly what they did. Nothing more. They didn't fix the stuck assignements, only masked them so they don't show so clearly that they're stuck. :rolleyes:
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, I don't know...

Shall I start a new thread that will have the exact same things mentioned? Because they didn't fix or change a thing (to the UI, the very limited cluster assignements should now rotate on 4 hour timers at least).

Or are any of you already on it?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, no desire to login. Probably call me when the event is over. "You get a bonus to the part of the game that doesn't work for you...all weekend!" :rolleyes: Huh? I'll pass.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same here, still stuck, just stuck on saying finishing instead of counting down.

Zimma@Malkarris

Pic below:

http://i.imgur.com/QsbxSwO.jpg
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    While I agree that a toggle would be useful, it only makes sense for the trait filter and only for trait inclusion.

Well obviously. That goes without saying. :P
    Also, the trait filter has two checkboxes next to each trait, one for inclusion and one for exclusion. The only behavior that makes sense for exclusion is to show doffs with none of the selected traits, e.g.,

NOT (cunning OR tactful OR unscrupulous),

or equivalently, by De Morgan's law,

(NOT cunning) AND (NOT tactful) AND (NOT unscrupulous).

Yes. I would be more interested in being able to toggle AND filtering for trait inclusion. e.g. Must have Efficient AND Teamwork (instead of Efficient OR Teamwork like how it currently works)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After today's patch my KDF now has 14 permanently stuck assignments in "Finishing."

Since he was mainly for Doffing, that renders him useless until further notice.

I do have a Rom and Fed to play, so its not the end of the world, but it makes me wonder how such a bug could have squeaked through.

it "feels" to me (as a complete outsider with no information whatsoever) as if those responsible for planning recent game changes did not allow for or were not allowed to completely deal with either proper preparation for and/or the alays-to-be-expected "unexpected" cleanup needed after making such sweeping changes to things like the DOFF UI, crafting, and to cluster assignments.

It would help if from time to time someone from PWE or Cryptic said "oops, we gofed, stuff happens, we're sorry, nature of the beast, we'll fix it asap." Would make players feel better about the occasional bumps in the road.

I wonder just how many KDF's are affected.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wonder just how many KDF's are affected.
    Well, I can tell you my KDF and KDF/Rom are not affected by this. Actually, I did have one stuck mission on my KDF character, but I exited and came back the next day and it completed. I really find it weird that they could have a problem like this that only affects some players, and further it sounds like only certain characters for those players. o.O You'd think that would really narrow down the potential places where the bug could be and make it easier to find and squish, but that presumes that it is actually being worked on. :P
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I can tell you my KDF and KDF/Rom are not affected by this.

I gather from reading the forums that there's a particular 30-minute mission along the lines of 'respond to subordinate challange' that triggers the missions from not completing. It's a DOff assignment that I stopped doing long ago because of how it would lock up and tie up an assignment slot (there's another 8-hr assignment that I stopped doing because of a similar issue, but I can't remember it's designation).

My kdf characters haven't been affected by this either, but I highly suspect it's just because I avoid those two missions like the plague!
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2014
    Replacing the negative countdown with "finishing" is just a joke.

I have four KDF characters and the one with "Respond to Subordinates Challenge" won't let me collect any of the doff or R&D assignments. I decided to test the fix (something cryptic obviously can't be bothered to do). I wouldn't have been surprised to find no change but to have the it actually prevent me from collecting my completed missions? Keep up the good work... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Well, I don't know...

Shall I start a new thread that will have the exact same things mentioned? Because they didn't fix or change a thing (to the UI, the very limited cluster assignements should now rotate on 4 hour timers at least).

Or are any of you already on it?

Yes, cluster assignments now refresh every 4 hours instead of every 20, but no change was made to the doff UI itself. Although I try to include something new in each feedback post, I've repeated some points multiple times already. Since the last patch contains no updates to the doff UI, a new thread at this time would be completely redundant.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thread merge.

This is an excellent feedback thread. Let's keep the DOFF UI feedback from the latest change here, okay?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes, cluster assignments now refresh every 4 hours instead of every 20, but no change was made to the doff UI itself. Although I try to include something new in each feedback post, I've repeated some points multiple times already. Since the last patch contains no updates to the doff UI, a new thread at this time would be completely redundant.

Thanks for that. Didn't even have time to check it out due to RL emergencies...

No new thread then, besides I don't really have the luxury of time right now. May the devs listen to current feedback.

• Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Scheduling duty officer missions has been extremely difficult since 9.5. I get almost finished in scheduling a mission, when I find that it was a mission I couldn't have done in the first place. 9.5 replaced a user friendly interface with not merely unfriendly interface, but a hate-filled sadistic mocking interface.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New doff UI has a couple nice features but... I'd gladly give them up to roll back to the previous version and not having to wait 2-3 minutes on each toon waiting for my 20ish doff missions to slowly pop over to completed.

1.) It's too hard to find my usual doff missions. Info is too spread out over the giant doff mission blocks. Info you don't NEED on the first mission block clutters it all up.

2.) Filling the 10 slots for the KDF Labor Battalion is painful. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Yay, finally done! And since it fails! :mad: 70% of the time it's truly a waste of time. I'm better off making the 60k EC for those 10 prisoners on the Exchange.
  • Options
    leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to agree with your op 100% as everything you mentioned is either just annoying or downright broken and i had so hoped they were going to fix the negative timer on completed missions but as it has been pointed out their idea of a fix is just to remove the timer and show it as finishing, what a joke of a fix that is and still leaves you hanging around unable to do really much at all until they actually do all show up in the completed section and then finally the R&D doffs get the hint they can complete too!

I remember the days when i could complete a characters doff assignments in a very short time, not having to wait for things to show up, select the correct doffs to do the mission without spending minutes just looking for the one doff after unselecting the completely wrong doff and if that mission needs more than one doff you can easily spend 5 or more minutes just trying to get it started (then you realise you need a commodity so replicate it but it won't let you start so you have to go back out and start that process all over again as its "forgot" the selections you made just moments ago which is another thing, the old doff UI actually remembered which doffs you normally used on certain missions.

I am so frustrated at this new and improved UI i just want to ........................... oh i don't know it frustrates me so much i can't even decide what i want to do to it.

If any Dev's bother to read this thread please please please fix this thing :(
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2.) Filling the 10 slots for the KDF Labor Battalion is painful. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Hit Select. Uncheck VR & R, scroll past already picked prisoners, choose a common. Yay, finally done! And since it fails! :mad: 70% of the time it's truly a waste of time.

It's working as intended. When I want to choose space BNP missions in PvE queues, I need to uncheck 14 boxes. This is working as intended too. If I want to start 5 hourly reputation projects, I have to make huge quantity of clicks because we do not have "fill and start" button. I presume, it's working as intended also. When I need to contribute ~800 doffs for dil mine and I want contribute science doffs only, then I must manually choose science doffs from my big roster because we don't have such options as "choose all science doffs" or "show science doffs" etc. It must be working as intended. Without any doubts all these and other things were made intentionally because most of them aren't very difficult to fix.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Next assignment completes in -2d 32m...
  • Options
    synchronicity75synchronicity75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    60 assignments on 4 klingon characters have been finishing for 2 days.:( Have no such issue on my fed or rom characters though.
  • Options
    riccarl0riccarl0 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    60 assignments on 4 klingon characters have been finishing for 2 days.:( Have no such issue on my fed or rom characters though.

I have the identical same issue , no problem for my fed and rom toons, but my klingon is stuck on 19 out of 20 doff missions plus R&D. :mad:
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New doff UI has a couple nice features but... I'd gladly give them up to roll back to the previous version

Sadly this is true. Although a few things have been fixed or amended to make the new UI less horrible, it is still far less functional and far more time wasting than the old UI.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    fecklorfecklor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Romulan 14 assignments stuck for almost a week now, cant abort them stuck stuck stuck, Hopeless.

fed has been fine.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1198751

Here is a current issue, to add to this list of problems!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    - Doff assignements should be ordered by time of completion in the 'In Progress' and 'Complete' tabs (not like this: http://postimg.org/image/uyj1j2nr1/). That will also likely fix the order of assignements shown in the 'Assignement Log' tab.

This could actually alleviate another aggravation of mine. It kind'a bothers me in game when I'm about to click on a button just to have it replaced by a different button that pops up and does something totally different like the popup DOff mission outside of Dyson Command & team loot buttons. This recent change has now introduced the DOff mission reward button to that list. Often I'll see a critical success that would put my CXP above the 150k cap, so I'll save it until I can hit the starbase and make a commendation report. At least I think I'll save it. I'll go to accept the reward of an assignment next to it when *POOF* some other assignment comes in and moves the 'saved' assignment I don't want to collect right away to the position of the one I do want to collect.

It wasn't a big issue before, but now that it takes two minutes for the assignments come in at five second intervals... I'm amazed at just how often I manage to do this.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Next assignment completes in 5d 11m...
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, here's the patch notes for this week:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18708581#post18708581

Worried about the slow doff/R&D completion not being a known issue.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is not an issue for them. They added this intentionally.
  • Options
    leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeah i had noticed that myself and i think the post below you said it all really (they want us to waste time online with them)

I know i have sent in 2 bug reports now over the negative time issue and now the finishing issue which was the fantastic fix (lol) so i gather most people in this thread has bothered to send in bug reports to which they just ignore
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Next assignment completes in -6d 10h...

I've collected sickbay assignments across all characters (except the one with which I can't claim any assignments). I don't see Respond to Subordinate's Challenge mentioned either. Maybe the Respond mission is a red herring but I don't have high hopes for this patch.

If it doesn't work, at least I'll be able to put my klink in a sierra skirt and enjoy less clipping at least.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    These ungodly doff+R&D delays MUST GO! It's unbearable!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm happy to say that I was wrong and cryptic actually did manage to unlock my KDF's jobs after less than a week. Thanks for that.

The delay is still there though... Intended or not, the system worked just fine without out since it was created. I'd love to be wrong again and see cryptic fix that ridiculous mess too.