test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Getting (some) gold perks for high F2P purchases, please

uranium23567uranium23567 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
I don't have a lifetime, or gold account. They don't provide what I need when I needed it. (only 500/mo zen is not enough)

but after some calculation, I have spent $675 on this game. Amounting more than two lifetime accounts.

I say people who spend this great amount should get SOMETHING bonus. I'm not asking for the monthly zen, but like access to the 700 day xp bonus, and access to the Chimera. Maybe a small lobi monthly stipend. I think people who spend $500 or more should be given special access to things that monthly payers get. $500 is equivalent to having a gold account for 1000+ days!

I've been paying for your salaries more than most gold players and have no perks people who pay less than I do

PLEASE consider this.
Post edited by uranium23567 on

Comments

• Options
    uranium23567uranium23567 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oh come on, NOBODY wants to support this? This is seriously something we need.
  • Options
    guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Respectfully, I completely disagree with your request. If you want the perks of having a subscription (either through monthly transactions or a lifetime subscription) then you need to actually subscribe to the game,

It is great that you have been fortunate enough to have been able to spend as much money as you have on the game, and undoubtedly any of your purchases/transactions that you have made, have helped to keep the game alive.

However, all of your purchases went to whatever it was that you bought, and you therefore, got what you paid for.

Too often people want something for nothing, and while there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking, it does not mean that one should indeed receive something for nothing.

Ultimately, that is just my opinion, and I mean you no disrespect, but as stated in my opening line, I completely disagree with what you are asking for.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't have a lifetime, or gold account. They don't provide what I need when I needed it. (only 500/mo zen is not enough)

but after some calculation, I have spent $675 on this game. Amounting more than two lifetime accounts.

I say people who spend this great amount should get SOMETHING bonus. I'm not asking for the monthly zen, but like access to the 700 day xp bonus, and access to the Chimera. Maybe a small lobi monthly stipend. I think people who spend $500 or more should be given special access to things that monthly payers get. $500 is equivalent to having a gold account for 1000+ days!

I've been paying for your salaries more than most gold players and have no perks people who pay less than I do

PLEASE consider this.
    Regarding the bolded part: Absolutely not going to happen. If you want the 1000-day Ship, get the LTS or Subscribe for 1000 days... no free player easy access, ever.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2014

PLEASE consider this.

I have the lifetime sub and have spent way more than you in addition to that. I have no perks coming my way for it, so why should you? You're not special.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you want LTS or Veteran perks buy an LTS or subscribe.

If you don't, don't, like you have done. It is that simple.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Respectfully, I completely disagree with your request. If you want the perks of having a subscription (either through monthly transactions or a lifetime subscription) then you need to actually subscribe to the game,

It is great that you have been fortunate enough to have been able to spend as much money as you have on the game, and undoubtedly any of your purchases/transactions that you have made, have helped to keep the game alive.

However, all of your purchases went to whatever it was that you bought, and you therefore, got what you paid for.

Too often people want something for nothing, and while there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking, it does not mean that one should indeed receive something for nothing.

Ultimately, that is just my opinion, and I mean you no disrespect, but as stated in my opening line, I completely disagree with what you are asking for.

This. 1000 times this. I couldn't have put it better myself.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    What about those of us in the 2K+ range?

I want a countertop device that makes raktajino on command. In the real world.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to agree with the other posters. While I have spent enough over the last year or so I've been playing to pay for a LTS, I do not expect nor do I deserve any special perks just because of my spending.

Are there things I would like to have? Sure. Couple of ships I would LOVE to have. I have found other ships to suffice and work around what I am not "allowed" to have because I choose NOT to subscribe and do not have the money all at once to buy an LTS.

tl;dr - Want the bene's of a LTS or monthly subscription? Buy and LTS or actually subscribe.

I'll take one of those!
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The self-entitlement in this thread is too damned high!!!!
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dessniper wrote: »
    The self-entitlement in this thread is too damned high!!!!

as someone who was FTP until June......You pay....you get what you paid for.....if you didnt buy a sub or lifer....you dont get sub or lifer

If i spend the same amount as you + lifer...does that mean you shouldnt have to pay for the lifer, even though i did and got the exact same amount of other stuff
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will soon have 100 days in game on my 1st F2P char n it would be nice to get something even if its just a badge or something to say thanks for sticking with the game for that long but i know it wont happen.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    I will soon have 100 days in game on my 1st F2P char n it would be nice to get something even if its just a badge or something to say thanks for sticking with the game for that long but i know it wont happen.
    Free players don't get that sort of thing. I played about more than 300 days since the game went free-to-play before getting the LTS and I never had anything like that when I played the game for free.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While I'm not opposed to "time-served" or "ships bought" accolades or something like that (or even maybe a store unlock of some sort), in my opinion it would have to be something over-and-above what gold and LTS people get, something different. Something that gold and LTS people are getting as well if and when they buy that Oddy 3 pack or whatnot.

As the OP mentioned, 500 zen a month is farily low, so if an LTS player wants all those shineys - ie every ship, lockbox keys, etc, then they are all buying zen or grinding dilithium just like the F2P crowd.

Gold or LTS rewards for F2P players? I respectfully disagree as well. I feel it would just reduce the number of subs even further. I'd argue that the premise of the OP's thread shows that there isn't "enough" incentives to convice players to subscribe in the first place, let alone taking those away. I realize this is also a slippery slope - lumping too much in with Gold would take away from our admittedly good F2P model.

Full disclosure - I am LTS.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014

If you rent for 10 years, and end up paying twice the amount it would have cost you to buy the place, you don't get any of the bonuses or perks for owners.

Just because your bad investment costs you as much as the good investment doesn't mean you suddenly qualify from any of the benefits of the good investment.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Should Lifetime members be given more perks to increase the incentive for F2P players to upgrade? Oh yes, and give those same perks to the old guard such as myself. Should those same lifetime perks simply be given away to F2P players without any investment by those same players? HELL NO!!!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014

PLEASE consider this.

A monthly lobi stipend for gold/lifetime subscribers is a great idea. :D

Hmm......I have an idea! An accolade and special title to display on all your toons for spending so much money on the game regardless of being subscribed or not. Call it "Loyal Customer" or something. If you had a cold chance in hell to get anything as a non-subscriber for what you spent on the game, I think something like that would be about all you'd get sadly.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was a free player for just over a year before I bought a lifetime sub. I probably spent a few hundred bucks on zen before then, but I never felt entitled to any veteran rewards. I did want the veteran rewards and that's why when I had the money and the lifetime sub was on sale, I finally was able to buy it.

I think that veteran rewards should stay the way they are for veterans and lifetime subscribers.

However, the OP is on to something.

Maybe there could be some sort of loyalty reward for everybody who spends real money on zen only. After spending so much money on zen you would get an account-wide special bridge officer with a unique trait, or maybe a special ground/ship weapon that scales with level (but isn't very competitive with rep/fleet gear, though useable). It would be based on zen purchased for your account from using your credit card online or inputting the code on the back of a zen card you bought at the store.

Something special for loyal customers regardless of subscription status would be nice so free players who don't want to, or can't, subscribe for whatever reason but are able to buy zen on occasion would feel rewarded. :) Edit: It would also entice people to buy more zen.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like Cryptic to pay me $15 per month for the honor of having me as a F2P player.

:)
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014

what about those of us thats in the 3k plus range? I want Cryptic to send me a New Nvidia Titan card so I can play their game at max settings. I deserve it. I really do. Come on Cryptic.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know, I thought about this a little more after I had already made a post. You know the guy might be right. Its all digital entertainment and theirs really nothing cryptic could lose by giving players that have spent a certain amount a 1 time bonus. This might actually help cryptic to make more money because ppl would be spending to get to a specific item (if cryptic offered anything good of course). After thinking about it for awhile, I think its not a bad idea at all.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I say people who spend this great amount should get SOMETHING bonus.

PLEASE consider this.

I agree with this...furthermore, what the hell did you spend all that zen on?
    Anyway, if you put the equivalent of an LTS into this game you should get those perks as well.
    Something.
    Anything.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree.

Everytime I spend 50usd on zen, I get 300 z free. I should get.... oh.... wait....
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    I agree.

Everytime I spend 50usd on zen, I get 300 z free. I should get.... oh.... wait....

...is that all you get after giving them 50 bucks?
    I'm glad I hand over only 20 bucks at a time...if I think they deserve it.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol. WELFARE for STO. This is a big NO in my book. Player make a decision on what they buy when they purchase something from the Z-store. Every player pays the same amount for the same item. LTS is well worth it in my opinion. I would wait for the sale. Don't ask for something you are not entitled to. I do t ask a Porche owner for his car keys because I spent the same amount on something else. While I support more benifits to LTS. Like a five key monthly stipend, people do not need something for free.

As for the OP. I could have spent the same amount and bought everything you have. The. I still paid for a. LTS. Now you are trying to take my perks. It is bad enough early Tribble Access was promised and taken away. ( totally different subject ). If you want the perks pay for them. You do get a bonus. On e you start spending a certain amount of Zen, Cryptic gives you more. They give 300 more for 5000 purchase.
    320x240.jpg