test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kinetic Adaptation?

hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
Hello again! So I got my hands on the new Ultra Rare TR-116B Sniper Rifle. So I took it to Defara to break it in. So after plowing through a couple hundred borg, I noticed something weird... They adapted. I decided to test a couple things, remodulated and it adapted again. Now on those first two, it was a cold adaptation, and the third time around, it was an electrical adaptation. None of these reduced the damage that was induced into the borg, yet every attack, the "adapted" message would float up.
dTSDWXg.jpg
iG8PacJ.jpg
The Grate Lorde Cheesus
Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
Kirks Prot
Post edited by hpgibbs on

Comments

• Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Might just be an bug, in the fact that it still thinks re-modulation is needed, even though it still allows the damage to continue.

Basically one code thinking you are using an energy weapon thus needing to re-modulate, while another code simply skips all of this, and allows damage to continue anyways.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The borg have Adapted to the damage from your fuse armor.
    Also image 2 shows that your kinetic damage was not affected by the adapt with a flanking crit of 394.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I know. I said that it did not affect damage. I then switched to my Tholian Crystalline Sword and wailed on the borg with that, and every strike the adapted message would show too. Damage not affected there either.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    I know. I said that it did not affect damage. I then switched to my Tholian Crystalline Sword and wailed on the borg with that, and every strike the adapted message would show too. Damage not affected there either.

The borg will anyways adapt to any bonus damage type gained by kinetic and physical weapons or from powers like fuse armour(electrical), the tholian swords getting charged by their weapons(plasma) in the borgs case.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Even so, take for example the TR-116B rifle: There is not bonus damage like the tholian sword, and there is no Cold proc, yet one of the adaptations was cold, and another was electrical.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,083 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I've seen this before, where the Borg adapt to a non standard damage type like cold or electrical, and EVERYTHING triggers the adapted warning, even if you pull out a fresh Phaser after using a Disruptor.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They're adapting to your nukara cryo immobilizer.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What about the electrical one though?
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot