Options

Frustrated with the lack of options....

13»

Comments

• Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    No specific place needs to be created, just add a few Uni-sex clothing options and stances.
    nabreeki wrote: »
    This is fair enough. In all honesty I am really not asking for a lot.

Approves.

/10char
  • Options
    acrosscatacrosscat Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little unclear with the nomenclature you younguns use today. I've got hairy arms, legs, back, and chest. Does that mean I'm furry, or just uncomfortable in humid weather? :confused:

Furry these days usually refers to people online portraying animals that stand upright and that think they are people in their roleplaying shenanigans.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rondorarondora Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am surprised this has not been mentioned yet as a solution to your request, make your own chat channel to do this rp in if you don't like what people are saying to you in zone chat when doing this. i respect your right to be able to do this sort of thing but you should also be respectful of my right to be able to go through a zone and not see chat in there about someone sticking there tentical (or whatever you have) into some other being or whatever sexual RP you wish to do.

hugging, kissing, holding hands and what not in chat i am fine with, you want to rp past that point get a dang channel going outside public chat, just like i would tell you in RL. i don't expect to someone throwing it into someone in the grocery store just like i don't expect to see that when standing in the exchange.
  • Options
    rondorarondora Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am not condoning -- nor have I EVER condoned -- explicitly sexual RP in public zones. I like how everyone is automatically jumping there, though, it's pretty telling. Being openly TRIBBLE, in RL or RP, doesn't begin or end at mere physical sexual encounters. I hope you'll be able to see past that pretty shallow assessment in the future. Thanks for your ill-informed input.

i like how you skipped over where i said you can do anything non sexual you want in public chat and i have zero issue with it.

you want to run around in a speedo have at er, you want the ability to where female cloths have at er , you want to talk about how you think that lizard over there is hot stuff, again have at er, you want to discuss any other topics that you feel are aligned with your preferences then have at er, you wish to discuss how when you got home the other day the tribble you are dating got you something nice, go right ahead.

in general you want to do anything you feel is involved with RPing or being openly TRIBBLE then go to town i don't care.

what subjects do you feel you cant discuss that are openly TRIBBLE and you get issues over in chat?

What would make this game more open than it already is?

You say you have never condoned openly sexual things in chat i never said you did, i was explaining in the most briefest of terms as to what is and is not acceptable in public chat and sighted examples of things i have seen in esd chat and other zones.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Those who know me know that I am a long-time player of STO, a big supporter of all the recent game changes implemented by the devs, and a massive Trek fan. It should come as little surprise to anyone that I am loving all these updates -- starting with LoR, they have ALL been grand slams, as far as I can see. The devs have continually hit it out of the park with season 8, 8.5, 9, and this last update. Thanks for all your time and effort, Devs, your hard work is definitely being noticed on my end.

trolling like a real dental - awesome :D
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think that "seductive" clothing is unsuitable for the game setting. This isn't "Leisure Suit Larry: The MMO", it's Star Trek.

Bathing suits should be restricted to the beaches of Risa if they need to exist at all.

Uniforms and whatever other off-duty clothing should be tastefully done.

If we are all just people, which I thought was the point, then there shouldn't be a need for any "LGBT" options because whatever options there are cover everyone.

You want to dance with someone of the same gender? Knock yourself out.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    [...]unsubstantiated bluster. These outrageous accusations against myself and my fleet are, of course, beneath me, and I will not address them head-on.

Well no. I was a frequent Drozana visitor (way before its remodelling) and saw members of your fleet standing on the bar, spinning with extinguisher turned on. I saw claims of Drozana being your property now (again, by member of your fleet, not by yourself). My fleetmates felt harassed to the point we stopped meeting there. Many of your fleetmates were added to ignorelist on sight, just because of that kind of behavior.

So here is your "unsubstantiated bluster".
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    talore003talore003 Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    I find it amusing to see a member of Dental claiming to be an RPer or LGBT friendly. :D
    You guys must be bored...

As for the topic of the post I don't think anyone needs special snowflake treatment. All the areas in game are for everyone to use no matter what orientation don't like to bad for whoever. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    talore003 wrote: »
    I find it amusing to see a member of Dental claiming to be an RPer or LGBT friendly. :D

As for the topic of the post I don't think anyone needs special snowflake treatment. All the areas in game are for everyone to use no matter what orientation don't like to bad for whoever. :rolleyes:

Well it's obvious its a bait thread.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    talore003 wrote: »

This is the correct answer.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have you tried going to Starbase 381?

Or did you get banned for exceeding the maximum height requirements?

*Ba bum TSS*
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    talore003talore003 Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    Have you read the forums here on the STO official game forums? Nearly every single thread is asking for special snowflake treatment.

"I don't suck at the game, everyone else sucks at healing. Fix it so I can win."

"I can't wear my bikini on Vulcan. Fix it."

"I want the Devs to send me personalized e-mails detailing every thing they've done in the past 24 hours."

Why not me?

I did not say that you couldn't ask. :D

I just said no one should get special snowflake treatment hehe. Anyway think I will go play instead of hanging out on a joke thread lol. It was slightly amusing! :D
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    personally, I do not understand why the push for a social agenda that really does not belong in the game. if you want to RP your lifestyle, fine there are a ton of dead social zones out there. go make out on an andorian ice bluff or play grab a** on Bajor.

but to beg the game to suit what is less than 4% of the population is ridiculous and IMHO a blatant attempt to bring real world politics into STO and the forums
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Think you completely missed the point and spirit of the thread. Please take time to actually read the discussion. Thanks.

I did that.

Thank *YOU* for being condescending.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I am asking for more variety of emotes/costumes for male characters and a little more vigilant enforcing of the TOS in regards to discrimination.

I recently attended a public screening of "Encounter at Farpoint" at the Black Cat here in Washington D.C. The crowd cheered as loudly for the guy wearing the skant as it did when Patrick Stewart appeared on the screen. So I think your requests are perfectly within the spirit of Star Trek and Star Trek fandom; and I wholeheartedly agree in your views that LGBT discrimination should be vigilantly opposed in the game.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course. We don't allow hostility, badgering, trolling, flaming, mocking, insulting or any other behavior that constitutes a "forum disturbance".

We also do not allow off-topic posts. While religion and political commentary is specifically called out as "off-topic", it's not exhaustive. This is turning into inflammatory commentary on a social issue that is controversial, not unique to STO, and is not going to be resolved here. All that needs to be said is that PWE does not condone any form of harassment and that there are proper channels to report harassment. This is not one of them.

Therefore, I'm closing this thread down with my trusty [Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIX [+Mod X2][-Flames]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with the Community Manager to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.