test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

doff assignment filtering issue

t00badt00bad Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
1. Secialization shows green even though it is not pozitiv for the assignment.(not sure if this one has anything to do with filtering)

2. Duty Officer is excluded from the list in some cases, when traits are checked.
14l2gjk.jpg
Post edited by t00bad on

Comments

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ¿? nobody uses the filter... its useless right now, until cryptic decides to fix it or make it functional. I waste far less time just selecting my doffs manually.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You probably shouldn't put your links in green text; it wasn't clear to me that that they were links at first.
    t00bad wrote: »
    1. Secialization shows green even though it is not pozitiv for the assignment.(not sure if this one has anything to do with filtering)

See the following bug report:

Doff selection list displays wrong colors for specializations
    t00bad wrote: »
    2. Duty Officer is excluded from the list in some cases, when traits are checked.

I don't think this part is a bug. Five of Six is neither cunning nor unruly. I think the doff filters work this way:

(Rarity1 or Rarity2 ...) and
    (Specialization1 or Specialization2 ...) and
    (IncludedTrait1 or IncludedTrait2 ...) and
    (not (ExcludedTrait1 or ExcludedTrait2 ...))

Of course, this is a simplification, because as your first screenshot shows, if no traits are selected, then all traits are allowed. This is how the trait filter, as well as the rarity and specialization filters, work on the "Roster" tab. Oddly, the rarity and specialization filters in the doff selection window don't work this way. Instead, if no option is selected, then all are excluded. People have been complaining about this for a while now, asking that they make the filters in the doff selection window work like the filters on the "Roster" tab.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png