test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star trek Las Vegas, STO and expansion 2

z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
So as we all know Star trek Las Vegas is happening very soon ( all hail the great convention ) and, our little game will be out in force once again. It was recently said ( priority one podcast with Thomas The cryptic cat ) that info for expansion 2 will be shown an we will get some blogs ( possibly some videos ) the following week, so one question; are you all looking forward to any info/blogs regarding expansion 2?
I personally am looking foward to any blogs that come of this, as I miss reading any blog from the STO team/cm(s).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    So as we all know Star trek Las Vegas is happening very soon ( all hail the great convention ) and, our little game will be out in force once again. It was recently said ( priority one podcast with Thomas The cryptic cat ) that info for expansion 2 will be shown an we will get some blogs ( possibly some videos ) the following week, so one question; are you all looking forward to any info/blogs regarding expansion 2?
    I personally am looking foward to any blogs that come of this, as I miss reading any blog from the STO team/cm(s).

X2 is the only thing I am still looking forward to regarding STO.
    I have literally nothing to do ingame right now what appeals to me, apart from a bit foundry maybe.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Considering we are running dry on dev blogs, news, Smirk, foundry spotlight, and generally everything, I look forward to anything. At the moment we only have the company of *shudder* Tacofangs.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic has lately been a lot of "You think it's bad? Don't be afraid, we'll make it worse!". So I guess I'd rather prefer not to hear anything from them. :P
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    so one question; are you all looking forward to any info/blogs regarding expansion 2?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on these forums who isn't. As was said on another thread, X2 is going to be STO's make-or-break point. What happens during STLV will be a major factor one way or the other.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm looking forward to it. Everything presented in the next month or so will determine the future of this game.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm waiting with bated breath, but also a fair bit of trepidation.

I doubt I'm entirely alone in having a 'this-better-be-good' attitude to X2.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I fully expect to get an email 2-3 days after X2 launches...beyond that, I have no expectations for information - well, here or on the site. I'm sure there will be all sorts of information elsewhere.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic has lately been a lot of "You think it's bad? Don't be afraid, we'll make it worse!". So I guess I'd rather prefer not to hear anything from them. :P

I feel the same. I mean...what reason is there to care anymore at this point? Every time I think it can't get worse it does.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have some mixed feelings. I'm half excited half worried.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    I am looking forward to what is announced in LV, and hoping good stuff comes from it. :)

Trying to set my expectations relatively low, though... you could qualify me as an "Apple fanboy," so I'm used to secrecy and things not being announced by the mothership when *I* want them. :P I also seem to set the bar relatively low for this game, too... so that helps. It's just a fun game for me. :)

I'm also hoping the lack of interaction from the PWE team, as of late, will be explained by what is announced... clearly, they're working on something big, and that is why we've been in the dark. They have to be. I mean, they ain't just playing Minesweeper all day. :P
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No.

They will say nothing, anything about it will be either on Podcasts or social networks.

Wouldn't be too sure about that.
    The blogs probably arrive in the weeks after X2's launch. Like those glorious S 9.5 blogs we got after S 9.5's launch.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Personally I've given up on tracking info about STO.

Between Twitter, Facebook, Massively, Priority One and Q knows what else, it's harder work to keep track on the info than it is to farm dil to complete a fleet base on your own.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too sure about that.
    The blogs probably arrive in the weeks after X2's launch. Like those glorious S 9.5 blogs we got after S 9.5's launch.

now what blogs did you mean? Everything that was devoted to blog about season 9.5 were all in season 9 blogs. They always put up blogs about what's coming out while it's on tribble.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    now what blogs did you mean? Everything that was devoted to blog about season 9.5 were all in season 9 blogs. They always put up blogs about what's coming out while it's on tribble.

I think he was sarcastically referring to the lack of... well... anything since season 9.5 release.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6005323-adventure-zone-rewards-update

Came out days after S 9.5 launched.

Also, the Xindi Lockbox was announced the very day that S 9.5 launched.

This information policy is ludicrous at best, and maddening at worst.
    anazonda wrote: »
    I think he was sarcastically referring to the lack of... well... anything since season 9.5 release.

I am mad about that, too.
    Right now I am mad at many things regarding STO, so I might not be the most pleasant guy to discuss with. I will force my presence unto you anyways. :P
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I am mad about that, too.
    Right now I am mad at many things regarding STO, so I might not be the most pleasant guy to discuss with. I will force my presence unto you anyways. :P

I'm not mad about it... Just somewhat disappointing, that a company that I used to applaud for their willingness to represent themselves among their players, more or less suddenly appear to have devoted themselves to silence.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    I will be at Star Trek Las Vegas this year representing the Foundry Roundtable podcast. When I get home Sunday I'll be producing a little video in which I'll go over everything that was said. Keep an eye on the Foundry section of these forums.

P1, Stoked or the G&T show may beat me to it, they're a bit more high tech :) and they're going to be set up at the con itself. I'll definitely be tweeting from the presentation though, you can follow me at @drogyn1701.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well this is what I thought, we all seem to be a bit " glass is half empty " at the moment, I really do feel a bit more deflated as each month goes on ( being British I have to have a stiff upper lip tho ). Just realised 1000 posts! Well thats something to proud of this month I guess :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Awesome drogyn will add you to my check list, hope something good can be taken from Las Vegas.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Considering we are running dry on dev blogs, news, Smirk, foundry spotlight, and generally everything, I look forward to anything. At the moment we only have the company of *shudder* Tacofangs.

:::waves:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

WOOOAAAAHHH....

Been a while. Seems a while, anyway.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pretty sure the reason for the lack of dev blogs and such is because maybe they're preparing for their Panel at Vegas and some surprises too.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I share the sentiments already made in this thread. X2 is the make or break for STO...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Pretty sure the reason for the lack of dev blogs and such is because maybe they're preparing for their Panel at Vegas and some surprises too.

Nah, Smirk threw a few folks under the bus explaining what was going on...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18027351&postcount=45
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    We shall wait and see what STLV14 will bring us, in regards to X2...

Gawd I hope is something cool!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    We shall wait and see what STLV14 will bring us, in regards to X2...

Gawd I hope is something cool!!!

A new rep system tied to the launcher, where you'll have to grind a mini-game for 100 days to be able to login to the game? Of course, you can register a credit card with PWE allowing them to take what they feel like when they want to speed up the process. ;)
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    A new rep system tied to the launcher, where you'll have to grind a mini-game for 100 days to be able to login to the game? Of course, you can register a credit card with PWE allowing them to take what they feel like when they want to speed up the process. ;)

Shhhh don't give'em ideas....
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    X2 is the only thing I am still looking forward to regarding STO.
    I have literally nothing to do ingame right now what appeals to me, apart from a bit foundry maybe.

That kind of thing happens when you've done everything 12x over. As for me? I've never gotten past The "assimilated undine" storyline on any character.