test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Messing with a scammer, trek style

uranium23567uranium23567 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Ten Forward
So a few years ago I was on craigslist looking for computer work, I found one for a lady who needed XP installed on some dell laptops, it seemed valid, she asked if I needed the xp disk, I said no, I have a dell disc. She said she was going to send me a check I need to withdraw the money and WESTERN UNION it to the shipper. Hmm, fishy? Sure sounds to me. I waited...got a check for over $2000! BS, it does not take that much to ship 7 laptops to anywhere in the world. I took the check (wells fargo) to wells fargo and they said it was on a fraudulent account with a 0 balance in it. I gave them the check and left this person in the dark, didn't communicate with them to give the authorities a chance to hopefully find them. They started to hound me, so a few days later, I gave this person this email back

http://www.paullinebarger.net/images/scamemail.png
Post edited by uranium23567 on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,080 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Very well done!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I approve/endorse this idea/suggestion. (Please circle whichever applies on your monitor)
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I LOL'ed way too hard at this, you win sir! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well played sir!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The bad grammar from the other person is another sign lol.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very well played!

Here is what my family tries to do when we get computer scammers that say they are working for Microsoft and want to fix my computer:

Scammer: "(presumably from India) Hello I am Dave from Microsoft and we are here to fix your computer."

Me: "Wow, Dave is here to fix my computer, so what is wrong with it?"

Scammer: "We have detected a virus in your system".

Me:"Hold on Dave, I'm calling you on my cellphone and I'm not getting a good connection. Give me your number so you can call me back on my home phone."

Me: (Transfers his call to the authorities).
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    an online buddy in another forum had scammers take his friend for a a lot, so he messed with them. hilarity ensued (Jurassic park reference in second one-especially right after 19min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrDotp88zY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCzyXw_lpXU
  • Options
    edited August 2014